Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Cups 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bigmalbod

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Not particularly-I went to school there and have been following this particular group since they were U14's or so. I don't think there is anything "suspicious" about that?..:rolleyes:

I suppose there isn't, some people can't help themselves loving the nure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Moore_sean wrote: »
    To say im getting him mixed up with Brewer is quite insulting. On behalf of myself and Jones. I personally think jones is better than brewer. Brewer seems quite egotistical with his tattoos.. he's 16. I thought it was illegal to get tattooed below the age of 18! I think he will rue the day he got inked up. And jones brings more to the table in my opinion. A true specimen.

That tattoo of his looks like a Maori symbol. Given that that is his heritage its probably quite appropriate for him. How you can say that having a tattoo would affect his performance is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

How big is Jamie Lawless, the Michaels prop? He looks massive.
    Wattle wrote: »
    That tattoo of his looks like a Maori symbol. Given that that is his heritage its probably quite appropriate for him. How you can say that having a tattoo would affect his performance is beyond me.

He should go play for the Maoris so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

profitius wrote: »

He should go play for the Maoris so.

The Maoris aren't playing in the Leinster Schools Senior Cup :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Wattle wrote: »
    The Maoris aren't playing in the Leinster Schools Senior Cup :confused:

Since you're being a smartarse, where did I say they were?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Seriously, can we not just talk about rugby without everyone getting worked up! Wattle and profitus... calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

profitius wrote: »

He's in the 6'5''/6'6'' height range anyway. Not sure his exact weight but have heard 150kgs be thrown around. Not sure though, but he is massive. Will have some very tough competition in the scrum if Michaels and Clongowes meet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

He's in the 6'5''/6'6'' height range anyway. Not sure his exact weight but have heard 150kgs be thrown around. Not sure though, but he is massive. Will have some very tough competition in the scrum if Michaels and Clongowes meet though.

That weight definitely didn't make a difference against Roscrea in the scrum, so I can't see it being a weapon against Kilkenny who supposedly have a big pack.

Really think there's an upset on the cards coming.

its_phil wrote: »
    That weight definitely didn't make a difference against Roscrea in the scrum, so I can't see it being a weapon against Kilkenny who supposedly have a big pack.

Really think there's an upset on the cards coming.

Personally I don't think he's that good, not particularly athletic from what I've seen, just your average big schools player. I don't think Kilkenny will beat Michaels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

I recall jamie lawless being about 130kg last year. Well that i saw on his form at the leinster trials last year. Hes a hefty lad but the main thing that let him down was his weight around the pitch as he seemed gassed 20mins in and his scrummaging technique wasnt great back then tbh as i felt he thought that his weight would be enough for scrummaging whereas any loosehead with decent technique was able to push him off the ball.
    Well those were my observations of him at the trials last year and other than that instance havent seen much of him since im now out of school. Maybe he just had an off day, hope hes better this year as hes a big guy and if hes able to iron out those issues i observed he could be a decent player in future.
    Those are my 2 cents anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Moore_sean

bigmalbod wrote: »
    You must not be looking at him enough. His placement in the line is impeccable, comes onto the ball at the precise moment every time at lovely angles, don't think hes dropped a ball yet either. Seems like a player to rely on, no messing around from him

Here here bigmalbod. Could not agree with you more. I think his talents are subtle and people dont know about them because he's not flashy like 'Brewer' or what ever his name is. He makes the hard yards. Runs those line, passes like this and passes like that. I think he may have been coached up in Skerries RFC when he was younger. I hear they have a great coach John Murphy who has great insights to the game.

Anybody know what county the Byrne twins from Clongowes are from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Junior Cup QF's all on tomorrow. Any predictions?..

Clongowes Wood College SJ v Blackrock College
    Presentation College Bray v St Michael’s College
    Newbridge College v St. Mary’s College
    Gonzaga College SJ v Terenure College

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

The bookies really don't fancy Terenure's chances at all on Sunday. They are a longer price to win the cup now then they were before the cup started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rugbyfollower3

Personally I don't think he's that good, not particularly athletic from what I've seen, just your average big schools player. I don't think Kilkenny will beat Michaels though.

i think hes quite good, needs to be fitter tho

does anybody know anything about the michaels 22 that came on he was quite good, ,made a nice break

i think hes quite good, needs to be fitter tho

does anybody know anything about the michaels 22 that came on he was quite good, ,made a nice break

Was that the prop? If so it was Denis Coulson, he's a 5th year, good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 denurseeee

Anybody know what county the Byrne twins from Clongowes are from?

Carlow Men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rugbyfollower3

Was that the prop? If so it was Denis Coulson, he's a 5th year, good player.

no coulson was 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PLACE77

Yeah that 22 looked lively. Took a serious hit though which looked slightly american football like

no coulson was 17.

Mark O' Keefe perhaps? He came on in the centre. He's also a 5th year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Junior Cup QF's all on tomorrow. Any predictions?..

Clongowes Wood College SJ v Blackrock College
    Presentation College Bray v St Michael’s College
    Newbridge College v St. Mary’s College
    Gonzaga College SJ v Terenure College

Rock will beat Clongowes and it won't be close. I have no connections to either school but I've watched both teams. Rock are better. The one thing that could save Clongowes though is they looked like the sort of team that could win a match by playing well for only 5 minutes.

Also, congratulations to Newbridge on their Vinnie Murray cup victory. A shame I couldn't watch the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

i heard it was 10-5 to cwc

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

QF scores so far

Gonzaga 10 Terenure 20 FT
    Newbridge 14 Marys 12 FT
    Clongowes 10 Rock 5 latest
    Pres bray 0 St Michaels 0 latest

rock penalty, 10-8 to cwc

CWC win 10-8!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

fox_1973 wrote: »
    QF scores so far

Gonzaga 10 Terenure 20 FT
    Newbridge 14 Marys 12 FT
    Clongowes 10 Rock 5 latest
    Pres bray 0 St Michaels 0 latest
    Just popped by the match at 3 o'clock and it was 15-0 to Michaels with 30 minutes played.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Just popped by the match at 3 o'clock and it was 15-0 to Michaels with 30 minutes played.

i thought there was something wrong with the nil all score alright, maybe sports news just hadn't updated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I went to the Clongowes game and I was very surprised to see them win. They only had 2 chances but took them both, whereas Blackrock failed to take advantage of their territory. The key moment was just before halftime Rock had a lineout by their 22 off a penalty, they had just a few seconds to kill but lost the lineout and Clongowes scored a try (a nice little break around 15-20 metres out) to put them up 10-5. The game ended with a Blackrock penalty on the halfway line which fell short and to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dev5976

Leinster5 wrote: »
    MoneyMilo wrote: »
    O'Loughlin is still to come back into the fold and he's reputed to be one of the best backs in the competition.

What's wrong with O'Loughlin and is he going to be fit for the semi-final? He's a quality player.

• Advertisement

Final score 30 - 3 to Michaels in the Michaels-Pres junior cup match.

Advertisement