Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TR072 Pharmacy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

So what your saying id if I have a choice between answering a Henman essay or anybody else's essay I should go with anyone else? :P

Practice of Pharmacy is a hard module to study for. I mean a lot of the stuff is common sense but it's hard to put it in words..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

It depends on the question really if there are two questions that I know well and one is Henman ill do the other.
    If there are two questions but I know Henman really well and the other ok ill do henmans.
    Henman isn't the hardest to get a pass mark out of. It's when it comes to touching the 60+ level that things start to prove difficult with him.
    This doesn't happen to the same extent with the other lecturers. While its still hard to get a good mark of them, it isn't as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Scortho wrote: »
    I can barely remember the stuff I studied yesterday never mind last year! I hadn't studied her stuff so I skipped it in the mcq!
    Considering I usually forget the contents of an exam a minute or two after I leave the hall, can't say i'd blame you :P

Abdul check your email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abdul20013

made a new account :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abdul20013

by the way best of luck to everyone ( maybe partyatmygaff wont need it :p ) but i sure do!

So do I! Partyatmygaff can you gift us some of your unneeded percentages to us?
    It shall be a long night!:(

I don't usually question spot but for Biology I think I'll make an exception :o Best of luck :) Hopefully I can fit some sleep in tonight :P

Microbio went off without a hitch... sweet. How did you guys get on?
    Time to dump those microbio notes somewhere far far away and move on.

Retrovirus came up as predicted and an essay on classes of Lipids. Nice short questions so it wasn't too bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 A_nannymoose

Guys what would you say is the answer to: whats the most abundant biochemical in the world and how many tonns of it are produced each year?
    we got that in the biology exam today :/.

Guys what would you say is the answer to: whats the most abundant biochemical in the world and how many tonns of it are produced each year?
    we got that in the biology exam today :/.

Cellulose and 100 billion tonnes :P Don't worry about it it's over!

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Retrovirus came up as predicted and an essay on classes of Lipids. Nice short questions so it wasn't too bad!
    Did you get the questions about the embryo and all it's external sources of this and that, I only got the first: Amnion. Dont tell me I'm wrong!

Did you get the questions about the embryo and all it's external sources of this and that, I only got the first: Amnion. Dont tell me I'm wrong!

If I remember correctly "Amnion" was the answer to the first one :)

Cellulose and 100 billion tonnes :P Don't worry about it it's over!
    I was thinking cellulose but then i was like isn't that a carbohydrate....guess it's both then, I think i passed and thats all i care about tbh so I'm happy :)

Carbohydrates are biochemicals though...

(PH2008's going to be great fun next year :p)

Carbohydrates are biochemicals though...

(PH2008's going to be great fun next year :p)
    yeah thats what i didn't relise it mixed me up at least next year when i do 2008 ill know the difference!

3006 out of the way! Lovely question. misuse of drugs act. The legislation for opioid drugs is not sufficiently adequate except for methadone.
    Compare the regs for methadone with that for morphine sulphate in terms of prescribing dispensing recording and storage.
    Mcqs were iffy but always are at the best of times with 06.

Microbio went off without a hitch... sweet. How did you guys get on?
    Time to dump those microbio notes somewhere far far away and move on.

Fire sounds good to me!:) or shredder! More fun with fire

Any chance ye remember when they let people know about Physiology vivas?

• Advertisement

I think we had two exams left when the results came out.

Was it that bad???:D

Nah I thought it went pretty well but at the same time ya never know! Only 6 more :P

Last year it was a bit over a week when they sent the email.

7 more exams, the first three were the nice modules... 02 and biochem/microbio.

This weekend's gonna be fun.

How important is Sasse's stuff for 2nd year? (Spectroscopy). I'll be leaving it out for the exam I reckon because it doesn't click with me at all but would it be recommended to go over it before 2nd year?

Very important.

I wouldn't even leave it out of PH1003, it's potentially the most straightforward question on the paper and you'll be doing a lot of spectroscopy in the labs next year.

That's what I feared :/ I don't really get the concept from her lectures. I might try the textbook so. Otherwise I'll go over it during the summer :o

That's what I feared :/ I don't really get the concept from her lectures. I might try the textbook so. Otherwise I'll go over it during the summer :o

I passed it without it. There is a large percentage of people who don't do it....her notes are really unclear.
    Even now when I read over them in asking what the hell am I reading.

I found these useful:http://astro.temple.edu/~debrosse/Lecture9.ppt they're a bit clearer.

From memory in 1st year half her marks went for knowing and understanding the beer lambert and how to use it, as well as limitations.

If you do decide to do it, I'd use anything but her notes.

I think I'll give the Fabio and Quigley question a go over it if I can :P I know how to do her calculations but the theory goes over my head. I'll catch up over the summer..

I think I'll give the Fabio and Quigley question a go over it if I can :P I know how to do her calculations but the theory goes over my head. I'll catch up over the summer..

I know our year most of the question was on the beer lambert. It's fairly easy to get decent marks from that if you understand it and its limitations.

• Advertisement

Is the mark for first year just an average of all our marks? (PH1003 and Biology worth twice as much as the rest?)

And then we get that percentage of the 10% going for first year? Like a 50% average gives you 5% etc.?

Advertisement