Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Tomorrow marks the 50th anniversary of the grand-daddy of all conspiracies and unsolved mysteries;

The JFK Assassination

The short version of my feelings on it, after reading up on it pre internet and then watching every good documentary as they were released, is that Oswald was there in the book depositary on the day but he didnt act alone. He maybe didnt even take a shot but he was told by his handlers to be there at that time.

Post your thoughts on the JFK Assassination here

Fidel Castro shares at least one belief with the majority of Americans: He is convinced that the assassination of President John F. Kennedy was not the work of a lone gunman, but was the culmination of a broad conspiracy. According to a recent Gallup poll, 61 percent of Americans believe Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone in Dallas 50 years ago.

But Castro suspects that Oswald might not have been involved in the assassination at all. Here is what he told me–to my great surprise–over lunch one day in Havana: “I have reached the conclusion that Oswald could not have been the one who killed Kennedy.” Castro is of course a confident man, but he said this with a degree of surety that was noteworthy.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/11/fidel-castro-oswald-could-not-have-been-the-one-who-killed-kennedy/281674/

Documentary # 2

This one is hosted by Jesse Ventura so take it with a pinch of salt ;)

Documentary # 3

I havent seen this one yet but its BBC made so Im expecting heavy bias towards the Lone Gunman theory

• Advertisement

Documentary # 4

Close to 400 thousand views on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

It's more likely a majority of people have seen conspiracy films like "JFK" or watching youtube "documentaries" rather than have read the Warren Report

The truth has a habit of coming out about these things, so far, on Kennedy, squat.. just a large amount of weak theories implicating virtually every group

It's less a mystery, more a conspiracy phenomenon

Jonny7 wrote: »
    It's more likely a majority of people have seen conspiracy films like "JFK" or watching youtube "documentaries" rather than have read the Warren Report

Nobody who is serious about their research on this takes the 1991 movie JFK seriously.

Come to think of it they dont take the Warren Report seriously either, nor should they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Nobody who is serious about their research on this takes the 1991 movie JFK seriously.
    But, but, but... all those awesome monologues and speeches. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

What rhymes with hug me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ardle1 wrote: »
    What rhymes with hug me?
    Chug me?

Tug me?

Drug me?

Do a combination of all three to me while I rrrrrraaaapppppeeee yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

ardle1 wrote: »
    What rhymes with hug me?
    fugly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Come to think of it they dont take the Warren Report seriously either, nor should they.

JFK the movie is a technical tour de force, the editing and the cinematography are masterpieces of cinema. That's all. A blisteringly barmy script too!

Who was the second spitter?

Who was the second spitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Jonny7 wrote: »

The truth has a habit of coming out about these things, so far, on Kennedy, squat.. just a large amount of weak theories implicating virtually every group

It's less a mystery, more a conspiracy phenomenon

I can't recall who made the documentary, but there was one on a few years ago that looked at the technical possibility of a lone gunman. A lot of the theories down the years were obsessed with it not being possible for Oswald to have made that series of shots in the amount of time available, so the programme examined this aspect.

Turns out that a trained marksman could indeed make that series of shots. In fact, they reckoned that they could probably do it a bit quicker if they weren't taking their time. Their conclusion was that it was possible for there to be just one assassin from a technical point of view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

penn and teller did a segment on the jfk conspiracies on their conspiracies episode of Bull****. They covered the 'no one could shoot that fast' one and the 'back and to the left' head movement/bullet angle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

YlVis make me question the meaning of life with their views.
    1) What does the fox say?
    2) Stonehenge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Kaspar Hauser, I would say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspar_Hauser

foxyboxer wrote: »
    JFK the movie is a technical tour de force, the editing and the cinematography are masterpieces of cinema

It is a stunning work of fiction that has done the JFK conspiracy infinitely more harm than good.

• Advertisement

penn and teller did a segment on the jfk conspiracies on their conspiracies episode of Bull****. They covered the 'no one could shoot that fast' one and the 'back and to the left' head movement/bullet angle one.

The Penn & Teller "Bullsh!t" series is entertaining enough but I wouldnt give any of their arguments any weight. They go for controversial counter points first and facts a distant second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

[-0-] wrote: »

In fairness to the people who heard him - stopping at that stage is resigning yourself to death. Any energy you have needs to be conserved. Everest is becoming way too crowded with really inexperienced climbers. In fact, going by his actions, I'd imagine David Sharp was one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

Tomorrow marks the 50th anniversary of the grand-daddy of all conspiracies and unsolved mysteries;

The JFK Assassination

The short version of my feelings on it, after reading up on it pre internet and then watching every good documentary as they were released, is that Oswald was there in the book depositary on the day but he didnt act alone. He maybe didnt even take a shot but he was told by his handlers to be there at that time.

Post your thoughts on the JFK Assassination here

Fúck that film is graphic - I was not at all prepared. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The real unsolved mystery about JFK.

I find the official story about the Kennedy assassination - that Lee Harvey Oswald shot him from the window of a book depository in Dallas - to be a little bit implausible.

A book depository in Texas ?

Fúck that film is graphic - I was not at all prepared. :(

I would have thought 99% of all adults would know what the Zapruder film consisted of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

solway firth spaceman ,its just really puzzling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

time traveller cellphone in charlie chaplin movie,mind boggling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

time traveller cellphone in charlie chaplin movie,mind boggling
    debunked many times

it was a hearing aid

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The Kennedy assassination is no mystery. Lyndon Johnson is responsible, He didn't pull the trigger. But he did put the hit out on JFK. Kennedy was shot at several times by a number of government hired assassins, The fatal shot came from in front of the motorcade, From behind the picket fence, under the tree on the grassy knoll, The bullet came through the windshield and hit JFK in the front right hand side of the head. The exit wound blew out the back of his skull.

Advertisement