Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre3 99 euro shipped - elara.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

Tusky wrote: »
    If these go on sale in England for £50 with free delivery we are gonna feel a bit foolish arent we? Maybe thats why Elara put them on sale first, because they knew they wouldnt sell at the higher price ?

£50 is just below €60, and remember to add at least another tenner for delivery...

i prefer to have it for 99 than most likely not have it for €70, half of those people that missed touchpad sales will want 'at least' pre3 ;)
    thats what im thinking as well

it is still a real bargain for 99
    http://www.fonehome.co.uk/2011/08/23/hp-pre-3-10-reasons-you-should-still-buy-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Can there really be much more left?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

padocon wrote: »
    Can there really be much more left?
    Well.. there's none left now.

Basq wrote: »
    Well.. there's none left now.

There actually could be but not on sale yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just did a bitta Googling for thoughts on the Pre3. All were very positive, which is almost a pity WebOS has gone under. But then again, there'd be no €99 Pre3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dman001 wrote: »
    All were very positive, which is almost a pity WebOS has gone under. But then again, there'd be no €99 Pre3 :D

Web OS is still going to be supported and so are the pre and tab, It's not like it's going to disappear, all HP done wrong was forget about the guy without only €99 to spend when they went after the tab and mobile market, think they see their boo boo now:)
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tablets/3299311/hp-will-continue-to-support-webos/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

Web OS is still going to be supported and so are the pre and tab, It's not like it's going to disappear, all HP done wrong was forget about the guy without only €99 to spend when they went after the tab and mobile market, think they see their boo boo now:)
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tablets/3299311/hp-will-continue-to-support-webos/

Good news for my pre 3 :)

I think the whole thing is a bit funny, they seem to be saying one thing and then coming out with a different thing later. But whatever way you look at it, it hasn't given Developers much hope for the future of the WebOS. But on the other hand, there are now Millions of new Touchpad and Pre3 owners the Dev community can now cater for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

got one - to go with my iPhone4 and Galaxy S2....

Why did I do it??????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

padocon wrote: »
    There actually could be but not on sale yet.
    It's possible.. but they've already sold off two batches.

If Kin over on the Elara forum informs us otherwise, I'll be the first to let ye know here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Anyone have any expiriance with elara? At the min my order is sitting with verified online payment. Does this mean that I am guaranteed a phone? Wondering cause there was talk of stock levels nOt dropping as people were ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If Kin over on the Elara forum informs us otherwise, I'll be the first to let ye know here.
    yeah but there seems to be a good chance they oversold them these times only putting up 5 as being available and selling probably 30+

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Liam O wrote: »

yeah but there seems to be a good chance they oversold them these times only putting up 5 as being available and selling probably 30+

It also seems that the product code is now linking to nothing. After the first sell out the product page was still active

swampy353 wrote: »
    Anyone have any expiriance with elara? At the min my order is sitting with verified online payment. Does this mean that I am guaranteed a phone? Wondering cause there was talk of stock levels nOt dropping as people were ordering

No it does not mean you are have to get a phone. It says it at the bottom of the emails whether a contract has been started or not.
    Liam O wrote: »

I think that is more of a marketing tool, to make you order sooner, sometimes its right but more than lightly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Where is this Elara forum you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

So is it possible to put android on this?

WebOS looks fancy but the lack of apps sort of limit the phone a lot. Android on it would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Stevo2007 wrote: »

WebOS looks fancy but the lack of apps sort of limit the phone a lot. Android on it would be lovely.
    A linux port as far as I know is in advanced stages and that is what would be be lovely, firefox on a tablet would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Stevo2007 wrote: »

Apps will come (slowly, but they will come)

There's little or no regular things you can't do on WebOS that you can on Android. It'll keep you busy till more apps launch.

I think with how well these things have sold over the last week and HP's apparent continued support of the software, developers will be hanging around a little longer. Plus, most of these developers are multi-functional.

Many app developers work on projects for several platforms.

(Heres hoping anyway!)

I've been to 11 stores over the last 3 days and searched the internet and I just cant get any luck getting one. :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It's looking more and more like elara don't have stock. If that is the case then these are preorders and should have been labelled as such. Has anyone raised the issue on their forum?

• Advertisement

It has all the "essential" Apps like Facebook, Angry Birds, Grooveshark and TuneIn. The Pre3 also supports Flash through the Browser so may decrease the need for some Apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

It's looking more and more like elara don't have stock. If that is the case then these are preorders and should have been labelled as such. Has anyone raised the issue on their forum?

where are you gettin the info from? dont see this mentioned on the elara forum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

j4vier wrote: »

where are you gettin the info from? dont see this mentioned on the elara forum

I was one of first to order over 24 hours ago but the order status hasn't changed. I reckon they haven't got stock in yet but put them on sale early so they could charge a few quid more.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I was talking to Kin on live chat and this is what was said:

Hi Kin, I ordered a Palm Pre 3 yesterday and was just wondering will they be shipped today?
    Kin Mak says:
    Not till mid next week at the earliest. We are still waiting on stock which has been delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was one of first to order over 24 hours ago but the order status hasn't changed. I reckon they haven't got stock in yet but put them on sale early so they could charge a few quid more.

During the order process it explicitly stated to expect them between the 31st Aug and 1st Sept, so I wouldn't expect any change in the order until they are shipped next week.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Why are people goiog mad for these webOS yokes when there's going to be no apps or support in future?

You can get a decent droid phone for 99e these days if you look around.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Why are people goiog mad for these webOS yokes when there's going to be no apps or support in future?

You can get a decent droid phone for 99e these days if you look around.
    You really can't get a decent Android phone for €99. This is a great spec phone, with 1.4Ghz Chip, 8GB Memory, 512Mb RAM, and 3.6" capacitive Gorilla-glassed touch screen. It's one of the fastest phones on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Dman001 wrote: »
    You really can't get a decent Android phone for €99. This is a great spec phone, with 1.4Ghz Chip, 8GB Memory, 512Mb RAM, and 3.6" capacitive Gorilla-glassed touch screen. It's one of the fastest phones on the market.

With (arguably) the wrong OS. But a great spec certainly.

BostonB wrote: »
    With (arguably) the wrong OS.
    I've had a Pre the last year, and can honestly say it's a terrific OS. It's Multitasking has yet to be bet 3 years on, and was a great alternative to iOS and Android. Unfortunately the Pre suffered from bad Hardware, but if the Hands-On reviews from various Blogs are to be believed, HP has changed this with the Pre3.

I'll admit, it would be great if someone managed to port Android onto the device, but WebOS is still a terrific OS. And no one can complain about the OS at the €99 price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

BostonB wrote: »
    With (arguably) the wrong OS.

If WebOS is wrong, I don't want to be right

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement