Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Track curves to the right where they touched. No excuse from Maldonado there buddy, You just can't steer towards him.

Hamilton turns in from the edge of track more than the curve dictates. Watch it again, when Maldonado gets alongside Hamilton does a dummy-weave towards him, Maldonado doesn't back down and they both did a weave towards each other. If anyone's more to blame it's Hamilton.

Tockman wrote: »
    ya it looked like lewis drove towards maldo aswell. Going to interesting outcome. Aslo button must be mad. They told him to come into pits!

After they told him to get out of Button's way. Like I said, one wonders if the BBC and McLaren were arguing about who gave the smallest **** about him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

amacachi wrote: »
    No-one talking about the brake-check then the dummy by Hamilton and the fact that the both steered towards each other for the final impact?

Looked like he had backed off. Would have to see telemetry if brakes applied. Hamiltons slight move looked like he didn't know Maldonado there but maybe not. He didn't run into him though like Maldonado did

Button might have case against team, focusing more on Hamilton and pulling him in out of Hamiltons way.

Great from Senna considering lack of time in car this year

Vettel well ahead in the end but good to have a McLaren on front row

Looked like he had backed off. Would have to see telemetry if brakes applied. Hamiltons slight move looked like he didn't know Maldonado there but maybe not. He didn't run into him though like Maldonado did

May not have stood on the brakes but he did seem to get going and then completely lift off at the least. It's a 50/50 at worst.

Even if they're going to lay it all on Maldonado they should give him a time penalty tomorrow that will have no effect on his finishing position, seems to be how incidents between those two are generally handled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Those Slick tyres certainly do the job - 12-13 seconds improvement per lap is huge. Rosberg in 5th, Schumacher could have been up there had he kept all his wheels. This 3-phase qualifying certainly makes for good TV ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I'd love to see Hamilton in Button's position now. Button really earning his money in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Hamilton/Maldonado looked pretty much 50/50 to me.

Really impressed by Senna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

To me Hamilton was moving to the right not seeing Pastor
    Then he turned sharply left and pastor ran straight through him

Minimum back of the grid for Pastor imho and a possible 2/3 race ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Perhaps I'm biased as I can't stand Hamilton, but that looked 50/50 to me as well. Of course the BBC have to give it the pro Hamilton spin making Maldonado the villain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton on the Maldonado incident: "I'll have to look at it. The Williams was just sitting there, it was very slow. I had to try and get past, which I did. I saw Maldonado approaching quite quickly - he happened to swipe across me. My front wing was quite damaged. I'll sit here and wait for the stewards to call me up rather than going back to McLaren. Once the flag was out and the red light was on there is no need to be racing. There should never be an incident but unfortunately there was."

Sparks43 wrote: »
    To me Hamilton was moving to the right not seeing Pastor
    Then he turned sharply left and pastor ran straight through him

Minimum back of the grid for Pastor imho and a possible 2/3 race ban

Hamilton turned right into him as well.

IF all the blame is put on Maldonado I don't see how a slow-speed crash should be treated more harshly than what Hamilton did to him in Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Both were in the wrong, Maldonado probably a small bit more so but if both drivers aren't punished it will be a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Maldonado has quite a history behind him in GP 2 for acting the buffon. If hes not careful he will kill some one. Hes already broken a marshals back by not slowing down at an accident at Monaco despite all the yellow flags at a GP 2 race.

I take it back - watched it again. What was Hamilton doing?

Has he done anything else wrong this seasn? Anyway, I would've thought a crash at racing speed with inter-locking wheels would be more dangerous than what happened today but it was just a 20 second penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

There is a usual trend showing in this incident though.

Whenever Hamilton thinks he might get in trouble from the stewards, he is right onto his radio to the team pleading his case, and he did that today.

To me its 50/50, both moved towards each other, and if you look at a replay, its Lewis who makes the move before they hit, both should be punished.

I think Hamilton hitting Mandonaldo in monaco under racing conditions and on a hot lap is totally different to what Maldonado did. One is racing trying to get a position or time, the other is needless, unsporting, driving your car into another to damage it in a premeditated fashion.

I think Hamilton hitting Mandonaldo in monaco under racing conditions and on a hot lap is totally different to what Maldonado did. One is racing trying to get a position or time, the other is needless, unsporting, driving your car into another to damage it in a premeditated fashion.

Good thing that it was at least 50/50 then isn't it? :pac:

As far as I'm concerned what Hamilton did in Monaco was as bad as something intentional, or else it was ridiculously reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

David Croft
    5 place penalty for Pastor, Lewis gets a reprimand. The decision has been made folks

how many reprimands has lewis got for his driving this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

According to Lee McKenzie, via Twitter:
    Understand it is a 5 place grid pen for Maldonado and a reprimand for Hamilton

edit - heh, someone got there first.

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    how many reprimands has lewis got for his driving this season?

I only have 10 fingers and 10 toes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have to laugh at some of the reply's to those tweets saying maldonado should be banned and that lewis did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I'm not schumachers greatest fan, but loosing his wheel on the first lap in his anniversery was a bit harsh.
    Senna did a good job. I hope he'll get a good result out of it. Wonder were he would have been if it was completly dry. But it's the same weather for everyone.
    Hamilton-Maldonado i'd like to see that incident from above, to me i looked like Hamilton steered towards maldonado. The stewards have decided anyway.
    Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why was alonso so bad?

I'm totally out of the loop now in NZ, races are gonna be on monday morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

why was alonso so bad?

I'm totally out of the loop now in NZ, races are gonna be on monday morning :(

I think it was just bad timing from Ferrari. Everyone's times were improving lap after lap as the track got rubbered in. He dropped down a bit at the end when the cars that got an extra lap in finished.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Maybe I'm just imagining things but did anyone notice a different exhaust note on some of the cars almost like a back fire type sound, something to do with the temperature / humidity? Or all in my head? :D

Off-throttle blown diffusers. When they lift off there's still some fuel sent through the exhaust system and gives more downforce. The Renault sounded disgusting in practice.

glad he got punished, lucky to be racing tomorrow I think

I want to see from before that, that starts too late to show him turning right the second time.

• Advertisement

Hamilton does jink a bit

Advertisement