Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looked like Schumacher might have passed under yellow at start, maybe a damaged car though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Looked like Schumacher might have passed under yellow at start, maybe a damaged car though

senna in les combes ?

he had no front wing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

adox wrote: »
    Thought KoBayashi could have and should have backed out of that being at least half a car length behind.

Why, You can pass round the outside on that corner.
    mike65 wrote: »
    As an old timer I miss the old Spa-Francorchamps. Far too easy these days esp with DRS after Eau Rouge

DRS ruined the best place for cars fighting under breaks in F1 Its a joke, without DRS cars could at least deffend from an overtake now their just sitting ducks.

Vettel was driver of the day. He struggles on the tyres and pitted early and did some overtaking which apparently he cant do, :rolleyes: made the right call after the the SC.
    Enjoyed watching Schumacher. Was hoping for some rain just for the poll comp!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Grim. wrote: »
    senna in les combes ?

he had no front wing

No, near pit exit after first corner crashes, would need to see it again though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

havent seen any race yet just got in but know before I start this recording its going to be an epic

god I love love love Spa

what a great great circuit............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's unofficially allowed for the first corner or two at least of the race. Remember a corner goes yellow every time a car goes off track, no chance of enforcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

mike65 wrote: »
    As an old timer I miss the old Spa-Francorchamps. Far too easy these days esp with DRS after Eau Rouge

I kind of agree but for me Spa is by far the highlight of the season. I love it. I simply adore every inch of tarmac there. I go every second season. Hopefully It will be on the calendar next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

amacachi wrote: »
    On the onboard he looks very limp altogether and even by the interview he sounded groggy. I'm talkin more about a TKO than straight KO :P

I think he had the wind knocked out of him, if you see the replays, after he his the tires at the end of the crash his head pops back up, if he was out he wouldnt have done that.

from lewis's twitter account
    Lewis Hamilton
    After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.
    Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me. Best wishes, Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

^^^^^

Ad this to yesterdays nonsense which IMO he had more than a small part in and it seems his head is costing him big time.
    I think he has to get daddy back in his team. He always has been an arrogant tool but I figure he has now surrounded himself with yes men and his head just not right.

Great drive from schumacher though.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Ad this to yesterdays nonsense which IMO he had more than a small part in and it seems his head is costing him big time.
    I think he has to get daddy back in his team. He always has been an arrogant tool but I figure he has now surrounded himself with yes men and his head just not right.

Great drive from schumacher though.

I always thought Hamilton was a bit of a tool too tbh

but amazingly just when he does admit 100% fault I actually don't think he was completely at fault for what happened

he didnt jerk suddenly over to the left and impact with kobayashi he was just drifting over to the racing line....I would tend to agree with Whitmarsh.....kobayashi could have seen he was driving into a wedge and backed out of it (although hamilton could have shown some awareness and checked his mirrors)

50:50?

Completely Hamilton's fault. Not a glance in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

agreed, they were racing for position... you're not allowed to force another driver off the track... lauda said it best... he should have kept it straight and just turned in.. there was no need for him to sweep to the outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Grim. wrote: »
    from lewis's twitter account
    He's eating humble pie after his outburst earlier in the season. I'm not sure what to make of "celeb" twitter accounts, I imagine half of them have PR's writing on their behalf and promoting them to the public although as Dougal McGuire says "I'd be fairly cynical"

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    agreed, they were racing for position... you're not allowed to force another driver off the track... lauda said it best... he should have kept it straight and just turned in.. there was no need for him to sweep to the outside!

ah your probably correct...............but I could see myself making the same mistake v.easily tbh, probably why I have some sympathy for him on this one

I love swinging out before clipping (or attempting to) an apex on the rare occasion I get to drive something around a racetrack

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

easily made or not, it's still a mistake... and they do happen in racing!

good to see him holding up his hand though... and good to see him walk away from it! it was a big impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Only finished watching it and as usual Spa doesn't fail to entertain. Great race,especially delighted to see Schumacher flying.:)

Great drives by Button and Vettel too and despite DRS making overtaking too easy it was good to see some good action around the track with no need for rain to spice it up.

Championship is a foregone conclusion now so hopefully the remaining races prove entertaining to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I stuck the onboard video of Schumachers opening lap in the video thread its really impressive stuff from the old master. He hasnt lost one bit of bottle! Well worth a watch.

Where abouts, I cant find it?

Thought the same when they showed it on the BBC, unreal the way he picked his way through traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I have no idea where it went or where I posted it! Here it is in anycase:pac:

Jesus he was brave before the bus stop, cracking stuff, he might not be as dominant as the old days but he is still great to watch.

• Advertisement

What was the story with schumachers race engineer. He had a new one for this race and for next season. Schumacher could be around for along time yet. Mercedes will build a winning car I feel.

great to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Thats stunning stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

That is stunning stuff but the Force India overtake is illegal surely? He didnt seem to give the place back

Can't tell from that angle, depends how far ahead he'd gotten.

Can't tell from that angle, depends how far ahead he'd gotten.

Ya, it appears he was well clear and didnt need to miss the corner to make the overtake stick but I still think its marginal and perhaps would have been an idea to let him back through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

That was great stuff. He made it look so easy like it was a computer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Off-throttle blown diffusers. When they lift off there's still some fuel sent through the exhaust system and gives more downforce. The Renault sounded disgusting in practice.

This'll really disgust you,they sound woeful in this video from Spa.

Ew. Should be banned purely for the sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FUNKYTOWWWN

Was great to see schumacher driving really well! I'm such a Vettel fan tho, i love to see him win but at the same time, there needs to be a bitta competition to keep it interesting! Spa was brilliant last weekend, i couldnt keep my eyes off the tv, they were overtaking like crazyyyy!

Advertisement