Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Snowie wrote: »
    I'm playing look at tons of pics and go have fun :D

yeah i will :) hopefully it'll get delivered this week while I'm at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I just finished watching one of the most emotional pieces of work I've ever seen in my entire life. It is an episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine called "The Visitor". I've seen it before and it never fails to hit me. It's a beautifully crafted piece of storytelling and acted supremely well. It's so incredibly heart-wrenching and emotional that I was choking up several times and had to wipe the tears away from my eyes.

That's a very rare occurrence for me, but that episode of that show usually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

G-Money wrote: »
    I just finished watching one of the most emotional pieces of work I've ever seen in my entire life. It is an episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine called "The Visitor". I've seen it before and it never fails to hit me. It's a beautifully crafted piece of storytelling and acted supremely well. It's so incredibly heart-wrenching and emotional that I was choking up several times and had to wipe the tears away from my eyes.

That's a very rare occurrence for me, but that episode of that show usually does the trick.

Star Trek can do that?!
    wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Star Trek can do that?!
    wow.

Just this one episode. It's a story of loss, and not much in the way of science like a lot of Star Trek.

I still remember the first time I saw it. I had the boxset and I had just finished watching the previous episode and I looked to see what the next episode was and saw the summary. It was about one the characters I wasn't that interested in and it earned a great big "meh" from me when I read that the episode was all about him. I was just about to skip it completely when I thought to myself "I should probably watch it, just in-case something happens in it that I will need to know for a future episode".

So I pressed play and was captivated from the start of the episode right until the end. Even that first time watching it, it hit me like a steam train. I couldn't believe how it affected me. As soon as it was over I went online to read about it as I thought I must be insane as it affected me so much. It turns out that it has been regularly voted the best episode of any Star Trek series ever.

My sanity was restored after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

yeah i will :) hopefully it'll get delivered this week while I'm at home. alone

I read the alone bit even tho it wasn't there :D
    G-Money wrote: »

we all get it at some point with some program or other one got me was don't call me stupid :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I read the alone bit even tho it wasn't there :D

:D i won't be alone, home is where my family lives! :D

:D i won't be alone, home is where my family lives! :D

i meant because when i see home automatically think alone :D best movies ever... :D

tho, jamie olivier just mixed jerk with 5 chillies and rum :eek:

on a a ham :eek::eek: mommy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

why are you always so positive :mad::D nah thank you :)

If you saw me Friday you wouldn't say that! It's my nature, I try cause it's the better option :)

Pembily wrote: »
    If you saw me Friday you wouldn't say that! It's my nature, I try cause it's the better option :)

I dunno could you match my some times anger to rip the world apart poor petrol on it and watch it burn with no remorse at a all....

Ive just been told I'm cooking in some one else's house this christmas I've got a lot to plan

:eek: food, knives, pans, roasting tins..

then theres every thing else... like baking parchment and speachil order sausages, clementines. chopping boards...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

morning all..

hows everyone? have a good weekend? :)

• Advertisement

Morning TP, I don't want to get up...

Snowie fair play that you're doing Christmas dinner :) I'm doing pre Christmas dinner Tuesday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning TP, I don't want to get up...

Yeah it was tough getting up and its a tad chilly and miserable here

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yeah it was tough getting up and its a tad chilly and miserable here
    I got up and am on the bus as I wasn't in the mood to cycle! I'm wrecked and grumpy :( the only thing is next week is Christmas :):)

You in Dublin or Deutschland?

I got up and am on the bus as I wasn't in the mood to cycle! I'm wrecked and grumpy :( the only thing is next week is Christmas :):)

You in Dublin or Deutschland?

The latter until Wednesday and then home. Still haven't gotten into the Xmas spirit yet which is unusual for me as I love Xmas, so hoping that will change on Wed when I get home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Uhhhh,is there a worse feeling than having to go to work on a Monday morning after a weekend of debauchery.

Thats a rhetorical question btw.

:P

TP I'm super Christmassy cause for the first time ever I bought and put up my own Christmas tree :) you'll feel the spirit when you're home :)

Otis I've no sympathy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Morning all....
    After a very well behaved weekend I broke out last night and went out. Was home in bed by 1am, had a great night, and no hangover this morning. Woohoo!!

Otis.......HAHA.
    :pac:

TP I'm super Christmassy cause for the first time ever I bought and put up my own Christmas tree :) you'll feel the spirit when you're home :)

Otis I've no sympathy :p

Yeah I seriously need to get into the mood.. Maybe when we have our team Xmas night out on Thurs..

I already did the 12 pubs of Xmas wearing a brutal Xmas jumper with a big snowman on it and then had our work Xmas party on Sat. No idea what I'm not in the spirit yet!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ohhhh I hear ya Otis!! :(

I had to be good at the weekend.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I had to be good at the weekend.. :(
    I stayed in all weekend but still did nothing and generally lazed - got 10 hours sleep last night though so I'm very happy about that :)

I got Forza 3 for €10 last week - gona get 4 in the January sales I'd say - it's epic - tearing around the Nurbergring in an Audi RS4 with manual transmission = Happy Paulie :D

Im in a hape,like an actual hape.

We did 13 pubs and the last one we were there til about 2 in the morning.

Easily 16 pints had.

You are having my share so. I am now officially off alcohol again :(

You are having my share so. I am now officially off alcohol again :(

why so??

Wrong time of the year to be off drink :D

I know! :(

Stupid solidarity is all.

We have decided to start working on baby number 2 so mummy to be is on the folic acid and off the alcohol for maximum health etc. So - like last time - we have decided to give up with her.

Last time we stayed off from when we started trying until 6 months into breast feeding. Best part of 2 years all counted.

I know! :(

Stupid solidarity is all.

We have decided to start working on baby number 2 so mummy to be is on the folic acid and off the alcohol for maximum health etc. So - like last time - we have decided to give up with her.

Last time we stayed off from when we started trying until 6 months into breast feeding. Best part of 2 years all counted.

Ahhh its for a very valid reason so. Kudos :)

Cheers! Oh... wait. :p

Cheers! Oh... wait. :p

so after another 2 years off the sauce you'll be one cheap date. A packet of winegums will have ya on your ear :D:p

Yea my first day back on was a bit of carnage I have to admit. I usually have a house party on the first weekend of every month and I cook for everyone. So after having not been drinking at many of those parties I got truely twisted the night of one and it really did not take much at all.

Twisted by my standards any way. Never really have been one for the falling down level of drunkenness. Party because I do not want to and partly because I usually get violently ill before getting that far :) But I was rather far gone on this particular night.

Yea my first day back on was a bit of carnage I have to admit. I usually have a house party on the first weekend of every month and I cook for everyone. So after having not been drinking at many of those parties I got truely twisted the night of one and it really did not take much at all.

Twisted by my standards any way. Never really have been one for the falling down level of drunkenness. Party because I do not want to and partly because I usually get violently ill before getting that far :) But I was rather far gone on this particular night.

I think we all do that at some stage in our lives.

A few years ago I was going to a family wedding in Canada in Oct of that year. So in the middle of the August after the summer hols, I decided to take a break from the drink.

1: To save a few quid for the trip as I was going for 3 weeks and
    2: Because I knew the whole trip was going to involved drinking nearly every night. Not getting drunk or anything, just the sociable few beers at every house when visiting or dining out as we dont get to visit that often.

So anyway, the week before I'm flying out, the Oktoberfest starts in the IFSC and on the Thurs evening after work (I'm flying on the Sat), I decide to have one or two beers to reintroduce my body to alcohol.. 3 steins later I was hammered, slurring speech everything and stagger home to bed at around 8pm. On Saturday afternoon boarding the plane I was still hungover with a thumping headache which resulted in me sleeping it off for nearly the whole flight.

The p*ss taking my family gave after that one went on for a while let me tell you.. :o

• Advertisement

You're almost making me feel glad to be off the stuff :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement