Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre3 99 euro shipped - elara.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

padocon wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this has 3G connectivity?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    I for one don't want pay as you go, it's a pain in the buttocks plus pay monthly should give a better deal. Also, unlimited data is never truly unlimited. If it's not already strangled by a fair use clause, find yourself in the top 5% of data users and you might find your connection drops to a crawl leaving the idea of "unlimited" a pipedream along with all hopes of streaming anything meaningfull to your device.

Is anybody willing to add their support to contract negotiations...?

Just sign up to Three pay as you go and stick 20 euro in for the first month, that'll give you 15gigs data (considerably more than anyone else's free/unlimited data). If the speed is rubbish throw it in the bin and go shopping for billpay later. If anything suddenly getting throttled a few months into a 12/18 month contract is a bigger problem than billpay where you can walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Else get a sim only bill pay plan like e.g. "3" do, I think its €30 per month for the normally €40 plan, that you get if you get an iPhone or S2 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

€10 data addon for 02 do the job, wifi for the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Just sign up to Three pay as you go and stick 20 euro in for the first month, that'll give you 15gigs data (considerably more than anyone else's free/unlimited data). If the speed is rubbish throw it in the bin and go shopping for billpay later. If anything suddenly getting throttled a few months into a 12/18 month contract is a bigger problem than billpay where you can walk away.

Not if we negotiate ourselves, that way we know full well what we're get into. Have you ever tried leaving a subscription service, you know all the hoops they jump through just to hang on to you, you, one singular customer. Now I don't think it's unreasonable to think that 30/40/50+ plus customers in search of a provider shouldn't have some clout. It doesn't necessarily have to be just us with Pre3s, anyone else in search of a new data/talktime contract can jump in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not if we negotiate ourselves, that way we know full well what we're get into. Have you ever tried leaving a subscription service, you know all the hoops they jump through just to hang on to you, you, one singular customer. Now I don't think it's unreasonable to think that 30/40/50+ plus customers in search of a provider shouldn't have some clout. It doesn't necessarily have to be just us with Pre3s, anyone else in search of a new data/talktime contract can jump in too.
    Give it up man, no network is going to negotiate a contract with a small group of people. Most people are happy enough with PAYG but if you want them to bleed you dry go in and sign up to any bill service out there, you're spoiled for choice.

Liam O wrote: »
    Give it up man, no network is going to negotiate a contract with a small group of people. Most people are happy enough with PAYG but if you want them to bleed you dry go in and sign up to any bill service out there, you're spoiled for choice.

Eh!?! I think you've got that backwards... Pay as you go is always the more costly option. It's that attitude that ensures we continue to get shafted, put up and shut up huh? You talk like I don't realise it's a gamble, what I propose is that we try, that's all. I dunno, is that totally crazy...?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are Elara stocking these again? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Eh!?! I think you've got that backwards... Pay as you go is always the more costly option. It's that attitude that ensures we continue to get shafted, put up and shut up huh? You talk like I don't realise it's a gamble, what I propose is that we try, that's all. I dunno, is that totally crazy...?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    PAYG if you top up buy 20 a month getting 15GB data, free texts, free weekend calls, free 3 to 3 calls and after all that there's apps that give you free texts. A bill is going to be 50 a month guaranteed. If you constantly use your phone for business or something yeah it works out better sometimes but with Facebook and other things it's only when I'm out or in work I need it and PAYG more than suffices and is much cheaper. Sure half the people in the thread aren't going to get the phone anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Are Elara stocking these again? :-(

In 2020 apparently if you hit the 'notify me when stock becomes available' button :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

All this about plans is off topic but Vodafone PAYG 20 euro for free calls to vodafone or any network texts and free internet.

Disaster! Have a Pre original and would love an upgrade. Oh well! Surely go on sale on other sites.

Disaster! Have a Pre original and would love an upgrade. Oh well! Surely go on sale on other sites.

What do you think of it?

Liam O wrote: »
    PAYG if you top up buy 20 a month getting 15GB data, free texts, free weekend calls, free 3 to 3 calls and after all that there's apps that give you free texts. A bill is going to be 50 a month guaranteed. If you constantly use your phone for business or something yeah it works out better sometimes but with Facebook and other things it's only when I'm out or in work I need it and PAYG more than suffices and is much cheaper. Sure half the people in the thread aren't going to get the phone anyway...

Wow, well spotted on the 3's pay as you go offer! But really, how obtuse does one have to be not to see that if they can offer that without contract, they sure as hell can offer better with a contract...?

What do you think of it?
    Good phone with loads of potential, bit sluggish at times but the Pre3 has a better processor and RAM so would run a lot smoother. Hopefully get the chance to pick one up on the cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Check adverts.ie, I'd say a lot of people bought it for the hell of it and will find they don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I might sell it to you if I can't get used to it. For the same price. But have to wait until Tuesday.

padyjoe wrote: »
    I might sell it to you if I can't get used to it. For the same price. But have to wait until Tuesday.
    Thanks bud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

Hi
    Anyone know if the Pre 3's from Elara are 8 or 16gb, can't see it in their specs.
    Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

it's 8GB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

Thanks lalipule. Shame but can't complain for €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Managed to pick up one of these in the end, has anyone's order status changed from "verified payment received online" yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Managed to pick up one of these in the end, has anyone's order status changed from "verified payment received online" yet?
    Nope, ordered at 2:30 and still says it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

I have the same, ordered 14:36

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

cork45 wrote: »
    Check adverts.ie, I'd say a lot of people bought it for the hell of it and will find they don't want it.

There are alredy people offering 120+postage costs for that (but seller is actually asking for swap with touch pad).

I wonder if there is any chance to use android or windows on that HP stuff. If not, there will be lot of disappointed users in next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

What do you think of it?
    Good phone with loads of potential, bit sluggish at times but the Pre3 has a better processor and RAM so would run a lot smoother. Hopefully get the chance to pick one up on the cheap.
    Phonesonline.ie http://phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=1024 are showing stock but have yet to reduce their price. Also @ 10am Fri there should be some stock through http://eurostore.palm.com/epages/Store.sf/secbXRPNA2_Qdk/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PalmStore/Products/HP-FB437AA-ABU. When phones online drop prices would be a much better bet then the palm store, they are local n not hugely well known

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If these go on sale in England for £50 with free delivery we are gonna feel a bit foolish arent we? Maybe thats why Elara put them on sale first, because they knew they wouldnt sell at the higher price ?

zom wrote: »
    I wonder if there is any chance to use android or windows on that HP stuff. If not, there will be lot of disappointed users in next few months.

Why is this? Will you not be able to use the software on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Tusky wrote: »
    If these go on sale in England for £50 with free delivery we are gonna feel a bit foolish arent we? Maybe thats why Elara put them on sale first, because they knew they wouldnt sell at the higher price ?

Yeah but since ive been huntin for a touchpad i dont think ive found any english sites willing to post to ireland bar amazon maybe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Tusky wrote: »

thats what im thinking as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement