Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I can't stand the gym, I just go for long cycles or play football to keep fit. I bought a pair of runners last week to throw that into the mix also, I put on a heap of weight in the last two months.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I can't stand the gym, I just go for long cycles or play football to keep fit. I bought a pair of runners last week to throw that into the mix also, I put on a heap of weight in the last two months.
    I've always relied on playing football for fitness - would play wing forward so there's alot of ground to be covered in that position.

Heading into the off season now so want to keep up with a small bit of cardio to keep any weight off and do a weights program to bulk up a bit - I'm not exactly scrawny but there's always room for improvement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I started back playing Badminton after about a 10 year gap. :o Brilliant! And if you get into it you do get a proper work out.

Also, note to the lads: always loadsa girls playing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    I started back playing Badminton after about a 10 year gap. :o Brilliant! And if you get into it you do get a proper work out.

If ever get around to setting up your boards dating ideas you could throw in a mixed doubles event for a night out. Until someone takes it too seriously and gets grumpy with their partner when they miss. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

There's also a lot of grunting and moaning! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That'll be because it's a girls game!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:cool:

Yeah sunglasses are the best perving tool

Maguined wrote: »
    If ever get around to setting up your boards dating ideas you could throw in a mixed doubles event for a night out. Until someone takes it too seriously and gets grumpy with their partner when they miss. :pac:

OOh, that could be interesting! :pac:
    There's also a lot of grunting and moaning! :pac:

No, that's tennis! I have noticed I do swear a lot when playing. :o

Smashing the shuttlecock is deadly! :)

Well then you should have no problem playing it so! :p I'll take you on.

I used to think so until I was forced to do it for a couple of years by my parents. It's bloody vicious! A proper overhead downward swing smashing the shuttlecock into your face really hurts, and you really build up some speed and power with a heavy swing.

I used to think so until I was forced to do it for a couple of years by my parents. It's bloody vicious! A proper overhead downward swing smashing the shuttlecock into your face really hurts, and you really build up some speed and power with a heavy swing.

ooh so you can play? Deadly. I find it hard to get people to play with me. Ladies are impressed by a good smashing of the shuttlecock. (There is no way I can make that sound non dirty).

• Advertisement

Squash - now there's a game that'll leave you bollixed!!

Haven't played in ages, I wasn't great but god it's a good workout!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Squash - now there's a game that'll leave you bollixed!!

Haven't played in ages, I wasn't great but god it's a good workout!

That's just too fast for me and I'd feel a bit claustraphobic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

ooh so you can play? Deadly. I find it hard to get people to play with me. Ladies are impressed by a good smashing of the shuttlecock. (There is no way I can make that sound non dirty).

I can't believe nobody else picked you up on the smashing the shuttlecock line. It's all in the wrist. A delicate little flick and the shuttlecock explodes...off the racket.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well then you should have no problem playing it so! :p I'll take you on.

If you got game, bring it >=]

Haven't even so much as glanced at a shuttlecock in 14 or so years though. :P

Recon I've got the swing :o

That's just too fast for me and I'd feel a bit claustraphobic.
    Why is it the door closing behind you and being surrounded by walls, forced to run around a tiny room that you can't see out of....

Nathin claustrophobic about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I can't believe nobody else picked you up on the smashing the shuttlecock line. It's all in the wrist. A delicate little flick and the shuttlecock explodes...off the racket.

...and right over some poor unsuspecting soul's face...

...and right over some poor unsuspecting soul's face...
    God love them seeing a white blur flying at them at high speed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

That kind of messing could take someones' eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

That kind of messing could take someones' eye out.

Its happened before.

>.>

<.<

• Advertisement

Its happened before.

>.>

<.<

Yup

The Popeye they call that one I believe

popeye3.jpg

A delicate flick of the wrist is perfect for those sly sneaky movements no one was expecting, the surprise factor being what pulls it off however to really make the shuttlecock explode I found it was all about really driving the hips into it and rotating your shoulder to deliver a truly powerful thrust.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had to cancel my appointment with the job agency Tuesday due to a tooth ache. I'm here waiting to see them now. Clothes wise I've gone v-neck with shirt, suit trousers and white runners, only joking I went with brown shoes. Thanks for the advice and I hope they'll have something else that would suit. When I was unemployed, I tried a few job agencies and none of them contacted me back so I was a bit shocked when this one contacted me.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I had to cancel my appointment with the job agency Tuesday due to a tooth ache. I'm here waiting to see them now. Clothes wise I've gone v-neck with shirt, suit trousers and white runners, only joking I went with brown shoes. Thanks for the advice and I hope they'll have something else that would suit. When I was unemployed, I tried a few job agencies and none of them contacted me back so I was a bit shocked when this one contacted me.
    Best of luck with it :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ahh gotta love badminton, I played it and tennis for years in school.. never stuck with it after that though as basketball took over.

Might look at seeing can I get into it again, dunno how the body will react though as its starting to show its age with injuries and creaky joints.. :o

If I wanted to change my username would I have to subscribe what's the story?

*edit checked FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Never rains but it pours....
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

PaulieC wrote: »
    If I wanted to change my username would I have to subscribe what's the story?

*edit checked FAQ

Subscribe or become a mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Subscribe or become a mod!
    Can I become a mod please?

I got my sorry ass kicked playing pool tonight:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Can I become a mod please?

Sigh...
    If only it were that easy..
    First you must write a 200,000 (that's right) word essay, in Latin about why you think you are suited..
    Then, you must go around your local town...in the nip...for a full 7 days...
    Then you must....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement