Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life outside BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Not sure, haven't heard them talking about opening for any games.

There seems to be a looseness surrounding opening times these days, so I'd say if they want to open, no one will stop them.

Got my free tickets to the O2, it is in the main arena, and the tickets were actually free (no handling charge)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Zagato wrote: »
    Not sure, haven't heard them talking about opening for any games.

There seems to be a looseness surrounding opening times these days, so I'd say if they want to open, no one will stop them.

Got my free tickets to the O2, it is in the main arena, and the tickets were actually free (no handling charge)

Wonder will there be many on their way home from town!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Anyone have either of the games for console? I'm really disappointed with rugby challenge, it's very flawed to be honest.

ajeffares wrote: »
    Anyone have either of the games for console? I'm really disappointed with rugby challenge, it's very flawed to be honest.

Never got one, RC took so long to come out I was back in work so never got around to it. have you played both? which is better in your opinion?

They both have good aspects rwc has a more structured style while challenge is all about running around like u10s! But they are both fun. One thing that really worries me is the lack of depth in either of them. The only thing to keep you at roc is the achievements (on xbox) they are fantastic and will keep you occupied for a long time. Challenge has terrible achievements, the career could have been thought up by a child and the competitions feel like just going from game to game. But there is a currency system that unlocks videos pictures and teams. Also the gameplay itself on rugby challenge is probably more skill full instead of just exploiting flaws which is all you need to do in rwc. To me rugby challenge seems very rushed. It's as if they created a game but never tried to play it so there are many obvious issues that seem very easy to fix. An example would be how they put a huge amount of effort into the new slow mo kicking system which is great but as soon as you play the game you realise there is no way of putting a player into the pocket so effectively it's useless! Overall though you have to give the nod to challenge and it does have great potential. I'd love to know how sales went, see if there is any potential for a sequel.

• Advertisement

Cheers AJ, might pick you the RC one then if it is slightly more skillful since I don't have xbox for the achievements on RWC, but assume they are on PS3 also as trophies?

might rent both and see which I prefer. would like to support the one that has most potential to follow up with strong release next year or something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

RC seems to be the winner from reviewers. RWC is apparently a dumbed down and re-hashed version of the last ea rugby game.

Yeah exactly its rwc is rugby 08 with slightly better graphics, less teams, better commentry and some (not all) of the obvious flaws fixed. If you have rugby 08 don't even waste your money renting rwc

I don't have any, so I'm curious. Might just get the latest Madden though.

I normally don't buy new games but I wanted to support a rugby game but madden is goingq to be a better quality gamer alright

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, the latest Madden is meant to be a 9/10 jobbie alright.

have madden 12, bought it to give it a go with RC being so delayed. didn't really get it. friend who plays american football came over and we played it him expalining the rules etc. get it now, but doesn't seem a patch on rugby. and a game takes SOOO long to play have to reduce the match time way down with most of the time the clock being stopped!!

Yeah I went through a phase where I enjoyed football and I watch the superbowl if I can but it's nothing on rugby. Once you get the rules of rugby it's an amazing sport to watch

The American Football games all feel like a turn-based strategy sim. Which I don't hugely mind. A bit **** playing against the computer, but against an unpredictable human they're quite good... mostly because you can be ignorant and do a ridiculous play and completely trick them because they're sure you're not that much of an idiot.

Still no rugby though. Completely lacks the continuous tactics of a fluid rugby match. There's no dragging in defence and then spreading it wide or anything, cause the defense is constantly reset with every down.

Ulster v Munster, the tension is mighty. Whoever wins it has a great shot at the final. An all Irish final is looking very real.

I enjoy weekends when Leinster win and Munster lose. Have I just spelled Leinster wrong? Feels like I have. Lenster. Lienster. Leniester. Ah I'm going mad.

Yes, but I do enjoy any excuse to do my "we're better than yooooou" dance, because lord knows there was a time when Munster did it enough to us, the hoors. :D

Shhh your not allowed talk like that here on the rugby forum ... oh wait, we're safe ;)

Seriously though really hoping for an all ireland final

Shhh your not allowed talk like that here on the rugby forum ... oh wait, we're safe ;)

Seriously though really hoping for an all ireland final

Oh do the rugby forum not take kindly to inter-provincial rivalry? Probably easier on the mods I guess. Some people can get awfully heated when it comes to sports.

it's going to be seriously tough down in france against clermont. epic semi-final though to look froward to in 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'm hoping the fact Clermont are moving it to Bordeaux means they bring their less than stellar away form.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh do the rugby forum not take kindly to inter-provincial rivalry? Probably easier on the mods I guess. Some people can get awfully heated when it comes to sports.

Things get VERY heated over there VERY regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

blah wrong tread completly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Ah, it keeps them all happy anyway.!!
    Think they call it bragging rights or something like that (borrowed it from English soccer):D
    Reality is that a young,inexperienced England side demolished the pick of these 3 provinces a few weeks ago. thats the true position of rugby in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

washman3 wrote: »
    Reality is that a young,inexperienced England side demolished the pick of these 3 provinces a few weeks ago. thats the true position of rugby in this country.

Not really. Leinster would beat England. Coaching and preparation are everything at the highest level. Lancaster V Johnson, Kidney V Schmidt.

Ulster will make the final and i'd kill to see an AI final but i'd be very nervy against Montferrand Clermont. Hopefully Brock James plays and he bottles it again.:)

Great display tonight by Leinster. They are a joy to watch at this stage

The rugby forum is in a state of madness at the moment.

As far as I'm concerned, the tests in New Zealand just show how little there is between the top teams. One week the difference between teams can be nothing while with a few minor changes, the following week the difference can be 60 points. Its a game of inches at that level.

I afraid to venture in, yet I feel I must.

60-0 is pretty... spectacular. I know we had a lot of injuries, but, does make you wonder about the depth of the bench, when New Zealand probably could have fielded a few 2nd choices without that drastic a difference.

60-0 is pretty... spectacular. I know we had a lot of injuries, but, does make you wonder about the depth of the bench, when New Zealand probably could have fielded a few 2nd choices without that drastic a difference.

I'm the same gone no where near the forum. Pity the mods in there, probably in overdrive. was a shocking performance and the whole set up needs to be looked at from top to bottom. managers/coaches to players selected. we were toothless in attack, much like last week, but this time we missed tackle after tackle.

Never been so upset after a match.

For the first time in my life, I couldnt watch an Irish match to the end. Not out of anger it was just pure sadness. Felt bad for the players, things just went horribly wrong and for many of them that will be their last chance against the all blacks. According to the Irish times we won't be touring down there for a very long time so they'll have to come to us (unlikely considering how low they rate us out there) or we play them in a world cup. I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here but Kidney has really dragged us down. He has done horribly with the occasional big game to save his skin. With all our provincial success we really should be doing better. I honestly think Leinster are a better team than the crusaders but we just aren't able to wipe the smugness off those new zealanders faces until we prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

New Zealand have prob the greatest strength inn depth in world rugby. a lot of their best players at 28/29 move to the northern hemisphere and the next batch of young players can get their games with the super 15 sides. their playing philosophy is just so different to ours and all their players skills are so so good.
    eoferrall wrote: »
    I'm the same gone no where near the forum. Pity the mods in there, probably in overdrive. was a shocking performance and the whole set up needs to be looked at from top to bottom. managers/coaches to players selected. we were toothless in attack, much like last week, but this time we missed tackle after tackle.

Never been so upset after a match.
    whole set up does need a look at from the very bottom and underage coaching to the very top and tactics/selection of the pro teams
    For the first time in my life, I couldnt watch an Irish match to the end. Not out of anger it was just pure sadness. Felt bad for the players, things just went horribly wrong and for many of them that will be their last chance against the all blacks. According to the Irish times we won't be touring down there for a very long time so they'll have to come to us (unlikely considering how low they rate us out there) or we play them in a world cup. I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here but Kidney has really dragged us down. He has done horribly with the occasional big game to save his skin. With all our provincial success we really should be doing better. I honestly think Leinster are a better team than the crusaders but we just aren't able to wipe the smugness off those new zealanders faces until we prove it.
    we are not travelling to new zealand for 12 years due to the new IRB summer tours schedule which this is the first year.
    they will come and play us on autumn tours, the all blacks rate very few teams(and why wouldnt they not rate anyone considering their match win% against everyone)
    Kidney has been poor the last while but its the players as well that hav been poor. our success at heineken cup level is super but heineken cup level is a step below international level and we dont seem to have the ability to step up at international level.
    Whats the relevencee in saying leinster are better than crusaders??

Advertisement