Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I actually looked like that when I first listened to Feel so Close by Calvin Harris I'd say

That song moves me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm happy to say I've done sweet feck all today! :pac:

Pretty much haven't left the comfort of my bed, watched movies and read a lot.
    Saving my energy for a night out with some mates in the Bróg tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Well done,sounds like a successful day.

Need suggestions as to where to look for mp3 players please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

AFAIK Peats are having a sale.

AFAIK Peats are having a sale.

Where's that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Where's that?

Across the road from the woolshed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Where's that?

There are a few, one is on Parnell St, one on Dame St but thats fairly small nd another is in Rathmines.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm happy to say I've done sweet feck all today! :pac:

Pretty much haven't left the comfort of my bed, watched movies and read a lot.
    Saving my energy for a night out with some mates in the Bróg tomorrow.
    Haven't been in the Bróg in a long while, pints and fooseball ftw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PaulieC wrote: »
    Haven't been in the Bróg in a long while, pints and fooseball ftw :)

Was in the Bróg for the first time in years last week, was always more a fan of the Quad.

I still shed a tear thinking about its last night :(

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Was in the Bróg for the first time in years last week, was always more a fan of the Quad.

I still shed a tear thinking about its last night :(
    Haven't been there since I finished college and even then myself and the lads only went a few times in final year - used have great craic - best night was when 4 breakdancers started having a dance off - ridiculous scenes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Think I might just have bought the best Elvis CD ever, that music puts me in such a great mood:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Might've missed the train on earphone discussion but anyone got recommendations for on-ear ones that are fairly cheap? Tried a pair before that weren't great on the lower stuff. Mainly DnB and Metal I listen to so that kinda spoiled it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

what do you mean by on ear? Like the big cup ones?

I have a pair of Sony DJ headphones. Lush sound out of them and of course they block out external noise but you look like a bit of a tit wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Usually prefer the in-ear canal headphones, noise isolation preferably as I like to listen to my music loudish (but so that anyone around can hear :o). Tried a few of the backband and headband type headphones but always find them uncomfortable for some reason

The ones that go deep into your ear are good alright but I can't help feeling a bit violated when I insert them....

The little bud ones always fall out of my ears. I have weird ears I think.

Noise cancelling ones are the shizz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Usually prefer the in-ear canal headphones, noise isolation preferably as I like to listen to my music loudish (but so that anyone around can hear :o). Tried a few of the backband and headband type headphones but always find them uncomfortable for some reason
    Got to be really careful with them though; if you accidentally blast your ears at 100% volume off a laptop (as Windows 7 makes easy, defaulting everything to 100%) or some other source with a lot of output, you can get permanent hearing damage with in-ear earphones.

My dad found out the hard way there, and is partially deaf in one ear.

Sky King wrote: »
    The ones that go deep into your ear are good alright but I can't help feeling a bit violated when I insert them....

The little bud ones always fall out of my ears. I have weird ears I think.

Noise cancelling ones are the shizz.

yeah them's the ones i'm saying wont fit in my ears. feckin yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You usually get various ear buds in different sizes with your in-ear headphones that you can then switch and make them fit in your ear easier. I think you can buy even bigger ones in shops
    Got to be really careful with them though; if you accidentally blast your ears at 100% volume off a laptop (as Windows 7 makes easy, defaulting everything to 100%) or some other source with a lot of output, you can get permanent hearing damage with in-ear earphones.

My dad found out the hard way there, and is partially deaf in one ear.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Yeah I don't usually have it at max volume anyway. Usually have it at normal levels then adjust every time I think I want it louder.

You usually get various ear buds in different sizes with your in-ear headphones that you can then switch and make them fit in your ear easier. I think you can buy even bigger ones in shops

hmm, never knew that. think my ears are just a weird shape anyway.

:D strawberry and lime is too easy to drink :\

yeah them's the ones i'm saying wont fit in my ears. feckin yokes

yeah. I've seen people JOGGING with them like! HOW?

When i put them in I have to hold my head perfectly horizontal and still and I usually end up exhibiting a kind of gormless facial expression as a result.

• Advertisement

yeah. I've seen people JOGGING with them like! HOW?

When i put them in I have to hold my head perfectly horizontal and still and I usually end up exhibiting a kind of gormless facial expression as a result.

yeah the right one stays in as long as i dont move my face too much :confused:

closed headphones are the best from my experience. i've had to use a lot of different types.

technics budget headphones for about 50 are decent enough.

most ive spent on a set was 200 and i'd only use them if i got a gig or a session to work at.

what do you mean by on ear? Like the big cup ones?

I have a pair of Sony DJ headphones. Lush sound out of them and of course they block out external noise but you look like a bit of a tit wearing them.

Yeah the cup ones. My freakishly small ears aren't a big enough recepticle for buds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just finished watching The Bourne Identity! The DVD decided to play in my laptop for the first time in 3 months. Now I want to watch the other two films. :cool:

been meaning to watch them again lately meself. but got stuck in the middle of watching clint eastwood / sly stallone / steven seagal and jean cluade van damme movies.

First time seeing it! I've been trying to see this film for about a year!

The first time I went to watch it, house was quiet, had the popcorn and coke at the ready, open the dvd case, not in the friggin box! :mad:

Then, found it one day so decided I'd watch it on my laptop. Hasn't worked for ages. (it does this with some movies).

Tonight I had my laptop idle coz I was doing some study. I go back to it after an hour and there was the film waiting to start?!? Strange.Good reason to stop studying! :D

Only like the Dirty Harry films. Not really into westerns. The others, ah, they're alright. I have only seen the latest Rocky film. :o

I often find it's quicker to download than find a DVD :pac:

I dunno what the limit is at the moment. Must check that out. Sometimes its a pain though as I tend to find the movies with frickin subtitles attached. :rolleyes:

Not in English either.. :o

Just need to know what to look for :pac: I switched from Eircom once they started enforcing their caps. Of course just after I switched they raised their cap above what I have now. Still, 170GB a month is enough, I've hit somewhat of a wall in trying to fill another hard drive after filling the first 2 1.5TB ones. With Linux ISOs obviously.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah. Totally. Yep. Yeah. Linux you say. yep.

:o

Ah, I know what you mean. Just not the Linux bit. don't worry about it. :pac:

Oh, I watched the Inbetweeners the other day. I stupidly got hyped up about it so I wasn't that impressed with it. And it just kinda ended. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement