Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    The "Football" tips thread eh... overs in New Orleans v Green Bay tonight ;)

Is that american football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

^Yeah

Over (48) at 10/11. How likely is this of happening? Need some money back after that italien joke of a team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

kev250 wrote: »
    Over (48) at 10/11. How likely is this of happening? Need some money back after that italien joke of a team
    Not a dead cert by any means, it's just two great teams with two great quarter-backs. Big yards will be put up and presumably, big scores.

Il throw a few euro on it sure.
    Seems like PP haven't put much effort into the game anyway,it is 10/11 for overs and unders. Odds seem to be fairly decent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

When does the NO - GB start?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Yoshie. wrote: »
    When does the NO - GB start?
    1:30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geaser11

is there an NFL Betting thread???

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Geaser11 wrote: »
    is there an NFL Betting thread???

I don't think there is. But if you wish to create one, by all means do so :)
    I know a few of the lads have logs on the NFL though.

____

One early morning double -

FC Seoul and Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors @ 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fizbo wrote: »
    Basically just clutching straws here..But Monaghan have been awarded the win inj the Finn Harps V Mons game last weekend as Harps played a suspended player ..

I had them in an Acc that would have come off if Monaghan won ..I was wondering if PP would refund the bet of take Monaghan out etc.. ?

Harps appealed so techinally it could be reverted and imo Harps could win. PP won't refund it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Harps appealed so techinally it could be reverted and imo Harps could win. PP won't refund it.

Gav thoughts on possibility of 5 goals in the Galway match?

Headshot wrote: »
    Gav thoughts on possibility of 5 goals in the Galway match?

5 could be pushing it, maybe 3 or 4 goals. Galway as you know are woeful, but Dundalk are a bit of a rough patch themselves without a win in 5.

You really don't know what Galway side will show up a side who nearly beat Shamrock Rovers or the team who last week got their arses handed to them by St.Pats losing 6-1.

3-1 Dundalk would be what I'd predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** it I went for it anyway

Headshot wrote: »
    **** it I went for it anyway

I have Over 2.5 goals in my log for this match so lets home the goals roll in. Dundalks recent slump seems to have arisen from Kearns making the magic flight to England, he was their lad to break down the other team which they seem to be missing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    If you find the betting selections on the game, the "Game Totals" selection - you have either over 48 points in the match or under 48 points. This game should go over.
    Sound for this one, took the pain outta the losin double.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

One early morning double -

FC Seoul and Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors @ 2/1

Followed you on this, I never ever have any luck in Asian football, it always seems to end 0-0, fingers crossed this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

any thoughts on ac milan to beat lazio tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

Ac Milan -1 @ 15/8. This a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Shane St. wrote: »
    any thoughts on ac milan to beat lazio tonight?
    Not sure about their line-up, but last time I watched them (exhibition game vs Juve) they were playing very well, even with squad being far away from the strongest selection. But it was Juve, so... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Double of Preston and Go Ahead Eagles for me tonight

• Advertisement

stingerro wrote: »
    Not sure about their line-up, but last time I watched them (exhibition game vs Juve) they were playing very well, even with squad being far away from the strongest selection. But it was Juve, so... :rolleyes:

Exactly, it was only Juve. Still fancy them to win but think the handicap is asking a bit much tonight what with it being first game of the season. Lazio losing Zarate is a big loss and while they still have the very good Hernanes in their ranks. Cisse and Klose don't convince me(even if I have a soft spot for Cisse :P). Admittedly I've seen very little of Cisse since his loan at Sunderland, only highlights of him at Pana.

Might just go for Ibra Insurebet if not Milan and Porto -1 double.

Not entirely sure if this confirmed but anyway -
    AC Milan
    Starting line-up

C. Abbiati
    I. Abate
    A. Nesta
    Thiago Silva
    D. Bonera
    M. Ambrosini
    G. Gattuso
    A. Aquilani
    K. Boateng
    Z. Ibrahimovic
    A. Cassano

Lazio
    Starting line-up

A. Bizzarri
    A. Konko
    G. Biava
    A. Dias
    L. Zauri
    C. Ledesma
    C. Brocchi
    S. Mauri
    Hernanes
    D. Cissé
    M. Klose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agovv Apeldoorn v FC Eindhoven @ 1.61 top plays bottom, Eindhoven 100% this season. Agovv lost every game and - 13 GD already
    Greuther Furth v Duisburg 1.57 top plays 13th, apart from a loss to Frankfurt they are flying. Duisburg are stuttering esp away, not won on road since April.

Looks a solid double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Exactly, it was only Juve. Still fancy them to win but think the handicap is asking a bit much tonight what with it being first game of the season. Lazio losing Zarate is a big loss and while they still have the very good Hernanes in their ranks. Cisse and Klose don't convince me(even if I have a soft spot for Cisse :P). Admittedly I've seen very little of Cisse since his loan at Sunderland, only highlights of him at Pana.

Might just go for Ibra Insurebet if not Milan and Porto -1 double.
    Had a chance to watch Lazio in "Trofeo Ceramica" against Villarreal, they were outplayed all over the pitch, I think it ended 2:1 for Rossi and Co, but it was a much better result than Italians deserved. Cisse was quite lively, playing on the shoulder of last defender, usually it ended with offside flag going up, but once Zapata fall asleep and Cisse scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

A bet for tomorrow:

Aktobe - Lokomotiv Astana (Kazakh league) : draw

Aktobe and Astana are 2 of the biggest teams in Kazakhstan. Aktobe are almost unbeatable at home (even in european competitions). A few years ago, they drew 0-0 at home vs Maccabi Haifa then lost away, last year they beat Hapoel TelAviv at home (thx to a penalty, wouldve been 0-0 otherwise) then lost away.

This season, they drew 0-0 at home vs some Hungarian team, and drew 1-1 at home vs Alania in the Europa League.
    In the league:
    -they drew TWICE 1-1 at home vs Zhetysu (current league leaders).
    -they already played vs Loko Astan at home this season...the game ended 0-0.
    *Aktobe are 4th and Astana are 3rd.
    Aktobe's results this season : http://www.soccerway.com/teams/kazakhstan/fk-aktobe-lento/

I've seen Aktobe a few times and they play very attack minded football but they suck at converting their chances. They play with a high defensive line and their defenders suck, their goalkeeper is a calamity.

I've got a double with that game and Zhetysu to win.

Sorry for the long post:p

stingerro wrote: »
    Had a chance to watch Lazio in "Trofeo Ceramica" against Villarreal, they were outplayed all over the pitch, I think it ended 2:1 for Rossi and Co, but it was a much better result than Italians deserved. Cisse was quite lively, playing on the shoulder of last defender, usually it ended with offside flag going up, but once Zapata fall asleep and Cisse scored.

He hasn't changed much so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United all to win. €9.71 at 6.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Going for a double of Derry -2 and Dundalk -2 this evening.......pays around 4/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dundalk are not scoring goals and actually drew with Galway a couple in the Spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

norwich 6/4, Wolves 2/1 , Shamrock rovers 4/5 acc , odds come in at around 13/1 ,
    prices from PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

mike65 wrote: »
    Agovv Apeldoorn v FC Eindhoven @ 1.61 top plays bottom, Eindhoven 100% this season. Agovv lost every game and - 13 GD already
    Greuther Furth v Duisburg 1.57 top plays 13th, apart from a loss to Frankfurt they are flying. Duisburg are stuttering esp away, not won on road since April.

Looks a solid double

Might follow you on this and looking at Preston and maybe AC Milan also. Not as involved as i used to be in the L.O.I. I know Longford can be gritty but Limerick -1 at home at 11/8 looks a good bet with all their new signings. Mervue are improved this year what to people think of Shels -1 at 5/6.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement