Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

So I had a meeting with our school's career guidance teacher. Went in there with my mind fully made up.

Half an hour later I'm confused and frustrated andand I don't know what to do now. :(

FML I had a hard enough time picking what I wanted to do in the first place..

This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

So I had a meeting with our school's career guidance teacher. Went in there with my mind fully made up.

Half an hour later I'm confused and frustrated andand I don't know what to do now. :(

FML I had a hard enough time picking what I wanted to do in the first place..

This happen to anyone else?

up until just before 6th year i was set on law been researching it since first year. at higher options i wanted to go in to stem cell research so genetics course. now repeating with aim of doing medicine I don't think anyone ever knows what they want to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Our "career" guidance teacher always stresses that you cannot see into the future. You may have interests now, but whats to say you won't like something else in 2017? Our career talks last year were based on that assumption. One past pupil had loved English and creative writing and went on to study History in TCD. He's now a Computing engineer (or something like that) working specifically in broadband development, quite a contrast.

Me personally, I'm going on what I'm interested in at the moment. I want to do Law, thats not to say I don't want to do jam making in letterkenny, but its all I have to go on right now.

I'm thinking about Social Care now. One thing I've noticed is like, whenever we have talks about college choices or whatever, we've never actually been told that we can change our minds after the first year or two.

I think people forget about that when they're thinking about courses. It seems a lot less scary when someone tells you that you can change again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You can change? This is new information?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Looks like I'll be doing Liberal Arts in Mary I. 390 points last year, not too bad. It's only September but I can't wait to finish this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

13spanner wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be doing Liberal Arts in Mary I. 390 points last year, not too bad. It's only September but I can't wait to finish this year...

been the longest 3 weeks in school ever so far! 37 to go. ;)

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

But only one hundred days to Christmas \o/ And, um, one hour and fifteen minutes until I'm 18 :D

But who's counting

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Namlub wrote: »
    But only one hundred days to Christmas \o/ And, um, one hour and fifteen minutes until I'm 18 :D

But who's counting

Happy birthday!:p
    I'm excited about christmas but at the same time its like...i dunno...hpat, mocks and then leaving cert after christmas yknow..:rolleyes:

Chuchoter wrote: »
    You can change? This is new information?
    Yeah, of course you can. A few years ago my brother changed from an ITS course to a game design thing. Now he's working for Blizzard Entertainment in California. :rolleyes:
    ir
    Schonie wrote: »
    I'm excited about christmas but at the same time its like...i dunno...hpat, mocks and then leaving cert after christmas yknow..:rolleyes:
    That's scary..It's almost October already like!

Is anyone thinking about taking a gap year, by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

donvito99 wrote: »
    Good for you:), I did work experience in a hospital which I won't name, but the midwifes (who talked to us sometimes) were amazing people, not only professionally but just as people.

I'd say they alone make childbirth about a million times easier...(as if I'd know):cool:

Yeah I did work experience in a hospital too... Yeah the thing I like about midwifery is you're probably closer to your patients than other nurses, you're with them for 9 months like! Plus the mammys prefer them to the doctors :P (so my mother says :rolleyes: ) my middle name was picked after my midwife, because dad thought she was great :L

Namlub wrote: »

But who's counting

Happy birthday!! Don't celebrate to hard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Happy Birthday Namlub! :)

I missed my first day this year yesterday, I'm worried that I might have missed something in maths and won't be able to get back into things! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

M&S* wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Namlub! :)

I missed my first day this year yesterday, I'm worried that I might have missed something in maths and won't be able to get back into things! :(

A guy in my maths class was out for the first two and a half weeks with tonsillitis, missing all of the basics of integration; he spent Thursday lunch-time with our teacher and is now pretty much up to speed. I doubt you'll be too far behind :)

I'm too lazy to be a 6th year. :pac:

Do y'think like, knowing you can get the points you need without that much work make you lazy?
    I mean, I'm not going for 450+ here..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Been longest September ever, need to finih this year.....

icedtea wrote: »
    Been longest September ever, need to finih this year.....

Haha and I thought it was only me who thought it was going slow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I like how it's going so slowly, it makes it seem like the exams are ages away :) if it was going quickly i'd be terrified! :pac:

This September is flying by!;) well, I guess its all relative anyways (LC Physics for ya!)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I think this month is flying!

• Advertisement

Oh, and seeing as this is an off topic thread;

UP THE DUBS!!!!

....carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I think this month is flying!

It really is...debs fundraiser planning has begun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

way excited for debs this year..:p

The Debs - glad I'm not on that committee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I haven't done any work since Thursday! :eek::mad:

Our debs committee haven't even met up this year. I should know, I'm on it. Everyone else is really like, laid back about it. It's annoying. :( Am I the only one who knows it's going to cost a fortune?!

Anyway, September's weird. The weeks are flying but the weekends are nice and slow. :)

... We haven't even gotten a debs committee yet... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Our debs were last Thursday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Got the letters about the vacine :(

• Advertisement

Got the letters about the vacine :(
    Getting mine Thursday. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement