Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Tomorrow will be grand :D I actually cant wait to just do it now at this stage :p After having answered about 700 HPAT style questions already I think its time to get it over with and get back to only studying for 7 subjects rather than 8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

What number do we put on the HPAT admission ticket? just above "Issuing Country"?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

I also would like to know what number to put on the answer form . I assume its the CAO number but the space in the past papers is too short to put it in *panics slightly* :pac:

Edit: Derp, i read the above post wrong, different numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew what Number to put on the HPAT admission ticket just above "Issuing Country"?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 isiris

do they accept a learner permit as form of id? i know it says that a driver's licence is accepted ,but still not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SorchaJane

BL1993 wrote: »
    What about the number you have to put on the admission ticket?

Thats the number on the i.d you're using, your passport etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

But I'm using a letter, i've no ID, what am I supposed to write there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Leave it blank. If there's a number you can put in, they'll allow you to fill it in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 isiris

isiris wrote: »
    do they accept a learner permit as form of id? i know it says that a driver's licence is accepted ,but still not sure.

i emailed them and they said "A Learner Permit is fine if it contains your name, date of birth and photograph" . just in case anybody else has the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beckyy

I'm using my provisional, and theres two numbers; stock number and driver number :P Which one do i put down??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Oween

Does anyone know if we're allowed to write on the HPAT test booklet this year?
    Because I've heard that you're only allowed do rough work on your test booklet, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

Just another quick, last minute panic-based question here if you don't mind answering. Roughly what percentage (roughly- i know its weighted oddly) would you need to get 190-210 points? If that's not possible to answer then no bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Hey can I bring my phone in if it's off because I have to be able to ring my parents to collect me after like? Is tere a place to put them? And also, you know the admission ticket... Do you print it all on one page ya? Because the email I got said to fill in the details on the "back" of it! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Oween wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we're allowed to write on the HPAT test booklet this year?
    Because I've heard that you're only allowed do rough work on your test booklet, is this true?

You get 2 pieces of paper, the test booklet with all the questions on it, and the computer read answer sheet with all the little boxes. You can't write anything on the answer sheet other than your answers, but you can do as much rough work on the question booklet as you want. There's loads of space around the questions.
    Just another quick, last minute panic-based question here if you don't mind answering. Roughly what percentage (roughly- i know its weighted oddly) would you need to get 190-210 points? If that's not possible to answer then no bother :)

It really isn't possible to answer. It depends on a lot of factors and as ACER have never released a marking scheme trying to predict it is pointless. Give your best shot at every question, there's nothing more you can do :)
    Hey can I bring my phone in if it's off because I have to be able to ring my parents to collect me after like? Is tere a place to put them? And also, you know the admission ticket... Do you print it all on one page ya? Because the email I got said to fill in the details on the "back" of it! :/

In my test centre someone went around at the start with a box for everyone's phones, I think this happened in all of the test centres so you should be ok. My admission ticket was all on one page, but honestly, don't worry about small admin details like that, they're really very minor and if you're confused about details just wait until tomorrow and ask the people at registration.

good luck everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Section 1 and 2 were great. Section 3 was quite a bit harder than last year but I think I managed alright. How did it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Meh. Questions were either really hard or really easy, no middle ground imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Section 1 was amazing.. Section 2 was pretty good.. I felt I got some of the harder section 3s but overall it was quite hard.. Seems to be the consensus at least...

500thbpost! :D was okay I guess .. Hard to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

Section 1 was amazing.. Section 2 was pretty good.. I felt I got some of the harder section 3s but overall it was quite hard.. Seems to be the consensus at least...

Section 1.. quite good although ended up guessing around 5 at the end.
    Section 2 was a disaster.. literally guessed half the section!
    Section 3 was a dream, honestly feel like i only got 2 or 3 wrong!
    Overall, i doubt ill get medicine! Went in pretty confident having completed all of the Medntry practice exams with particularly good results in the latter 2 exams. Very disappointed and regret repeating now...
    good luck to everyone else though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

How do the repeaters think this years paper compared to last years? I thought 1 and 2 were pretty nice, the 3rd was an absolute disaster, I got 5 right, maybe 10 with lucky guesses. Anyone else find section 3 particularly hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crush525

I repeated and am the complete opposite to most people. I found that Section 1 was very hard and Section 2 to be even more difficult. But Section 3 was not too bad apart from some of the questions. Overall, I think I did well but not unsure whether it was as good as last year.

I know this is asked all the time. But do you reckon if most people find it not too hard, the scores will go up again. Plus with the new extra 25 points, does anyone see the minimum scores going into the 740's/750's mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

Crush525 wrote: »
    I repeated and am the complete opposite to most people. I found that Section 1 was very hard and Section 2 to be even more difficult. But Section 3 was not too bad apart from some of the questions. Overall, I think I did well but not unsure whether it was as good as last year.

I know this is asked all the time. But do you reckon if most people find it not too hard, the scores will go up again. Plus with the new extra 25 points, does anyone see the minimum scores going into the 740's/750's mark?

As a repeat, i found section 1 to be around the same in difficulty as last year, Section 2 worse, probably due to the fact i completely lost my concentration, and section 3 was, in my opinion easier than last year although thats just my opinion.

Did you finish each section on time?
    Oh the scores will go up again no doubt. I cant see galway in the 740's though. It just cant go up as much as last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Crush525 wrote: »

Section 1: was harder than last year. Section 2: was easier. Section 3: was very nice IMO. Think I done better but you'd never know. Was fair enough:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

Oh the scores will go up again no doubt. I cant see galway in the 740's though. It just cant go up as much as last year!
    Yeah I can't imagine the points going up too much, I'd say percentiles will be reasonably similar in the HPAT this year think NUIG will be about 730. That's what I'm banking on anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Repeater here too. I found S1 & 2 fine. Bordering on pleasant. S3 was harder but not upsettingly so like it can be. Overall I feel happy coming out, but that's not saying much. We have no way of knowing how it's marked or anything so everything else is just pie in the sky.

As for points predictions, there's not much point in doing them because come August everyone is always surprised. They are bound to rise slightly at least this year due to the bonus points for maths. Beyond that it's impossible to say. Well done everyone, it's over now until next year (hopefully never again).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mocksssss

Thought section one was fine except for the blood pessure smoking part, part 2 was very easy, a dream! I thought, as usual that section 3 particularly the middle of the sequence questions was ridiculous, bye bye medicine me thinks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Helloxoxo

Thought section 1 was fine
    Section 3 extremely easy
    Section 2 ridiculously hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Helloxoxo

Section 1.. quite good although ended up guessing around 5 at the end.
    Section 2 was a disaster.. literally guessed half the section!
    Section 3 was a dream, honestly feel like i only got 2 or 3 wrong!
    Overall, i doubt ill get medicine! Went in pretty confident having completed all of the Medntry practice exams with particularly good results in the latter 2 exams. Very disappointed and regret repeating now...
    good luck to everyone else though :)

That's exactly how I felt!! I wasn't great at section 2 when I was practising but today was a disaster!! Everything else was fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Section 2 wasn't cool, section 3 was nice enough though I think. Probably scored like 50 :rolleyes: But I don't care at least it's over for one year anyway.

Advertisement