Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

No mystery. Lyndon Johnson killed Kennedy

I originally scoffed at this theory but after watching every major JFK documentary over the past week the best two of them point strongly towards LBJ involvement

First up is this no frills one

What it lacks in shiny graphics and film work it more than compensates with compelling evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Seems like the whole Brittany Murphy and her husbands sudden deaths has taken a very ominous turn. At the time their deaths were blamed on pneumonia and drug "interactions".
    Both of their symptons are now reported to be similiar with the effects of rat poison. Recent tests have indicated this is possible, but nothing is conclusive yet. Watch this space this one has legs.

http://www.yourtango.com/201077027/mysterious-deaths-simon-monjack-brittany-m

And the 2nd of the great JFK documentaries I viewed this week.

This is a rawly filmed one of just a man on front of a slideshow. What makes it so compelling is that the man is the most respected JFK conspiracy author thats ever lived.

Highly recommended (skip a few minutes past the women who introduces him, she goes on a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Back and to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

No mystery. Lyndon Johnson killed Kennedy

Funny you should say that, I was watching a documentary about Kennedy the other night and it covered the battle between himself and LBJ for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Seems there was little love lost between the pair and when Kennedy eventually won the backing of his party to run for President, he chose LBJ as his running mate simply because he needed the Texan vote badly. Robert Kennedy implored his brother not to select him, as he didn't trust him an inch and knew how hungry he was for the power he ultimately gained after JFK's death.
    Add to this the rumours that were widely circulated in political circles at the time that Kennedy was seriously considering dumping LBJ from the 1964 Presidential ticket and well, there's a diamond motive right there.

I remember thinking, if the assassination was a conspiracy (which I'm not entirely convinced of btw), I knew exactly who I'd be looking towards and it wouldn't be the Soviets....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Does Marty Morrisey pluck his eyebrows,or are they naturally thin?

What planet is he from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Where do politicians learn how to not answer a question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

MJ23 wrote: »

From their stint as teachers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Again. Do your own research. Lyndon Johnson had JFK killed. He hated Kennedy. He had a blood lust to be president himself, The only way he could do it was to have Kennedy killed. Look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

What really happened to the Dinosaurs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

molly09 wrote: »

It was cancelled when people got sick of that fcuking baby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

retalivity wrote: »
    It was cancelled when people got sick of that fcuking baby

NOT THE MAMA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Marie Celeste!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Laois Man don't encourage this troll
    Again. Do your own research. Lyndon Johnson had JFK killed. He hated Kennedy. He had a blood lust to be president himself, The only way he could do it was to have Kennedy killed. Look it up.

Are you even reading my replies?

I have since concluded, after much research, that LBJ was heavily involved in the assassination of JFK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The exact reason why Wayne was killed off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MJ23 wrote: »
    Is it true that you always answer a question with a question ?

Who told you that ?

Just watch the use of words in Yes Minister

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

molly09 wrote: »

“Many years ago, this was a thriving, happy planet – people, cities, shops, a normal world. Except that on the high streets of these cities there were slightly more shoe shops than one might have thought necessary. And slowly, insidiously, the numbers of these shoe shops were increasing. It’s a well known economic phenomenon but tragic to see it in operation, for the more shoe shops there were, the more shoes they had to make and the worse and more unwearable they became. And the worse they were to wear, the more people had to buy to keep themselves shod, and the more the shops proliferated until the whole economy of the place passed what I believe is the termed the Shoe Event Horizon, and it became no longer economically possible to build anything other than shoe shops. Result – collapse, ruin and famine. Most of the population died out. Those few who had the right kind of genetic instability mutated into birds – you’ve seen one of them – who cursed their feet, cursed the ground, and vowed that none should walk on it again. Unhappy lot.”

As mentioned I was watching everything good online this week that was JFK related and I came across an excellent talk with a guy called Jim Marrs (link is a couple of pages back)

He speaks as a man who researches something a thousand percent, and then another thousand just to be sure. His "Crossfire" book is probably the last word on the matter and I cant find a bad word said about him online.

This lead me to watching more of his talks, like this one

and this

and this

All are highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I seen the title of this thread...and thought oh my god a thread on Unsolved Mysteries : )

and it was not....would really love to be able to watch that show again all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I seen the title of this thread...and thought oh my god a thread on Unsolved Mysteries : )

and it was not....would really love to be able to watch that show again all of it.

Always love that Robert Stack was willing to take the complete piss out of himself and that show. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Billy86 wrote: »

Always love that Robert Stack was willing to take the complete piss out of himself and that show. :D

Oh wow, I had completely forgotten about that show - we always watched it!! Must look it up on YouTube at home later - thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

[-0-] wrote: »

You should read "Dark Shadows Falling" by Joe Simpson. It gives an excellent account of what climbing Everest is all about.

It's technically impossible to collect most of the bodies up there, but it's something that experienced mountaineers take into account when they go onto Everest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Why not just helicopter in and airlift them out?

Honestly must watched that film twice and forgot that skit was in it.
    Billy86 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bill G

Why not just helicopter in and airlift them out?

Operating a helicopter at that altitude is extremely dangerous and just not worth the risk to only collect corpses.

God I must have spent my childhood watching that show was great and every week always scary.

I few years ago I nearly bought the complete show on dvd but think there was a catch it was not complete.

Hope one day its appears online.

I love the way Supernatural last year did a Untouchables tribute esp.
    miamee wrote: »
    Oh wow, I had completely forgotten about that show - we always watched it!! Must look it up on YouTube at home later - thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Dennis Farina hosted the newer episodes, where they revisited old cases and some had since been solved. They used to show it on one of the free to air channels a couple of years ago. Sadly both he and Robert Stack have now passed on.

Remember his turn in the Beavis and Butthead movie? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

May have been mentioned, haven't had time to read all the posts - but for me it's the disappearance of Richey Edwards from the Manic Street Preachers.

I'm currently reading a book about him, it's terribly sad how such an intelligent man spiralled into mental illness, self harming and alcoholism and then appears to have joined the infamous 27 Club.

Sadly, I do think he is dead - I've done a lot of reading about this subject and it seems too hard to believe that he's living it up in India or the Canaries somewhere. I think he committed suicide, not necessarily by jumping off the Severn Bridge but I believe he is gone.

If you're not aware of this story, do some googling - it's fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I watched an old episode with Denis Farina presenting on one of the Sky documentary channels the other night. I think it was ID.

Advertisement