Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday, S13)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Well that was unpleasant. Pretty much went with 100% PnG (well, think it was more 70% PnG, 20% Drive, 10% expansive) and got a pounding. Also Filled my backline with forwards, apart from the wings. Silly silly silly. At least I know that old trick no longer works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

daheff wrote: »
    great start to league- already forgot to set my team :(

eoferrall wrote: »
    :eek::P

good luck! :D
    thanks!!

lost 26-17 in the end...was 26-5 down with about 10 mins left...2 quick tries (and 1 disallowed :mad: -in fairness they had one disallowed minutes later too ) ...also missed a conversion in front of the post to come within 7 :mad:

deffo think theres something changed to make matches tighter...wonder how it'd effect for bonus points (4+ tries & within 7)???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

daheff wrote: »
    deffo think theres something changed to make matches tighter...wonder how it'd effect for bonus points (4+ tries & within 7)???

There is! Its in effect in friendlies! It only effects big scorelines though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ajeffares wrote: »
    There is! Its in effect in friendlies! It only effects big scorelines though I think.

I'd like to believe it also accounted for me conceding 2 tries to a bot in the cup

Zagato wrote: »
    I'd like to believe it also accounted for me conceding 2 tries to a bot in the cup

Uhm . .

Only friendlies I'm afraid :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Maybe I should train defense a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Nope you beat me, looks like i really need some stamina training. Time to start running these boys up some hills :D

Yeah, noticed that, I thought at half time when you were ahead that you might pull away, but it didn't happen like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Scrummage wrote: »
    A closer game going by the stats than the score suggests....

Even had a try disallowed too:P , but i gave away 28 penos :eek:, not gonna play aggressively again for a while:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Uhm . .

Only friendlies I'm afraid :p
    Zagato wrote: »
    Maybe I should train defense a little :D

It's ok Zagato, AJ is a little behind, they have been released for all matches in Season 13!

See here for the description.. ie the score line modifiers.

and then this in the news feed also on BR for season 13:
    The season 13 changes have been made. For a recap, click More

For everyone
    1) Match Engine trial changes released for all matches.
    2) Weight modifiers added to training.
    3) Stadium Staff Management removed.

So you can blame the match engine... if you want, but I would get training defense as if a bot can score two... what will a human do!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Points scored

Club Played W L D For Against Margin BT BL Total
    1 Men Who Stare at Goats 1 1 0 0 48 19 29 1 0 5
    Reaper RFC 1 1 0 0 38 21 19 1 0 5
    Fingal Physicians 1 1 0 0 34 19 15 1 0 5
    4 Newcastle West 1 1 0 0 20 17 3 0 0 4
    Rahoon Wild 1 0 1 0 17 20 -3 0 1 1
    Nenagh Ormond 1 0 1 0 19 34 -15 0 0 0
    7 Rath Rugby Club 1 0 1 0 21 38 -19 0 0 0
    Revan RFC 1 0 1 0 19 48 -29 0 0 0

Round 1 Results, jesus the table didnt post up well..

• Advertisement

you know you could just link everyone to a google spread sheet... then the person how updates the tables for the website can just use that...

Ok Div I and II also done, I have saved to a google spreadsheet for people to view, see here

Hopefully I allowed access properly!

shared google docs?? what the hell is this business??? :(

i hope your all happy! :rolleyes:

TheJims wrote: »
    shared google docs?? what the hell is this business??? :(

i hope your all happy! :rolleyes:

Yes, Very....

It's ok Zagato, AJ is a little behind, they have been released for all matches in Season 13!

See here for the description.. ie the score line modifiers.

and then this in the news feed also on BR for season 13:

So you can blame the match engine... if you want, but I would get training defense as if a bot can score two... what will a human do!:D

Oops :o

I must be a little behind the times :P

Ok Div I and II also done, I have saved to a google spreadsheet for people to view, see here

Hopefully I allowed access properly!

Div I - IV all updated in the link above, Also all fixtures for Div IV are up, so get accepting!

Best of luck in the first of your league fixtures tomorrow! :D

Good stuff, keep it up :)

Oops :o

I must be a little behind the times :P

It's ok I got your back!:cool:

TheJims wrote: »
    Div I - IV all updated in the link above, Also all fixtures for Div IV are up, so get accepting!

Best of luck in the first of your league fixtures tomorrow! :D

I'll put up the rest of the fixtures next weekend guys for div I & II... have exams next week so they take preference over the weekend:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Unbelievable. Leading keogh 3-7 at half time. Thought it might be close alright. hopefully can keep it up for 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable. Leading keogh 3-7 at half time. Thought it might be close alright. hopefully can keep it up for 2nd half.

That was short lived, 8-7 now.

That was short lived, 8-7 now.

And in the end its just another one of lifes failures. Lost 22-10 in the end. Disappointing.

And in the end its just another one of lifes failures. Lost 22-10 in the end. Disappointing.

just don't ahve the stamina Jonny... start strong and peter out! haha!

Right Div I and Div II updated, as always if you spot any errors give me a shout.

Right Div I and Div II updated, as always if you spot any errors give me a shout.

Div III & IV also..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

After being 20-10 down and then 27-15 down managed to come back to 27 all and almost snatch it at the death. Kicker shad an awful day for both sides only getting one of five. He dominated me in turnovers won but i had him in line outs and scrums against the head so a real even game. Im not going to be challenging d2 sides anytime soon soon but if keep progressing I may just have a chance vs d3 in the promotion playoff come the end of the year

2 wins in a row... Don't think I've had this type of form before in this competition... Relegation is Awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

satory wrote: »
    2 wins in a row... Don't think I've had this type of form before in this competition... Relegation is Awesome :)
    haha same here two wins and then if i get promoted il get one hell of a beating

seanand wrote: »
    haha same here two wins and then if i get promoted il get one hell of a beating

Come take it like a man Seanand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Come take it like a man Seanand!:D
    its ok i dont think il promote anyway as only 2 go up

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    its ok i dont think il promote anyway as only 2 go up

Don't worry there are some big teams coming up from Div IV behind you! :pac:

Advertisement