Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre3 99 euro shipped - elara.ie

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, average selling price for a 8GB Unlocked HP Pre 3: €402.30.

Can't work out average for 16GB Touchpad but from a quick glance - not much more than €300.
    Crazy amount to pay for one. You'd get a similar spec Android for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Long shot but I've been trying all the sites that I could think of to try and buy one of the HP Pre 3 since my Android phone was stolen a few weeks back but missed out on elara.ie :( . If anybody that has bought one and wants to sell it PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dman001 wrote: »
    Crazy amount to pay for one. You'd get a similar spec Android for that price!
    True.. but judging by most reactions I've read for the HP Touchpad, €300 seems like a crazy amount for that too.

EBay brings out the "nuttos"! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Yep, average selling price for a 8GB Unlocked HP Pre 3: €402.30.

Can't work out average for 16GB Touchpad but from a quick glance - not much more than €300.

Jesus, that's mental money, there's some nice phones around for that price.

True.. but judging by most reactions I've read for the HP Touchpad, €300 seems like a crazy amount for that too.

Buy Now for €520.00 on eBay.ie WOW

That is crazy money for a phone that is only single core and not guaranteed future proof at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That HP notice is bad news. May mean that Elara wont sell at the lower price ?

It's proof alone of the Supply and Demand economic theory.
    Long shot but I've been trying all the sites that I could think of to try and buy one of the HP Pre 3 since my Android phone was stolen a few weeks back but missed out on elara.ie . If anybody that has bought one and wants to sell it PM me.
    When I get mine, I'll sell it to ya for €402. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I bought one for the missus. Think she'd rather the € 400!

Only €402 ahh you're the best ever :rolleyes: sold !

Tusky wrote: »
    It's odd alright how little to no retailer in the UK and Ireland have the Pre in stock, never mind selling it at €99. We'll know by tomorrow anyway. But if the stock is there (and Elara says it is), there shouldn't be any reason why we won't get it.

• Advertisement

It's odd alright how little to no retailer in the UK and Ireland have the Pre in stock, never mind selling it at €99. We'll know by tomorrow anyway. But if the stock is there (and Elara says it is), there shouldn't be any reason why we won't get it.

Probably slim to no chance of elara getting more at this stage?. It would be interesting to know how many HP made before they took the decision to discontinue with WebOS.

neonman wrote: »
    Probably slim to no chance of elara getting more at this stage?. It would be interesting to know how many HP made before they took the decision to discontinue with WebOS.
    They thought they might, but at this stage I don't think so. Unlike the Touchpad, the Pre was only on sale on one or two websites in Germany and the UK. So stock was probably severely limited. TBH I'm surprised there was so many Touchpads around.

They thought they might, but at this stage I don't think so. Unlike the Touchpad, the Pre was only on sale on one or two websites in Germany and the UK. So stock was probably severely limited. TBH I'm surprised there was so many Touchpads around.

I'll keep a close eye on the Euro store and Elara for the next few days in the hope to get one.

neonman wrote: »
    I'll keep a close eye on the Euro store and Elara for the next few days in the hope to get one.
    Keep an eye on Expansys too. They were selling them in France, so you might have a bitta luck of getting one there. But you might have to be prepared to pay €199 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I was on to them today and they said that they don't have the phones yet. They said if they get the phones they will more than lightly be at the discounted price. They said they would know late on today Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

padocon wrote: »
    I was on to them today and they said that they don't have the phones yet. They said if they get the phones they will more than lightly be at the discounted price. They said they would know late on today Tuesday.

If they werent sure of the price they shouldnt have taken the money from my account. Madness.

If they werent sure of the price they shouldnt have taken the money from my account. Madness.

They took the money! :eek: Then they have to supply you with one. Must check to see did they take my money. Obviously must have, cant check till tomorrow.

clank182 wrote: »
    Pre 3s selling for around 400 on ebay touchpads around 200-250. Theres hundreds of touchpads on ebay and less than 20 pre 3s. pre 3s def worth more :)

:eek: I can't believe they are making that price! eg
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Palm-Pre-3-8GB-New-Sim-Free-Factory-Sealed-/110735417659?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item19c858613b#ht_3188wt_1154

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Can't remember for sure but weren't they about €396 before all this happened?

Auld-Yin wrote: »

Yes but I would think when something like that would happen (being discontinued) their value would drop.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Sure is crazy.
    Earlier, I saw a 32GB Pad marked at €625!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Auld-Yin wrote: »

Yes but I would think when something like that would happen (being discontinued) their value would drop.

The phone was never released in America so eBay is one of the only place Americans can get their hands on one. I'd say it's American users willing to pay the full price for it

Keep an eye on Expansys too. They were selling them in France, so you might have a bitta luck of getting one there. But you might have to be prepared to pay €199 for it.

Already on the notify me list on Expansys so we'll see what happens there.

I think the max I would be willing to pay for Pre 3 would be €150 otherwise I would start to look at getting another Android phone. Only real reason i was interested in the HP was :

1. My phone was stolen a few weeks back (HTC Desire Z) had it rooted and had a nice custom ROM on it. Really liked the flip out keypad.
    2. The possible discounted price plus the flip out keypad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

does anybody have any news about palm pre3 ordered last week on elara website?

lalipule wrote: »
    does anybody have any news about palm pre3 ordered last week on elara website?
    Probably best to an eye here for the latest updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

Probably best to an eye here for the latest updates.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order. Must get a decent qwerty android instead!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

can we close this thread as elara already has a thread dealing with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

padyjoe wrote: »
    I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order. Must get a decent qwerty android instead!

You may as well hang on, you won't get an equivalent phone for that price without a plan which will cost you more in the long run. If you don't like it, you can always sell it on!

• Advertisement

davoxx wrote: »
    can we close this thread as elara already has a thread dealing with this.
    Yeah, not a bad idea.

Get all the latest updates to Pre3 orders from Elara here!

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement