Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Tinie wrote: »
    What's with the thread title?

It's changing every so often since I used it to wish Grames a happy birthday (if I know its a regulars birthday I'll do so but its rare I would know), if something organically comes up in the thread and it becomes the title it will tend to stick longer than a random title too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭cena

Lost my ATM bank card yesterday.
    Anyone know if I ring them up could they let me take some money out through an ATM manchine.

I know their is a bank in england that does this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know if I ring them up could they let me take some money out through an ATM manchine.

Have you called the bank to report the card missing?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Have you called the bank to report the card missing?

I did. 8 euro to replace. I have never been charged to replace a card.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I did. 8 euro to replace. I have never been charged to replace a card.

Really? What bank are you with? Didnt realise they are charging people now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,900 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Ulster Bank dies that. May have to sign up online

Really? What bank are you with? Didnt realise they are charging people now

Bank of Ireland. I'm just glad to have it canceled. They would have fun if I didn't do it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooster Teeth started their IndieGoGo campaign today to raise funds to make a film. Set their goal as 650k in 30 days.

Currently on 810k after about 18 hours. 35 dollas of which are mine. First time I've ever pledged money to a crowdfunded project but would love to see these guys make a movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not sure what to make of Real Madrid's away kit for the 2014/2015 season

Real_Screen.png

article-2646667-1E6B3E4700000578-867_306x238.jpg

Well, if they are stealing Suarez, may as well steal the Liverpool jersey :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Its a poor man's stade Francais Jersey.

For those not aware of it;

rugby.jpg

Well, if they are stealing Suarez, may as well steal the Liverpool jersey :P

Why would Real even bother with trying to buy Suarez, there frontline is deadly enough as it is, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo,

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Why would Real even bother with trying to buy Suarez, there frontline is deadly enough as it is, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo,

Its rarely about what they need. Real love their Galactico signings and think they'll want to spunk out a tonne of cash on someone...

True, Real love to make expensive signings, though no matter how big the bid from Real, i highly doubt that Liverpool would let Suarez leave, after him signing a new contract, and Liverpool returning to the Champions League

True, Real love to make expensive signings, though no matter how big the bid from Real, i highly doubt that Liverpool would let Suarez leave, after him signing a new contract, and Liverpool returning to the Champions League

Be interesting. I don't know if Pool would turn down 75m+ for him for instance...

Be interesting. I don't know if Pool would turn down 75m+ for him for instance...

That would be an interesting question to ask all the Liverpool supporters who post on Boards.

That would be an interesting question to ask all the Liverpool supporters who post on Boards.

I'd take the 75m. We could buy a better player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I'd take the 75m. We could buy a better player.

That doesn't make sense. If there is a better striker in the world than Suarez, then why wouldn't Real bid the 75m for him rather than suarez?

There isn't a better out and out striker than Suarez in the world currently anyway.

Also Liverpool wouldn't be able to attract the top top level players currently. Suarez is in the top 5 players in the world and Liverpool wouldn't be able to attract or buy any of the top 15 players in the world let alone top 5...

Pool could buy 3 25m players though, and I'd personally think that could strengthen their team more than having 1 75m player...

This is for all Liverpool supporters
    If Real Madrid hypothetically offered £75 million pounds for Luis Suarez, would you take the money and let Suarez leave or reject the offer and keep Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pool could buy 3 25m players though, and I'd personally think that could strengthen their team more than having 1 75m player...

In theory yes but....Spurs!

ps congrats you beat me to 14k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

And when you get that 75m the price of your targets will rise too. Would be stupid to sell him though and I doubt they will considering they've Champions League football again.

Plus I'd imagine Real making a bid for suarez will rely heavily on them shipping out Benzema.

Whether Arsenal actually try for him this summer remains to be seen.

It'll be the same old song & dance with Arsenal during the summer transfer window, mark my words

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just saw the result of the Offaly vs Kilkenny match. Bad day to be an Offaly supporter, losing 5-32 to 1-18.

What is the best site I can upload a video to so I can save . max size vid is around 3gb
    Its for private use only

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

What is the best site I can upload a video to so I can save . max size vid is around 3gb
    Its for private use only

Vimeo or youtube id say you can make them private and password protected if needs be on both

Vimeo or youtube id say you can make them private and password protected if needs be on both

YouTube is very slow to upload

I'm pretty sure YouTube purge videos eventually that don't get enough hits to justify being hosted on the servers.

Use something like one drive or box instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rik Mayall (star of Bottom, The Young Ones, The New Statesman) has passed away at 56. He was also in Blackadder as Lord Flashheart. This screengrab (with Ade Edmonson) really got me.

14403982773_3dae716460_o.jpg

News: http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0609/622644-rik-mayall/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement