Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Vanbis wrote: »
    I signed up for a charity cycle event happening in 7 months and just realised i am so unfit. I need to start training soon.

Running fit does not equal cycling fit. You'll need to get up to about 800km in a month with a month to go and then take it handy for the last month, cycle a bit but no pushing it. The big thing about multi-day cycling is recovering and being able to get on the bike the next day. Which event is it, John O'Groates to Landsend? Oh and start training yesterday.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Running fit does not equal cycling fit. You'll need to get up to about 800km in a month with a month to go and then take it handy for the last month, cycle a bit but no pushing it. The big thing about multi-day cycling is recovering and being able to get on the bike the next day. Which event is it, John O'Groates to Landsend? Oh and start training yesterday.

That is my plan for the moment as i am not fit enough. I want to gradually build it up. I do plan on getting up to 800k in a month as you have suggested but that will take me a while. I don't want to over do it either starting off but i will be pushing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That's the plan starting of slowly though and building it to maybe 3 times a week and every 2nd week to 4. I'll look out for something like that in Argos and online. I'm not exactly the biggest but this cycle will be more indurance i thnk? but still need to build up my muscles.

Something like this PaulieC
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3027994.htm
    Have been told not to use creatine before by numerous people who would train and use supplements quite a bit.

I know it was maximuscle but not sure it was cyclone - it could be gone off the market for all I know, but the main thing is that it had almost double in carbs what it had in protein and it worked quite well for me regarding recovery and gains.

If I find it I'll PM you :)

PaulieC wrote: »
    If I find it I'll PM you :)

Any luck finding this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That would be great PaulieC, really appreicate it. I know someone who is a bit of a GYM freak so i'll be asking him also to maybe put me on some sort of program and few tips.

I'd recommend you look up programmes specific to your intentions / goals. Doing general gym work outs may not benifit your cycling in the long term.

But your mate may be able to advise in regards to any programmes you do come across.

• Advertisement

I'd recommend you look up programmes specific to your intentions / goals. Doing general gym work outs may not benifit your cycling in the long term.

But your mate may be able to advise in regards to any programmes you do come across.

I agree which is why i do plan on asking before i start anything. I don't want to be doing anything that will not help and will be a waste of time. This is more indurance and so i would think a lot of running with cycling and probably hardly any weight training will be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

What the hell are you doing eating breakfast at this time???

:confused:

There is always time for crunchy nut corn flakes man!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh how I missed you Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Thank jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dr Galen wrote: »
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhh how I missed you Friday :)
    Pay day for me too :):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

a week til payday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

bluewolf wrote: »

Same as that and Iv already dipped into my overdraft.Oh well.

Happy Friday mofo's!

Happy Friday mofo's!

Samesies - think I'm fairly okay for funds until then

Looks like I'll be getting a smartphone for Christmas of the parentals which is fairly sound of them :)

Thinking HTC Sensation unless there's any recommendations here?

Also Happy Friday to one and all :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ill buy crunchies for everyone

ill buy crunchies for everyone
    I'm so excited.... :pac:

(geddit?? Anybody? FINE :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

And I just cant hide it......
    My eyes wont focus this morning. I think that means I'm required to go for a drink after work :D

And I just cant hide it......
    My eyes wont focus this morning. I think that means I'm required to go for a drink after work :D
    Don't mind the after work part sure that's only a minor detail

Pembily wrote: »
    Pay day for me too :):)

Happy Friday mofo's!

I get paid weekly.... :pac:

you can buy the crunchies so, ya big showoff

• Advertisement

I get paid weekly.... :pac:
    I prefer monthly - means I have to mind my wages and budget

I find I save more than I would if I was paid weekly

So yeah....screw you buddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Screw everybody!
    (Sounds kinda swinger partyish)

PaulieC wrote: »
    I prefer monthly - means I have to mind my wages and budget

I find I save more than I would if I was paid weekly

So yeah....screw you buddy :pac:

really? I actually find it better tbh. Found myself being able to save much better these days, though it does take ages to get used to. Pain in the arse with DDs and standing orders etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I managed not to kill anyone during the fire drill we just had in work.:)
    Everyone made it to the G-spot safe and sound!

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I managed not to kill anyone during the fire drill we just had in work.:)
    Everyone made it to the G-spot safe and sound!

FYP

rarely do i do that, but I lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

FYP

rarely do i do that, but I lol'd
    I have to start reading through my posts before I post them:p

it's funny also, because in my haste to post a funneh, i accidently edited your post (for Mods the button is just beside the quote one), so then I realised and had to go putting it back the way you posted it!

really? I actually find it better tbh. Found myself being able to save much better these days, though it does take ages to get used to. Pain in the arse with DDs and standing orders etc.
    Yeah I get the money in a lump sum and put away a certain amount each month straight away into a deposit account and give myself a certain amount per week to live off.

It makes my plan my expenditure to the point where if I want to buy something I don't say to myself - I've loads in my account but rather, that'll leave me with €x for this week

What it's difficult for is planning trips to Dublin, friends birthdays etc. but in general I'll know about them in advance and plan for them.

it's funny also, because in my haste to post a funneh, i accidently edited your post (for Mods the button is just beside the quote one), so then I realised and had to go putting it back the way you posted it!
    You should've left it to make Kya paranoid that she'd subconsciously typed that without realising :pac:

• Advertisement

ah man, you have no idea the fun that could be had. unfortunately, I'd get my ass sitebanned so quick that it wouldn't be worth the funneh.

anyone else remember Amp?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement