Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a Place / Want a Place

Options
  • 23-05-2011 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

There's a lot of traffic ATM based around people either looking for houseshares, or looking for someone to share their house. So these posts, as of now, are to go in this thread. Threads advertising places will be moved in here, and the user may be infracted depending on how I feel.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aineb92

hi, im looking for shared accommodation for this year! Im 19 and studying food science.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

Me too! :/
    Let me know if you find anywhere/are looking for a roommate :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aineb92

thats great any chance you have found anything yet?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Hey guys I'm looking for people to share with to, either of you been able to find anywhere near UCD?

I've been trawling websites with the last couple of days and theres so many places, but I'm from waterford and I wouldn't know the area so I don't know how close they'd be to the college and I wouldn't be able to travel up..
    I applied for student accommodation but I'm really far down on the list, Imma hold out hope for that until tmrw or friday and hope for the best!

• Advertisement

Shonagh wrote: »
    I've been trawling websites with the last couple of days and theres so many places, but I'm from waterford and I wouldn't know the area so I don't know how close they'd be to the college and I wouldn't be able to travel up..
    I applied for student accommodation but I'm really far down on the list, Imma hold out hope for that until tmrw or friday and hope for the best!

I'm the exact same as you from Galway so don't have a clue where would be near the college.

Just got an email saying I wasn't offered campus today but I might be tmrw.. I'm gonna start looking again, will I keep ye posted on what I come across? How many bedrooms should I look for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

How many bedrooms should I look for?

How many do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Just got an email saying I wasn't offered campus today but I might be tmrw.. I'm gonna start looking again, will I keep ye posted on what I come across? How many bedrooms should I look for?

Yeah, same. :( I'm now number 934 I think. Ugh. So I better start looking for accommodation off campus.
    Anybody able to recommend a website? I think myself and a friend (both 1st year girls) will be looking for a house-share as close as possible to UCD.

Exothermic wrote: »
    Yeah, same. :( I'm now number 934 I think. Ugh.

Why? Do you think 934 is too high?

• Advertisement

Why? Do you think 934 is too high?

Well I have no idea if places have been offered yet to my category (1st years), so I'm not sure am I 200-ish places away from being offered a place, or am I 934 places away?
    I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'd love to be on-campus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Exothermic wrote: »
    Yeah, same. :( I'm now number 934 I think. Ugh. So I better start looking for accommodation off campus.
    Anybody able to recommend a website? I think myself and a friend (both 1st year girls) will be looking for a house-share as close as possible to UCD.

Daft.ie is your friend.

The areas to look in would be: Donnybrook, Stilorgan, Dundrum, Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown.

A nice single room would most likely cost you give or take €400 a month in a shared house.

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Clonskeagh-Road-Clonskeagh-Dublin-14/1099764/

Space for three other people.. Anyone interested? It seems to be close enough to the college!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ahh im the same! Am waiting for an email to see if i got campus accom! Fingers crossed!! If i dont well i dont know what to to :(

Ohh collagecribs.ie have some decent places or the did last week before the cao offers!! So have a look there!

Locker10a wrote: »
    Ahh im the same! Am waiting for an email to see if i got campus accom! Fingers crossed!! If i dont well i dont know what to to :(

Make sure you're checking your UCD Connect email. You can find out your updated number currently to give you a decent idea via the UCD SIS Web, under Student Services, then click on the Residences link. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Space for three other people.. Anyone interested? It seems to be close enough to the college!

Shonagh i may be interested:o depending if i get campus or not :confused:
    I may be able to fill two spaces!
    PM me if u want:)

I just did there :)

I'm 611 on the list now but I have no idea if that's good or not :(

Anyone else moving up from Galway?

I went from 884 this morning to 435 just a minute ago.. Hopefully thats good :L It does seem to be moving quite quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

I'm in the same boat. Desperately ringing all the landlords of shared places but all are either taken or digs :@. I'd be interested in renting a house with other first year students..................................... 19 and going doing Psy Nursing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mo202

So I'm heading up to UCD doing Arts. I'm looking for accommodation. Anyone already found a house and looking for more people? Theres me (guy) and my friend (girl) so were looking for 2 rooms. Telling the truth like, we both drink alot, and are always up for a laugh and a party, so please don't reply if your a stuck up someone who's gonna be nose in books 24/7 ..we're looking for people like ourselves. Guys and girls preferably..maybe a 4 bed house??
    Cheers for any input

Hmmm. You drink alot?

What are you up for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mo202

What you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Catand

Hey...im lookin for accomadation too..but like im bymyself..all my friends went to Galway :P...ive applied for student accom. but like im really far down on the list:/ are ye still looking for a house or do ye want someone who already has a house? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ackc

I may be interested...pm me...not sure though...thats a bit of an extreme price for a month.

Ackc wrote: »
    I may be interested...pm me...not sure though...thats a bit of an extreme price for a month.

Its 400 a month if we get four people, so its not awful! I'm 62nd on the campus waiting list atm so hopefully I'll get that, if not i'll give you a shout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ackc

I have been looking and found a few share houses close to UCD, i will be a first year there doing social science and am thinking of maybe 3 or 4 more people t share a house with. Anyone interested? Im easy going and looking to make the best of first year :D girls or guys, im a girl by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eakj

I'm in. added you on facebook. I'm a first year psychology student and I think we'd get on quite well :) if we find one more person we're good to go I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Martina_420

Hi Everyone,

Looking for 2 housemates to share a 4 bed house in the Cabra area Dublin 7. The rent is reasonable @ €350 a month with ESB estimated between €35 - €45 every 2 months on average. It is a lovely home comprising of a hall, sitting room, dining room, utility, large kitchen, landing, 2 bathrooms, 1 single bedroom and 3 double bedrooms with a front and rear garden. The area is a fantastic place to live, close to local shops and a 20 minute bus journey to the city centre with buses leaving every 15 minutes. The move in date is in 3 weeks. A note on the lettings agents site is that references will be asked for and they take preference to applicants holding jobs (in order for rent to be paid). If anyone has any questions just go ahead I will be happy to answer them!

Happy house hunting
    Please spread this around

• Advertisement

eakj wrote: »
    I'm in. added you on facebook. I'm a first year psychology student and I think we'd get on quite well :) if we find one more person we're good to go I'd say

I got offered campus today so I'm all booked in to glenomena! Sorry :(

Advertisement