Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

CMpunked wrote: »
    I seen it thursday. Excellent movie. Thought the 3D was brilliant, wasnt overdone but definitely added depth to the whole movie which is odd for big action movies released in 3D these days.

Some of the comedic elements were also fantastic and brilliantly unexpected.

Have you seen thor yet, jay?

I had it taped a few weeks back but got deleted. was again today so I well watch it later tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Avengers really was awesome.

Already looking forward to the next one.

which member of the team will get a movie next? I am sure plans exist for them all to have another movie. Except maybe the Hulk.
    The plans for
    iron man 3
    was in the works before the release of the avengers. Which i knew about before going to see it, so it kinda
    ruined one of the scenes near the end for me. Yeah you know the one.
    cena wrote: »
    I had it taped a few weeks back but got deleted. was again today so I well watch it later tonight

It is well worth the watch even more so if you plan on seeing Avengers, a lot of Thors movie is the background to the whole movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

The plans for
    iron man 3
    was in the works before the release of the avengers. Which i knew about before going to see it, so it kinda

It is well worth the watch even more so if you plan on seeing Avengers, a lot of Thors movie is the background to the whole movie.

Well watch it after the hockey game is over. New york rangers winning. 2-1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The plans for
    iron man 3

Yeah, cause otherwise I'd have been convinced
    Iron Man was going to die
    :rolleyes::P

That said, knowing Joss Whedon as I do, I did foresee
    Carson dying

Oh....
    Puny God

Yeah, cause otherwise I'd have been convinced
    Iron Man was going to die
    :rolleyes::P
    No i knew he wasnt going to, but i mean other scenes like the way at the end how
    the A was left on the stark building, there is a plot leaked as to how that will become the official headquarters of the avengers and hulky will be part of it. So in that sense i knew they would be all pally-pally at the end.
    That said, knowing Joss Whedon as I do, I did foresee
    Carson dying

Oh....
    Puny God

That felt like such a
    throwaway scene that some are saying didnt do what it really should have done. But when you remember that Carson was in pretty much all the movies leading up to this one, it is kinda sad so i feel annoyed that my heart strings werent plucked a little harder in this movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hardly a spoiler if someone answers this but Is Robert Downey Jr a smug dickhead in this like he was in most of Ironman 2?
    Also who is the Joe Canning lookalike going around with the bow is it that guy in the Hurt Locker?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Hardly a spoiler if someone answers this but Is Robert Downey Jr a smug dickhead in this like he was in most of Ironman 2?
    Also who is the Joe Canning lookalike going around with the bow is it that guy in the Hurt Locker?

Thankfully, no.
    Whedon obviously didnt like that either.

Yeah that's the guy who played Hawkeye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Is Extreme rules on tonight or tomorrow night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

tomorrw night lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Ah league final morning. The excitement and anticipation that always builds and leads ultimately to huge disappointment.... But not this time, maybe.

Watched the WTF episode of South Park for first time. Made me laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Keep Avengers spoilers away I say! I've yet to see it. Will likely go Monday. Have a heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just when you think football is exciting Clermont seemingly score a try to knock Leinster out. Except he didn't ground it. Cue 3 more minutes of desperate defending to see Leinster through to face Ulster. That means Connacht are back in the Heineken Cup next year.

You can have your comic books. I need a drink after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

What a game of rugby everything you want in a semifinal
    And as a connacht fan Yes! Yes! Yes!

Leinster were fair lucky at the end there I was certain they lost it when Foffana broke through, amazing how they controlled it late on then gave away a stupid penalty which lead to about 7 minutes of madness. Spurs vs Blackburn is about as entralling as a trip to the dentist. Spurs are apparenly the entertainers of the league Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just finished watching Season 2 of The Walking Dead. The 2nd half of the season was amazing. Definitely the best show on TV right now. Can't wait for Season 3.

On a side note need Blackburn to win or draw to win the last man standing.

glenjamin wrote: »
    On a side note need Blackburn to win or draw to win the last man standing.

2-0 down & a load of retarded shouting on sky to try to keep me awake. Good thing Yakubu is still on....oh wait Kean took him off a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

GTR63 wrote: »
    2-0 down & a load of retarded shouting on sky to try to keep me awake. Good thing Yakubu is still on....oh wait Kean took him off a few minutes ago.
    Ah fook. Sure Blackburn are midtable and have nothing to play for....oh wait no they're not. Meh, just have to get lucky next week.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Ah fook. Sure Blackburn are midtable and have nothing to play for....oh wait no they're not. Meh, just have to get lucky next week.

They were fùckin terrible sat deep & never went for it boy am I sick of watching that this week. Harry must of been delighted to see a total gutless approach like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I hope QPR go down. Hughes has done **** all really in progressing the team since taking over, and they've spent a lot more money than the rest of the bottom teams.

I hope QPR go down. Hughes has done **** all really in progressing the team since taking over, and they've spent a lot more money than the rest of the bottom teams.

Thats the big worry big fees & wages. QPR, Bolton, Blackburn & Villa all deserve the drop but 2 will survive. All of them have been managed terribly and will only survive by sheer luck of having teams that are worse than them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How were Bolton managed Badly?

Agree on QPR, Villa and Blackburn - not manged badly by the coaching staff so much, but the people in charge of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If Villa pick up a point at home to Spurs IMO they'll have done enough. The match against Norwich will be their big day though and Norwich are unpredictable at home.

Wigan should beat Wolves and Blackburn. They'll get at least 3 points out of the 2 matches.

QPR are royally ****ed. Just relegate them now.

Bolton have a game in hand and an easier fixture list but if you can't beat West Brom side who're practically on holidays now you don't deserve to survive.

Blackburn are ****ed. They're unlikely to pick up anymore points and they're 3 behind QPR.

Blackburn and QPR are my bets to go down but Rovers have seen the writing on the wall for 2 years at least. I realistically can't see either pick up any points.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Avengers really was awesome.

Already looking forward to the next one.

which member of the team will get a movie next? I am sure plans exist for them all to have another movie. Except maybe the Hulk.

I really liked Mark Ruffalo's Hulk/Banner in Avengers Assemble, I like to see him get his own movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really liked Mark Ruffalo's Hulk/Banner in Avengers Assemble, I like to see him get his own movie

He had at least 2 scenes that got the largest reactions at the screening I saw. Brilliant movie, easily one of the best Summer Blockbusters I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes I liked his Hulk performance alright. But as he is new to the role I figured he was the only one without a movie already planned. I think follow ups to Iron Man, Thor and Captain America are already planned. I was wondering which would be made and hit the screens first.

Hawkeye, Black Widow and Fury as a trio could do well in a movie of their own also.

I actually think Edward Nortons Hulk movie is really really underrated. But Ruffulo completely blew that version out of the water. I think a new movie was out of the question last week, but the head of Marvel Studio's Kevin Feige seems to have had his mind changed by the audiences reactions to Hulk, so hopefully there'll be another flick before Avengers II, also think Disney/Marvel where working on a Hulk TV show, similar to the 70's one, and completely seperate from the movie version. So perhaps that's why they weren't too keen on a new movie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As much as I loved Hulk in the Avengers (those two scenes stole the movie), I'm not 100% sure if he'd do well in his own movie. He was a character who played off others, be it Stark poking him, Widow testing him, etc.

I'd love a "Hulk vs ____" style movie; have the Hulk going against Wolverine or Spiderman or something; have a character he can interact with...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I think A hulk movie would be very good, much like the Ed Norton version its a character driven movie with more emphasis with Banners struggle more than the superhero element of it.
    anyone think the 3D wasn't needed it didn't add to the movie (for me anyway) and the great bit of it was for me because i knew the characters from other movies there was an ease in how they interacted no-one vieing for screeentime and all that

Hodgson has opened talks with the FA for the England job....HA, HA, HA, HA

• Advertisement

As much as I loved Hulk in the Avengers (those two scenes stole the movie), I'm not 100% sure if he'd do well in his own movie. He was a character who played off others, be it Stark poking him, Widow testing him, etc.

I'd love a "Hulk vs ____" style movie; have the Hulk going against Wolverine or Spiderman or something; have a character he can interact with...

I 'd love a movie like that.. Hulk vs Thor FTW:cool:

EDIT.. With Loki controlling Hulk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement