Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre3 99 euro shipped - elara.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Will it be updated, fixed, loads of apps. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

BostonB wrote: »
    Will it be updated, fixed, loads of apps. etc.
    WebOS will still be supported and updated according to HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

coach22 wrote: »
    I was talking to Kin on live chat and this is what was said:

Hi Kin, I ordered a Palm Pre 3 yesterday and was just wondering will they be shipped today?
    Kin Mak says:
    Not till mid next week at the earliest. We are still waiting on stock which has been delayed.

So they are preorders and should have flagged as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Tusky wrote: »
    I don't think so. They had secured the stock, but are just waiting for it to be delivered. With the huge demand for both Touchpad and the Pre3, there was bound to be some delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Dman001 wrote: »
    You really can't get a decent Android phone for €99. This is a great spec phone, with 1.4Ghz Chip, 8GB Memory, 512Mb RAM, and 3.6" capacitive Gorilla-glassed touch screen. It's one of the fastest phones on the market.

And a slide out qwerty keyboard. An android port will come eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Does the Pre3 have an FM radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

dvpower wrote: »
    Unfortunately not

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hadit2here

I listen to IP radio on the pre2 and never go above my data allowance.
    for both phones and touchpad, I'd recommend strongly to get the touchstone chargers, they are class.

I use webOS for years , and I think it is class. Cat see why anyone would consider going to Android, that would be a step backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

hadit2here wrote: »
    I'd recommend strongly to get the touchstone chargers, they are class.

any idea where to get one? seems that no one have them in stock

all i can find is touchstone compatible covers for the older model

edit: according to hp website it will work with older touchstone adapter (in fact they are all the same, but they may require more than 1A power adapter to charge new phones)

on http://eurostore.palm.com/epages/Store.sf/secr3KxU3qkAco/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PalmStore/Products/HP-FB338AA-AC3&CategoryID=73691610&Category=Pre%203 you can see that pre 3 touchstone has Model Number: FB338AA#AC3

and if you go to another hp website http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/FB338AA%2523AC3/1 you can find touchstone for "Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pixi, Palm Pre, Pre, HP Veer" with the same HP part number: FB338AA#AC3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

dvpower wrote: »

Just to add that there is the name of an app that allows you to listen to the radio, its on the hp website.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »

I wouldn't mind if it means I still get one. :P

padocon wrote: »
    Just to add that there is the name of an app that allows you to listen to the radio, its on the hp website.
    TuneIn is probably the best Internet Radio App for the Pre, and it's free too! You can get all the Irish and UK Stations, and some good US ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

TuneIn, its free. Have it on my Pre2 and use it all the time.

TuneIn, its free. Have it on my Pre2 and use it all the time.

Yeah, thats the one. Thanks

http://www.fnac.com/HP-Pre3/a3690218/w-4

A user just posted this in the touchpad form. Fnac have them for 199euro.

Not as sweet as €99, but still a good price. It appears that Fnac are using Expansys to sell it, similar to Amazon's Third Party sellers. Expansys.ie still don't have stock, but sounds like they will eventually going by this:

http://www.expansys.ie/hp-pre-3-black-8gb-209150/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Thanks Dman001, I'm in Sweden as was able to place a pre-order with expansys.se for the pre 3 have to wait and see what the price will be, if it's around €99 and assuming they get stock I'll take it but if it's €199 like FNAC I'll pass.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

From HP Euro Store - looks like they are NOT reducing the price of the Pre 3 after all.

STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Sun 28th 11pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August

We have a limited stock of Pre3 which is being offered to those customers on the following basis
    - In strict rotation of date/time of order being received - the priority list
    - Only one Pre3 per customer
    - Standard Published Price ( No Price Reduction / Special Price was issued by HP )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

neonman wrote: »
    From HP Euro Store - looks like they are NOT reducing the price of the Pre 3 after all.

OUT OF STOCK!

Update Sun 28th 11pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August

We have a limited stock of Pre3 which is being offered to those customers on the following basis
    - Standard Published Price ( No Price Reduction / Special Price was issued by HP )
    So where does this stand with us people who placed an order @ 99€?

Since the stock hasn't actually arrived can they just cancel our orders? They can't just say it was a misprice, because it wasn't, they knew they where selling it at 99euro :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Beagan0

OUT OF STOCK!

Update Sun 28th 11pm :

Yeah im begining to get worried now, will we still get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Beagan0 wrote: »

OUT OF STOCK!

Update Sun 28th 11pm :

Yeah im begining to get worried now, will we still get them?
    Spoke to elara today and they said that thy do have enough stock to cover all orders. AFAIK because it's a bank hol in the uk the phones will leave tomorrow and arrive tomorrow

swampy353 wrote: »
    Spoke to elara today and they said that thy do have enough stock to cover all orders. AFAIK because it's a bank hol in the uk the phones will leave tomorrow and arrive tomorrow
    Elara hope they'll get them in tomorrow, so they should be sent out to customers tomorrow. But, if they are sent out tomorrow, I wouldn't expect it til Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

If this comes true does anyone think the Pre 3 is worth a straight swap for a Touchpad or would it be worth more seeing how there are fewer available?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tried to order off FNAC but no joy - invalid address....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

bromley52 wrote: »
    If this comes true does anyone think the Pre 3 is worth a straight swap for a Touchpad or would it be worth more seeing how there are fewer available?

Judging from the ebay sales i would almost expect a bit of cash alongside a touchpad. Current ebay pre 3 prices in UK/Irl range from €150-400 while touchpads have BuyItNow prices at €260.

I think the touch pads are more so in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think the touch pads are more so in demand.
    Pre3's appear to be selling for more on Ebay though..

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

If you have a Pre3 and another has a 16GB Pad and you both desperately want the other then O.K. if you're both happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    If you have a Pre3 and another has a 16GB Pad and you both desperately want the other then O.K. if you're both happy.
    Pre 3s selling for around 400 on ebay touchpads around 200-250. Theres hundreds of touchpads on ebay and less than 20 pre 3s. pre 3s def worth more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

clank182 wrote: »
    Pre 3s selling for around 400 on ebay touchpads around 200-250. Theres hundreds of touchpads on ebay and less than 20 pre 3s. pre 3s def worth more :)
    Yep, average selling price for a 8GB Unlocked HP Pre 3: €402.30.

Can't work out average for 16GB Touchpad but from a quick glance - not much more than €300.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement