Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Cups 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

Moore_sean wrote: »
    Very true. Although Gonzaga did play Roscrea away in the league and lost by 2 or 1. People said Gonzaga werent much of a team after their loss to Nure. I think the lower half of the draw has much weaker teams. Its safe to say that the Nure CWC match will be the final realistically.

I dont know where people are getting tis idea that terenure are decent?There not and will get pummeled by clongowes.Michaels will give clongowes a very gd match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Moore_sean

gfitz95 wrote: »
    I dont know where people are getting tis idea that terenure are decent?There not and will get pummeled by clongowes.Michaels will give clongowes a very gd match.

I think its an insult to say Nure arent decent. They're more than decent. They have some excellant players and i think a lot of them would have played seniors last year or else have made the panel but its a policy that you cant play senior rugby until you're in 5th year and as a result they are inexperienced at this level. Although having won 2 Junior cups (most of them). Next year i would be stunned if they were not to win the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Pres were as someone put it way out of their depth in this one. Rory Kavanagh(Michaels 13) is far too selfish though, he threw away at least 2 good chances by refusing to pass. Weak link in the backs imo.

Overall was a decent performance by Michaels, probably should've scored more. Still can't see them getting past Clongowes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bigbellyman

Vintage Michaels. Enough said.
    What do you mean "vintage" Michaels. Michaels have won one cup and in the last couple of years played Clongowes in a semi and a final and were not at the races!!! What vintage?

What do you mean "vintage" Michaels. Michaels have won one cup and in the last couple of years played Clongowes in a semi and a final and were not at the races!!! What vintage?

I was referring to their greediness. Their ill-disciplined backline could prove to cost them the game agaist CWC, if they manage to get the ball through their backs. CWC will prove an almighty force to be reckoned with up front. And what happened to Kian Kellaher? He played last year but is not to be seen this year? Dory with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

I was referring to their greediness. Their ill-disciplined backline could prove to cost them the game agaist CWC, if they manage to get the ball through their backs. CWC will prove an almighty force to be reckoned with up front. And what happened to Kian Kellaher? He played last year but is not to be seen this year? Dory with that?

Cian Kelleher is injured with a hamstring injury, has been out for months, doubtful he'll be able to play this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bigbellyman

Apologies - thought you were singinging their praises - based on a display against a very weak but courageous team

Cian Kelleher is injured with a hamstring injury, has been out for months, doubtful he'll be able to play this season.

Ah shame. He bossed the proceedings. Next year though. He's such a hunk too. Lolzz

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I think its an insult to say Nure arent decent. They're more than decent. They have some excellant players and i think a lot of them would have played seniors last year or else have made the panel but its a policy that you cant play senior rugby until you're in 5th year and as a result they are inexperienced at this level. Although having won 2 Junior cups (most of them). Next year i would be stunned if they were not to win the cup.

6 of this years nure team played last year while in 4th year

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    Obviously Bray were very poor, but I was impressed with Michael's. Neither semi is a foregone conclusion by any means (especially Terenure -Clongowes) but it will likely be a Michael's Clongowes final. They're not as disciplined as Clongowes and they make more errors, but I do think they can beat them if they get things right. They have strike runners all over the park and Byrne and Holland (who is a super player) control things nicely. Byrne is a brilliant kicker, also. O'Loughlin is still to come back into the fold and he's reputed to be one of the best backs in the competition. Clongowes' front row is a a good bit superior but I can't see them dominating Michael's in the scrum or elsewhere in the manner they've done with other teams.

Clongowes will boss Nure and Michaels at set piece. And it's one of the main reasons they'll win the cup.

• Advertisement

fox_1973 wrote: »
    6 of this years nure team played last year while in 4th year

Are you certain? I've heard they have a no 4th year policy. If im wrong my bad.. Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Are you certain? I've heard they have a no 4th year policy. If im wrong my bad.. Oops

yeah im positive, although i should of said played or are on the panel, sure Tim Schmidt is only in 4th year this year, maybe you were thinking of the no 4th years on the junior side, even if they are eligible by age

fox_1973 wrote: »
    yeah im positive, although i should of said played or are on the panel, sure Tim Schmidt is only in 4th year this year, maybe you were thinking of the no 4th years on the junior side, even if they are eligible by age

Nah it was some goober who told me anyway. I take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

gfitz95 wrote: »

7 Leinster interpro's and two defeats all season (to the two teams they have beaten in the cup so far) would say otherwise..

Quint2010 wrote: »
    7 Leinster interpro's and two defeats all season (to the two teams they have beaten in the cup so far) would say otherwise..

Surprisingly Colin Jones isn't one of those players even though he is their best back liner. The angles and the dynamism at which he runs is flawless. A true athlete. And the cat like reflex's as displayed wen he dove on that blockdown against Gonzaga. I see big things for him in the future. Potential Irleand u20's started i think.

Surprisingly Colin Jones isn't one of those players even though he is their best back liner. The angles and the dynamism at which he runs is flawless. A true athlete. And the cat like reflex's as displayed wen he dove on that blockdown against Gonzaga. I see big things for him in the future. Potential Irleand u20's started i think.

Hear hear Colin...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Can't see what you're seeing tbh. I've heard more about Kavanagh and Robb than Jones. Didn't look like a cut above the other players in the Zaga match.

Hagz wrote: »
    Can't see what you're seeing tbh. I've heard more about Kavanagh and Robb than Jones. Didn't look like a cut above the other players in the Zaga match.

Did you not see his dynamism and the injection of pace he got once he got the ball? I could swear he was one of the fastest players on the pitch(excluding Dardis) His step off both feet is impeccable and the physicality he brings to the game is a tier above the rest. I see him being a Roberts type centre in a few years. He practically is the equivalent now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Did you not see his dynamism and the injection of pace he got once he got the ball? I could swear he was one of the fastest players on the pitch(excluding Dardis) His step off both feet is impeccable and the physicality he brings to the game is a tier above the rest. I see him being a Roberts type centre in a few years. He practically is the equivalent now.

Well, perhaps but I suspect he'll have a lot of work to do to reach your expectations. As you're aware he is not in the Leinster set-up and in terms of the u20s, well, Farrell owns that 12 jersey it would seem, and based on recent performances rightfully so.

Still think you are getting him mixed up with Brewer..

• Advertisement

Still think you are getting him mixed up with Brewer..

To say im getting him mixed up with Brewer is quite insulting. On behalf of myself and Jones. I personally think jones is better than brewer. Brewer seems quite egotistical with his tattoos.. he's 16. I thought it was illegal to get tattooed below the age of 18! I think he will rue the day he got inked up. And jones brings more to the table in my opinion. A true specimen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 howiye89

The outhalf for pres today was in bad shape. He looked more a prop than outhalf ? Anyone else notice this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

howiye89 wrote: »
    The outhalf for pres today was in bad shape. He looked more a prop than outhalf ? Anyone else notice this ?

yep he looked like a bit of a puddin!! Plus the pres tight head was a midget! There 7 was a nice player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xplosive

Pres tight head weighed about 10 or 11 stone id say.....tiny......but scrummed incredibly well against a big michaels pack, showed serious technique as well as guts to contain michaels loose head

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

Any word on McFarland and Fromm and whether they will make sunday?

Fromm was on sideline on sat sporting a few stitches but think there confident he'll be back, no sign of mcfarland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bigmalbod

Hagz wrote: »
    Well, perhaps but I suspect he'll have a lot of work to do to reach your expectations. As you're aware he is not in the Leinster set-up and in terms of the u20s, well, Farrell owns that 12 jersey it would seem, and based on recent performances rightfully so.

You must not be looking at him enough. His placement in the line is impeccable, comes onto the ball at the precise moment every time at lovely angles, don't think hes dropped a ball yet either. Seems like a player to rely on, no messing around from him

bigmalbod wrote: »
    You must not be looking at him enough. His placement in the line is impeccable, comes onto the ball at the precise moment every time at lovely angles, don't think hes dropped a ball yet either. Seems like a player to rely on, no messing around from him

He dropped a ball when clean thru under the Gonzaga posts about five minutes after he scores his try...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PLACE77

xplosive wrote: »
    "Pres tight head weighed about 10 or 11 stone id say.....tiny......but scrummed incredibly well against a big michaels pack, showed serious technique as well as guts to contain michaels loose head"

Yeah he's only a 4th year, lost about 4stoneish over the summer. Michaels play in the loose was superb minus the greediness, with players cutting inside with 2-3 men overlaps outside them, and allowed them to win the game handily but there were left a bit wanting in the set pieces. Line-out was decent but the scrum was nothing to right home about.

If they make the final and meet Clongowes they'd need the scrum to perform a lot better or else those twins will destroy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bigmalbod

He dropped a ball when clean thru under the Gonzaga posts about five minutes after he scores his try...

Apologies Quint2010, you seem to have a suspicious amount of knowledge about Terenure are you affiliated with the school in some shape or form?

• Advertisement

bigmalbod wrote: »
    Apologies Quint2010, you seem to have a suspicious amount of knowledge about Terenure are you affiliated with the school in some shape or form?

Not particularly-I went to school there and have been following this particular group since they were U14's or so. I don't think there is anything "suspicious" about that?..:rolleyes:

Advertisement