Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Rik Mayall (star of Bottom, The Young Ones, The New Statesman) has passed away at 56. He was also in Blackadder as Lord Flashheart. This screengrab (with Ade Edmonson) really got me.

14403982773_3dae716460_o.jpg

News: http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0609/622644-rik-mayall/

Well that was unexpected

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Boooo!

Such a Legend and a big bit of my comedic memories from my youth

He had a plan and it was as hot as his pants

R.I.P

on another note if not for this, i'd now be renaming this thread to wish you Mr Hunter of the Jayk variety a happy birthday

1l1mki.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Happy birthday Jay! You're sharing the celebrations with grandma Heel today as she's just hit 70!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Jaykhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy birthday Jay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cheers guys (and gal!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Happy birthday Jay!

Next Thursday marks a year since James Gandolfini passed away

Thank you brah :D been a long few days with my bday, E3 and my sis getting married :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Happy belated birthday Jay. Hope stevo gave you the birthday Hastings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ok im looking at 2 laptops . One is with PC World and one is with Harvey Norman. Both around the same price but with Harvey Norman they offer you for extra a product care plan but im not sure if PC World do.

So was wondering have people dealt with either company before etc because i need to get a laptop soon (hate using my mams ha)

On a whim, i'll say go with the one in Harvey Norman's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ok im looking at 2 laptops . One is with PC World and one is with Harvey Norman. Both around the same price but with Harvey Norman they offer you for extra a product care plan but im not sure if PC World do.

So was wondering have people dealt with either company before etc because i need to get a laptop soon (hate using my mams ha)

Go with Harvey Norman but chance your arm and ask for a discount or something thrown in. Even if its anti virus

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    On a whim, i'll say go with the one in Harvey Norman's
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Go with Harvey Norman but chance your arm and ask for a discount or something thrown in. Even if its anti virus

Cheers guys , have ye had experience with Harvey Norman or PC World?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cheers guys , have ye had experience with Harvey Norman or PC World?

have had experience with both. Harvey Norman seem to have a much better choice and seem open to a small bit of haggling over price. Pc world just want you to buy extra insurance and warranty's. Shop around though

I 2nd what Eh i don't know said, Harvey Norman are open to haggling depending on whoever helps ya out when ya don't know what you're looking for, PC World just seem to wanna sell extra insurance & warranty's first, and the laptop 2nd

Even the Official Motorhead Facebook Page acknowledged Rik Mayall's death

RIP Rik Mayall! You will be missed!
    10366078_10154268796220094_9013096218061485656_n.jpg?oh=6258c1f9548b9e8e65bd535d3fd250a5&oe=54273F2A&__gda__=1411049020_c268e552e31d8de2b6848b61154f51af

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He may not have been the most active mod here but yesterday Bombidol disabled his boards.ie account, so its farewell to him from the mods team.

Bombidol was the man initially responsible for getting this very forum set up, so for that, he certainly deserves a fair bit of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭cena

gimmick wrote: »
    He may not have been the most active mod here but yesterday Bombidol disabled his boards.ie account, so its farewell to him from the mods team.

Bombidol was the man initially responsible for getting this very forum set up, so for that, he certainly deserves a fair bit of credit.

Had he been on this forum in the last few years.

gimmick wrote: »
    He may not have been the most active mod here but yesterday Bombidol disabled his boards.ie account, so its farewell to him from the mods team. Bombidol was the man initially responsible for getting this very forum set up, so for that, he certainly deserves a fair bit of credit.

Bombidol was way before my time, but whenever I hear Bounty Hunter and long-time members speak of him it's in high regards, especially for getting the PW forum out of the TV section and deservedly in the Sports section. Sad to hear his 12 years on Boards.ie come to an end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bombidol was a sound lad - shame to see him go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I was around in a different guise when Bombidol was active. Best wishes to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I just opened this thread to post an RIP about Rik Mayall cos of the threat title, and Bombidol has disappeared? Dang.

I wasn't around when he was really active but we spoke a bit during my time as a mod here and he seemed like a very nice bloke. Best of luck in your future endeavors sir o>

orestes wrote: »
    I just opened this thread to post an RIP about Rik Mayall cos of the threat title, and Bombidol has disappeared? Dang.

I wasn't around when he was really active but we spoke a bit during my time as a mod here and he seemed like a very nice bloke. Best of luck in your future endeavors sir o>

BombIdol has gone.....
    Waltersobchek has gone.....

whos next..... these things usually come in threes

eh i dunno wrote: »
    have had experience with both. Harvey Norman seem to have a much better choice and seem open to a small bit of haggling over price. Pc world just want you to buy extra insurance and warranty's. Shop around though
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I 2nd what Eh i don't know said, Harvey Norman are open to haggling depending on whoever helps ya out when ya don't know what you're looking for, PC World just seem to wanna sell extra insurance & warranty's first, and the laptop 2nd

Yea was having a look at Argos aswell last night . Tbh im just stuck cause there are so many different options to get.

Harvey Norman are actually charging €99 for 2 year product cover but dont no about PC World they dont seem to have that option when you looking at each product.

Do people recommend any brand of laptop?

Yea was having a look at Argos aswell last night . Tbh im just stuck cause there are so many different options to get.

Harvey Norman are actually charging €99 for 2 year product cover but dont no about PC World they dont seem to have that option when you looking at each product.

Do people recommend any brand of laptop?

I got a Linovo one last year from HN on someones recommendation. So far its been great, granted I probably dont use it to its full potential, I just download movies and play football manager as well as the network but all run smoothly

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I got a Linovo one last year from HN on someones recommendation. So far its been great, granted I probably dont use it to its full potential, I just download movies and play football manager as well as the network but all run smoothly

Cool well all im gonna be using mine for is downloading music or college work etc

Cool well all im gonna be using mine for is downloading music or college work etc

I like my Linovo one and its never caused me an ounce of trouble, grand for downloading and streaming and Boards Draft College work

Anyone catch the highlights of Portugal's game against Ireland

• Advertisement

Just caught Nani and his disallowed goal. Hopefully he can bring that **** to Man U next year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement