Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

CM182 wrote: »
    That's how I feel too :/ What did you get?

I have no second choice as of yet!

179 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

Post hpat i "thought" i'd nailed section 1 and 2, and done only alright in section 3.

I went up marginally in s1, down 8 pts in s2 and up loads in s3. just shows how unpredictable this bloody test is!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

I don't want to do anything else :'(

you can just do a 3 r 4 year course and do grad entry whats an extra 1 or 2 years if you look at it meds like what 9 years min

179 :(
    what percentiles that? its 80 anyway so relax probably not getting trinity but definitely great chance of nuig rcsi

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    But I went down so much from last year. I feel so sick. I disappointed myself, my parents. Don't know what to do anymore. But thanks.

don't be so hard on yourself. this test is not a true reflection on how good a doctor you would be if you are motivated, and there is not a hope in hell you've let your parents down - you did your best, that's all they can ask of you. This test suits some people better than others.

If you gave 50 top consultants in Ireland the same test you did right now, I would venture to guess most of them wouldn't even breach the 60th percentile.

• Advertisement

Very unlikely but thanks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cond

174....any chance? repeating this year and am seriously heartbroken right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kellogskelly

The email went into spam so only got it now!! :O don't lose heart guys went from 167 last year to 204 this year (with a lot of practice) which it proof that things get better!

Very unlikely but thanks :(

what percentile is 179? please. this year i got 169, got that last year and went down this year so using 179 if i go for med need to know %

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭skinny malinky

To anyone whose not happy today, please remember this is not the end of the world. As a 26 year old I can tell you life goes on after the LC, and you'll look back thinking, "what was I so stressed about". Chins up

• Advertisement

jenny18 wrote: »
    what percentile is 179? please. this year i got 169, got that last year and went down this year so using 179 if i go for med need to know %

it seems to be 80th if u go onto the acer website u can check ur score on the percentile curve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kanva5

jenny18 wrote: »

179 is about 80-81%

i got 181 so 83% not too shabby but physics is my 1st choice :L

Cond wrote: »
    it seems to be 80th if u go onto the acer website u can check ur score on the percentile curve!

i did but 178 is 80th definitely and 181 is 83rd so 179 might be 81st.
    i know who cares, but i said i'd only do med if i got 81st + like a dear universe if i should be a doctor give me 81st% + wierd i know but what can ye do.

80th... awww **** and here comes the tears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

174....any chance? repeating this year and am seriously heartbroken right now!

Ah, up to 739! That's good enough for everywhere this year, was it not? 10 points above Galway, too! Of course you have a chance!

80th... awww **** and here comes the tears

calm down if you keep working you can still get it, and even if you don t theres grad entry, dont panic you got 80th percentile thats what everyone wanted you beat 2700 people aprox be happy

Ah, up to 739! That's good enough for everywhere this year, was it not? 10 points above Galway, too! Of course you have a chance!

really?? what way do u think points are going to go because im not doin honours maths this year :confused:

really?? what way do u think points are going to go because im not doin honours maths this year :confused:

should only change like 5-10 max as its 1 for every 5 after 550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

They've gone up every year, and with the bonus points for honours maths and the sliiight change in percentiles they seem likely to rise again this year, but the points can only go so high before they start levelling off, y'know! You're not in a bad place :)

They've gone up every year, and with the bonus points for honours maths and the sliiight change in percentiles they seem likely to rise again this year, but the points can only go so high before they start levelling off, y'know! You're not in a bad place :)

hmmmmm i cud scrape it if they only rise by 5 points .... but they are gonna hav to stop raising them soon or noone will be able to get the points!

• Advertisement

Omg the absolute thought of having to study for the HPAT again haha : /

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

This thread is very quiet. I'm going to assume it's because everyone is in school. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RADON99

215 99th percentile couldn't be happier

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Thanks Jenny and hollingr. :)

I'm absolutely devastated at the mo, all I've been facing since last year is rejection and now my hpat's gone down as well. I don't think I can take in anymore disappointment. I can't bring myself to face anyone, I feel like such a loser and failure at life- why can't I do well on the hpat ever? :'( may be med is just not for me. :( I'm going to work towards a better LC this time 'round, might make me feel a bit more confident about myself. :/ this is terrible, my second chance and I still couldn't do it. How will I go to school tomorrow? It's hard repeating knowing that you aren't gonna get what you want. But c'est la vie I suppose. Thanks for your kind words. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Marginal again but meh. There's a very realistic chance of my getting an offer and an equal chance of not. All in all, I'm surprisingly nonchalant about it (Just absolutely ACED my biochemistry exam so It's a strange mix of emotions).

I'm just going to focus on my exams and acquiesce. I'd highly recommend you all to do the same for your own sake.

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Thanks Jenny and hollingr. :)

I'm absolutely devastated at the mo, all I've been facing since last year is rejection and now my hpat's gone down as well. I don't think I can take in anymore disappointment. I can't bring myself to face anyone, I feel like such a loser and failure at life- why can't I do well on the hpat ever? :'( may be med is just not for me. :( I'm going to work towards a better LC this time 'round, might make me feel a bit more confident about myself. :/ this is terrible, my second chance and I still couldn't do it. How will I go to school tomorrow? It's hard repeating knowing that you aren't gonna get what you want. But c'est la vie I suppose. Thanks for your kind words. :)

thanks but seriously you aren't a failure, most doctors can't even do that exam its evil. but dont freak out, the only person whose opinion you should care about is your own.

and for school repeat after me 'i scrapped a pass but i'm really not sure if i'm ready to do 9 years in university. i think i might do something that gives me more options, and that way if i do still wan't medicine, i can do it but if not then i have more options.''

only tell people who actually like you ie care about it i'm only telling one friend what i got this year not even my parents like.

and look at it this way do 3 years in a course get second or first class honours to gmat 4 years grad entry thats 7 years most places are 6 years for normal entry.

and stop insulting yourself you tried most people are happy with mediocrity you tried to better yourself and have, just because a aptitude test made up by people who aren't doctors says you cant go straight in doesn't mean you can't be a doctor eventually

ok so i have no idea what i wan't to do so for the crac lets play a game suggest a course/ field of study and the best 10 i'll put in a bag and pick 1.
    this seems stupid but by picking 1 your immediate reaction tells you if you want to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Evaa

Hi guys. Does anybody know someone who got into medicine with the help of HEAR scheme? How many points did he/she obtain in the hpat? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

Hi guys, can someone clear this up for me. I was gutted with my Hpat score of 159 (an increase of 2 points from last year!) but when i totted up my points they seemed too high

LC score 560 ----> 552 med points
    Hpat score ----> 159
    bonus for higher maths
    > 25

totaling 736

That is higher than galway last year isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

dynamot wrote: »
    Hi guys, can someone clear this up for me. I was gutted with my Hpat score of 159 (an increase of 2 points from last year!) but when i totted up my points they seemed too high

LC score 560 ----> 552 med points
    Hpat score ----> 159
    bonus for higher maths
    > 25

totaling 736

That is higher than galway last year isnt it?

Every 5 points you get from HL maths above 600 only counts for 1 point when applying to medicine.

Advertisement