Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

That's the spirit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that never irons anything??:o

Nope, only bother to do it if I've got something formal coming up or wear a shirt for what ever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ive heard from a number of ex smokers that once they set a date and got it into their head that was their quit date that it made it alot easier so thats what Im going to do.
    Very true, I know a few people who did that.

I know once I get into a gym routine and lay off the booze I'll cut down on the smokes

I'm on rollies and I enjoy having my few per day but I wouldn't consider myself a heavy smoker. If I cut down in the next few weeks then I'd consider giving up alltogether in the new year - maybe around the start of February - I'd go for January but I'm not one to follow the crowd and do the whole "new years resolution" shíte

way too cool for that :cool:

Nope, only bother to do it if I've got something formal coming up or wear a shirt for what ever reason.
    I'm getting to be this way myself - only Iron my good clothes really - my body heat will sort out the wrinkles on the stuff I wear at home :pac:

Ironing is devil work.
    Sorry Otis but you're going straight to hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Believe me love,Im hellbound for a helluva lot more than ironing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I love ironing but I never bother unless its work clothes :o

Afternoon all :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hellbound

Desire to listen to Re-Inventing the Steel rising!

:D

Must dig that out when I get home later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its mostly shirts with myself and most of them are work shirts.I dont mind doing it and rather do 15 at a time and not have to worry about them for over a month than do them in dribs and drabs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

bluewolf wrote: »
    Well, if you interpret "pillows"...

Even I'm lost
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all.. how's everyone today?

hi o/

i'm sore-ish, but getting things sorted which is kinda cool.

busy?

Yup, in London atm, winging my way from place to place doing bits n pieces.. all good except for the fact I'm lugging a bloody heavy rucksack full of IT bits and a bloody heavy switch around with me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »

Afternoon all :)

Afternoon.. like ironing too, find it very theraputic (sp?) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I have work clothes that need ironing....

Just sayin' :P

Yup, in London atm, winging my way from place to place doing bits n pieces.. all good except for the fact I'm lugging a bloody heavy rucksack full of IT bits and a bloody heavy switch around with me
    Dragging a switch around London

Fúck that!!!

I have work clothes that need ironing....

Just sayin' :P

Want me to show I where the iron is?
    Oh and don't answer the telephone when ironing.. just a tip :P

Want me to show I where the iron is?
    Oh and don't answer the telephone when ironing.. just a tip :P

Well I have lived on my own for years (well other than the dole period after graduation last year) and I'm self sufficient. My Home Economics teacher loved me :pac:

Never too self sufficient to turn down a joke though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Bluey I'm not contagious :P

The cycle was nice :) I'm feeling ok, not 100% but hopefully the Dr will sort me out later! I love when you've the area you're running in to yourself Sav! Cycling is relaxing so better than the stress odd the bus...

Now that you're cycling, I think you need to get one of these sexy kits:
    205430_10150214141505306_726840305_8906320_4394272_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Oh oh oh!
    Can I have some boards running gear?! :p
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Running gear, as in wheel bearings and power transmissions etc?

I didn't know boards did that!

Um no, I was thinking more along the lines of a boards t-shirt really :pac:

Um no, I was thinking more along the lines of a boards t-shirt really :pac:
    I like your thinking!

I may have a road bike but I won't be doing speeds / distances like that for a while! I'll do about 50k a week to and from work and hoping for at least 1 30k cycle over the weekends :)

Evening all!

• Advertisement

That's still quite decent Pem, it's a hell of a lot more than I run in a week anyway :pac:

Strongly considering investing in a good road bike in the new year/spring myself. My wee bro is a good cyclist so I'd have company. Running just gets a bit tedious at times, and I like fast things :D

Morning all.

That's still quite decent Pem, it's a hell of a lot more than I run in a week anyway :pac:

Strongly considering investing in a good road bike in the new year/spring myself. My wee bro is a good cyclist so I'd have company. Running just gets a bit tedious at times, and I like fast things :D

Morning all.
    As I've only cycle to work on it I haven't done any speed but I hope to Saturday :) I used to get to 30kph on my cousins bike so hoping I can sustain that speed! I don't run but cycling is soo fast and amazing :D I would defo recommend investing!

Anybody else here have trouble doing bike work in the gym?

I need to work on the stamina in my leg muscles due to past injuries, also it's good cardio but I constantly get fed up after about 15mins and I'm not cycling around Cork....the drivers down here are manic!

The bike is my favourite thing in the gym along with a rowing machine. I'd have the reverse problem with a treadmill, I can't stick any more than 10 minutes on it without getting bored.

The bike is my favourite thing in the gym along with a rowing machine. I'd have the reverse problem with a treadmill, I can't stick any more than 10 minutes on it without getting bored.
    With the treadmill I find I'll use it for warming up and then maybe set a target of distance to run.

Try to do the same with the bike but find it a bit hard - maybe I just need to pace myself, I constantly go at a fairly good tempo, if I do intervals I might have more success.

@Paulie-
    If you're getting bored on the bike it means you're not working hard enough. Pain is a great distraction.

@Paulie-
    If you're getting bored on the bike it means you're not working hard enough. Pain is a great distraction.
    Nah I think it's I get sick of the hard work!! I think I have the answer - the TV in the gym has a usb input - I'll put on a TV show I like and not get off the bike until I've watched an episode or two :)

Nah he needs to sit behind a girl with a great ass or near a hottie on a treadmill. Fitness through creeping :pac:

Nah he needs to sit behind a girl with a great ass or near a hottie on a treadmill. Fitness through creeping :pac:
    Nah man just stand and watch, no need for exercise - perving by standing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement