Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S13)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

anyone got a final update for the table? wanna know if FRF avoided the drop on the last day of the season or not......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

apologies for the slackness the last week, got exam results last friday and moving accomodation there last day or two. all settled now so should get it done this afternoon watching Leinster on the box!

EDIT: tables updated here

I need to admit that somehow the final match between geraldine and gurbber was not inputted into the system it seems? now it does not make a difference to promotion as both mid table, but could impact 4th and 5th... but again no trophies on offer. I am open to suggestions or to just leave it?

DIV 1:
    winner: Forze Juve
    Relegation: Yerman and Gideons

Div 2:
    Promotion: The jacks and Mauling bear
    Relegation: Munster mark II and The Parrish

DIV 3:
    Promotion: MWSAG and Reaper RFC
    Relegation: Revan and Ormonde

DIV 4:
    Promotion: Cill Dara and Polk High.

Congratulations to all players and especially to teams promoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

great looks like div.3 will be a case of getting beatings of 4 teams and hopefully beating three

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Oh, Don't think I'll do as well next season in Div 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Thanks to all 32 teams for taking part! Congrats to all Promotion and Trophy winning teams, and better luck next season to all Relegated teams (including myself :rolleyes: )

hopefully we can all do it again next season! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

seanand wrote: »
    great looks like div.3 will be a case of getting beatings of 4 teams and hopefully beating three

Am I one of the 4 or one of the 3. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Are there any spaces in the league for next season? I know at least one lad who's trying to get in, and I think there are some others about. Anyone likely to go bot or anything? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I got mails from people showing interest in joining! they were newish members also so putting them straight into a new lower league would work.

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Am I one of the 4 or one of the 3. :confused:
    your one of the three i hope to beat :D

jesus another league this will be bigger than ireland soon. i wouldnt mind anothe league it will make me playing in d.3 look better:p

Phonehead wrote: »
    I got mails from people showing interest in joining! they were newish members also so putting them straight into a new lower league would work.

The lad who was asking me about it is a minnow in Div III, but yeah, could fit in to a lower league and go for the promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Any room for Wandering Wanderers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beamen

I woluld like to play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Great job on the league this season guys!

As for the Grubber Geraldine match I say leave it as it doesn't affect anything. Stupidly I noticed it and planned to change it myself but my PhD viva was on the same day and I got my priorities screwed and went with real life!

New season and possibly a new division added, nothing changes!:D

mar-z wrote: »
    Great job on the league this season guys!

As for the Grubber Geraldine match I say leave it as it doesn't affect anything. Stupidly I noticed it and planned to change it myself but my PhD viva was on the same day and I got my priorities screwed and went with real life!

New season and possibly a new division added, nothing changes!:D

Yeah weird neither grubber or geraldine said nothing either. 5 divisions now is it? somewhere we have to draw the line so that the leagues can even out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    Yeah weird neither grubber or geraldine said nothing either. 5 divisions now is it? somewhere we have to draw the line so that the leagues can even out.

I know what you mean about putting a limit on it, but it would seem a shame to close the door on a fun competition....

crisco10 wrote: »
    I know what you mean about putting a limit on it, but it would seem a shame to close the door on a fun competition....

I know that, but if we add a division every season then the lower divisions will always have top quality teams steam rolling the lower teams. as it is it'll be another 3+ seasons to level out:(

I know that, but if we add a division every season then the lower divisions will always have top quality teams steam rolling the lower teams. as it is it'll be another 3+ seasons to level out:(
    you could for div5 promote 4 teams and demote 4 from div4? that would quicken the evening out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

BOD from the exiles (46220) contacted me about joining, div 3 club... do you want me to do a few more trophies?

yeah might be best phonehead.

should we have a sign up thread, as some from this season may not wish to compete this season and we can filter up teams and slot in new ones at the bottom?

yeah might be best phonehead.

should we have a sign up thread, as some from this season may not wish to compete this season and we can filter up teams and slot in new ones at the bottom?

if ye want i cant see anyone dropping out unless they go bot, someone can put it in the news or mail everyone

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    if ye want i cant see anyone dropping out unless they go bot, someone can put it in the news or mail everyone

we can sort it next week when we have the finals and community challanges all out of the way.

What we could do is every 3/4 sesons have a re-ranking of teams and start over. Not great but it's my only idea for keeping on adding divisions while having some semblance of balancing. Everyone still has a trophy shot no matter what division they're in anyway. Not overly entusiastic about the idea myself though.

But I dont think we will go much above 5/6 divisions anyway, so we'll soon get a stable format. 6 divisions would give us nearly 50 teams competing while if you look at comps that take one week and are more heavily advertised (the cc and interpros) you get maybe 70 or so for them and they don't have many other competing comps at those times.

Well I'm grubber and was going to sort it myself before getting distracted. Jeff probably just didn't notice or assumed I didn't accept.

we can sort it next week when we have the finals and community challanges all out of the way.
    i can mail everyone later as im free. just say whats it about and to let me know if there staying it and if i dont get a reply but start of the season we could replace them?

If the divisions are getting out of control, we could always do a sign-up period at the end of each season.
    Give people a heads-up on BR, then give them two weeks or so to sign-up here. Existing teams get preference, after the two week period any other sign-ups get slotted in the vacant spaces depending on their ranking.

Some good options there suggested, I think personally the re-sign up thread is the best adn fairest method to proceed with as allows new people an opportunity to join without creating more and more divisions.

but I am only an admin to do the donkey work;) I'll leave the brains to the higher powers.

Mar-z completely forgot you where grubber!!:o in this case I don't feel bad at all now that several people let real life get in the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Well I'm grubber and was going to sort it myself before getting distracted. Jeff probably just didn't notice or assumed I didn't accept.

Yeah sorry about that my activity on br tends to be on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

i think a once off reshuffle depending on National Ranking would be a good idea, i doubt anyone would mind too much, as its only a fun league and it would just make things fairer, giving everyone a decent shot at winning a few matches in their divisions?

Thats IF we are adding a 5th Div at any stage, if not.. the 4 we currently have will be pretty evened out in another season or 2

How about an agreed reshuffle every time we add a division and after next season (if we get enough for 5) only add a division at most every 2 or 3 seasons so that promotions don't become pointless.

The rest of the time we can add people to replace those who don't re-sign up at the start of each season. What do people think?

• Advertisement

How about an agreed reshuffle every time we add a division and after next season (if we get enough for 5) only add a division at most every 2 or 3 seasons so that promotions don't become pointless.

The rest of the time we can add people to replace those who don't re-sign up at the start of each season. What do people think?

I think that is the best approach. so to be clear next season we are:
    1. creating a division 5
    2. reshuffling ALL teams based on country rank
    3. then in future teams slip in where one has fallen out and only create new divisions if extreme demand for it every couple of seasons.

Sounds good, I'll do a sign up thread now and if someone can post on BR and the offsite that there is a sign up thread (in fact maybe have the sign up thread there and link here to it as all players here should have access to offsite but a couple may not have boards access?)

Advertisement