Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

mike65 wrote: »
    Dundalk are not scoring goals and actually drew with Galway a couple in the Spring.

wrong , dundalk have beeaten galway 4/4 this season , 3-2, 0--3, 4--1 and 6--1
    can only see 3 pts for us tonight ,
    if you do want to bet somethin on the game , Quigley Hat-trick (not sure what price)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

careca11 wrote: »
    if you do want to bet somethin on the game , Quigley Hat-trick (not sure what price)

7/1 for the Hat-rick on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

You are dead right careca was just going to clarify mike65s error too. Im thinking ye will beat us 3-0 minimum. We have 2players back but as you know we are just that bad, could see us nicking a goal which has screwed my handicap betting against us in the past but if Quigley, Byrne and Griffin have their shooting boots on it could be big, Hawkins would be worth a wager anytime in my opinion too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm Apologies all round, must have been looking at the wrong head to head! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

You are dead right careca was just going to clarify mike65s error too. Im thinking ye will beat us 3-0 minimum. We have 2players back but as you know we are just that bad, could see us nicking a goal which has screwed my handicap betting against us in the past but if Quigley, Byrne and Griffin have their shooting boots on it could be big, Hawkins would be worth a wager anytime in my opinion too.

no doubt tonights game is not a gimme for dundalk , no way , but as a fan I can see us win ,
    Quigley is in great form of late , can see him bag a goal or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thinking of this for tomorrow

Draw or aston villa
    Man city -1
    Stoke +1
    Chelsea
    United over 2.5

around 9/1

Might stick wolves +1 in which bumps it up to 15/1, What you all think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

I'd be a bit concerned with the Utd game, don't really see 3 goals in that game unless we concede. Welbeck injured so we'd be starting with a different line-up than our last games, still think we'll play with two strikers but it'd be a different game without welbeck and because we're away to Bolton.
    I'm calling Boltong 0-2 Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I presume Quigley starts every game so he is Evs anytime on Boyles and might throw him in my acc.

Looking at these 4 pays around 7/1

Greteur Furth 8/13
    Preston 4/7
    Quigley anytime Evs
    Ac Milan 8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I presume Quigley starts every game so he is Evs anytime on Boyles and might throw him in my acc.

Looking at these 4 pays around 7/1

Greteur Furth 8/13
    Preston 4/7
    Quigley anytime Evs
    Ac Milan 8/13
    Starts and takes pens and some frees if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

got a bit bored there and came up with this....the pic is of the last 3 seasons games that came after the first international break of the season,look at all the goals and all the teams that scored :)

goals.JPG

just a quick bump for this in case anyone missed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The more previewing i do of the Milan game it seems Lazio have a decent team this year. Might back both teams to score instead of AC Milan win at 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

Liking the look of this game from the Danish league.

Aalborg v FC Nordsjaelland @ 1.80 on PP.
    Aalborg have 3 wins from 3 at home so far this season, while FC Nordsjaelland have 3 losses from 3 away from home. Aalborg have also won this fixture on the last 3 occasions.

First post in here, lets hope it's a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

Arsenal -1 is evens on PP. Absolutely fantastic bet. Arsenal have had 2 weeks to calm down since the game against United. Yes, Swansea have kept two clean sheets in their last two games but have been incredibly lucky to do so. Look how open they were and how easy it was for City to carve them open in the first game of the season. It could easily have been 10.

All over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hernandez starts tomorrow for anyone looking at the United game, in replace of Wellbeck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

All Holland 1st division matches tonight going over 2,5 @21.56

And this:

1 Over 2.5 Greuther Furth v MSV Duisburg
    (Total Goals) 09/09/2011 None 1.85 To Run
    2 FC Eindhoven Apeldoorn v FC Eindhoven
    (Full Time Result) 09/09/2011 None 1.61 To Run
    3 Go Ahead Eagles Go Ahead Eagles v Veendam
    (Full Time Result) 09/09/2011 None 1.53 To Run

And then some Alternative Handicap:

Portuguese Div 1 Matches Porto v Vitoria Setubal
    09-09-2011 20:15
    Handicap Betting
    Porto (-2.0) @ 2.25
    Dutch Div 1 Matches Sparta Rotterdam v FC Oss
    09-09-2011 19:00
    Handicap Betting
    Sparta Rotterdam (-1.0) @ 2.50
    Dutch Div 1 Matches Agovv Apeldoorn v FC Eindhoven
    09-09-2011 19:00
    Handicap Betting
    FC Eindhoven (-1.0) @ 2.75

Total stake for this bet: €5.00
    Potential returns: €77.34

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Just one big bet this weekened for me, here's hoping:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going for these 3 german games at 17.00 to go over 1.5 goals, paying just over even money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Something to consider (not necessary his pick, but more about his opinion) - post by an excellent Romanian tipster "Sirac" on BettingAdvice forum:
    Romania-Liga 1
    Otelul Galati-CFR Cluj

Pick: draw
    Odds:3.34
    Bookmaker: Pinnacle

Rumors about fixing comes first in my mind when i try to think at this one.Everybody knows that Otelul took an easy win away at Cluj last season, so some cheap points are expected here as Otelul needs to return the favor.But if it would have been that easy in this cruel world of betting we all have been reach by now.So obviously, when all people will be with both eyes on this one, a fixed game is excluded, there are clever ways of doing something nasty in this league if they really want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Gone for this:

Porto -1 4/9
    Preston 8/15
    Metz 3/4
    Reims 1/1

€10 returns €67.50

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

does any1 know are mervue up to much lately? would they have much chance against shels? im doing up a bet derry-2,over 2.5 pats bray,over 1.5 ac v lazio and porto -1 and thinking of adding shelbourne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Gentlemen I've just about recovered from the Juventus fiasco and ready to get back on the horse. Real football is back and I am hoping for a very profitable weekend for one and all. Most of the value has already been covered in the German, Dutch and Irish games and i will be doing some trebles and variations of some of the matches highlighted.

One league which seems to have been overlooked and maybe for good reason but I am going to have a small poke at tonight is French Ligue II. This league is a hotbed for draws, yet the odds on draws are similar to what you get get in Premiership games

Le Havre v Tours 9/4 4th vs 5th in league
    Troyes v Bastia 2/1 12th vs 2nd
    Nantes v Le Mans 2/1 16th vs 18th
    Boulogne v Arles 9/4 14th vs 6th

Le Mans, Arles, Bastia all have 60% draw rate this season, whereas Le Harve and Troyes have 40% draws. So above 2/1 are decent odds for a draw in any of these games

In the last gameweek 6 out of 10 games were draws.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/france/ligue-2/2011-2012/regular-season/

the quadruple is 96/1 on betfred so worth a spare euro. gonna do trebles of the 4 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Going €50 on betfair draw Boulogne vs Arles

Arles have yet to win away from home whereas Boulogne have drawn all 5 games this season

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/09/09/france/ligue-2/union-sportive-de-boulogne-cote-dopale/ac-arles/1115150/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double
    Derry -2 11/10
    Dundalk -2 21/20

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Eindhoven @ 8/11, big single.

Milan, Derry and Porto @ 2/1

Ibra Insurebet @13/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Yardie wrote: »
    Gentlemen I've just about recovered from the Juventus fiasco and ready to get back on the horse. Real football is back and I am hoping for a very profitable weekend for one and all. Most of the value has already been covered in the German, Dutch and Irish games and i will be doing some trebles and variations of some of the matches highlighted.

One league which seems to have been overlooked and maybe for good reason but I am going to have a small poke at tonight is French Ligue II. This league is a hotbed for draws, yet the odds on draws are similar to what you get get in Premiership games

Le Havre v Tours 9/4 4th vs 5th in league
    Troyes v Bastia 2/1 12th vs 2nd
    Nantes v Le Mans 2/1 16th vs 18th
    Boulogne v Arles 9/4 14th vs 6th

Le Mans, Arles, Bastia all have 60% draw rate this season, whereas Le Harve and Troyes have 40% draws. So above 2/1 are decent odds for a draw in any of these games

In the last gameweek 6 out of 10 games were draws.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/france/ligue-2/2011-2012/regular-season/

the quadruple is 96/1 on betfred so worth a spare euro. gonna do trebles of the 4 myself.

good luck, the French leagues are very unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

anyone know if eindhoven will cover the -1 @ 7/4?? 1st V last!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

The odds are a bit ****e but I'm goin for:
    Over 2.5 goals in both the Porto and Dundalk matches @ 1.02/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

magherakid wrote: »
    Double
    Derry -2 11/10
    Dundalk -2 21/20

on that but with "Arsenal -1" added to make it a triple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got home late so just did this bet, luckily no goals so could still do the Dutch games.

GAE
    Milan
    Preston
    FC Eindhoven
    Sparta Rotterdam
    Andy Roddick U16.5

Tenner runs you close to 200

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lazio have failed to defeat A.C Milan in 22 years. Reassuring myself with meaningful stats again :D

Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Silva, Antonini, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Aquilani, Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Cassano

Lazio: Bizzarri, Konko, Biava, Dias, Zauri, Ledesma, Brocchi, Hernanes, Mauri, Cisse, Klose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement