Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'd thank your post if I could, but I don't seem to have the option!

The thank option is only available after you have made 10 posts or something. Basically to stop spammers i think

Anywho back on topic after I completely derailed the thread! How are the injured lads looking for the Clare game does anyone know? Will we have a full strength team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Ah you’ll find somewhere deisedude, I know it’s not the same watching it on the box but look it, you’ll be back for a Munster final! :P
    Didn't know you got upgraded to be a mod on the GAA forum, fair play!

This challenge v Wexford tomorrow should be interesting, I’m hoping to see a big improvement on what we saw in the league games and also a proper game plan, which was not so evident in some of the earlier league games. Having had a few extra weeks, fitness levels should also have come on. Hopefully a few that have been injured with the last while will make an appearance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

Cake Man wrote: »
    Ah you’ll find somewhere deisedude, I know it’s not the same watching it on the box but look it, you’ll be back for a Munster final! :P

This challenge v Wexford tomorrow should be interesting, I’m hoping to see a big improvement on what we saw in the league games and also a proper game plan, which was not so evident in some of the earlier league games. Having had a few extra weeks, fitness levels should also have come on. Hopefully a few that have been injured with the last while will make an appearance too.

where is the challenge being played ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

we still have a lot of improvement to be done.before we can consider getting to the final.clare are an up and coming team,and if we fall asleep during any part of that game we could very well loose it.
    i hear kelly is flying in training.

where is the challenge being played ?

6.30 Walsh Park.
    i hear kelly is flying in training.

If so, we should hopefully see it tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Cheers Cake Man. Bit of a surprise to be asked be a mod. First order of business is to ban all Kilkenny posters!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

Yeah have to agree with ye, it'l be interesting to see how we get on. It's been a few weeks since the end of the league for us anyway, so the panel should be much fitter and well drilled at this time of year compared to how we were in the National League. Will an experimental team be put out or the team that the management have in mind for the Clare match do ye think?

I can't make it to the game, so will whoever is going put up a match report etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Jaysus that's like Julian Walton's " ON THIS DAY" on WLRfm Fair play to ya.

I should of said ray mother and Shane/billy's grandfather are siblings.

Otherwise reasonably accurate.

Should point out I don't have an encyclopaedaic knowledge of hurling,just hurling relatives of note :-)

My Dad talks a lot of hurling,and I often got a lift with my uncle to matches when he was doing the photography (Jim O'Sullivan) Was in the same class as Shane O'sullivan in De La Salle,and on and on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

We'll be missing those who play football tomorrow evening so there will be some degree of experimentation. What I'l be looking for is increased levels of fitness. No dying out towards the end of the game. Looking to see some the players on the fringes show well. Kelly, David o Sullivan, dean, Stephen Daniels, Martin o Neil, paul o brien etc.

I don't think we'll be seeing any of the injured boys tomorrow. Too early for Wayne and richie. Far too early for Noel although what I hear is encouraging. I'll be interested to see if the mahoney's play. I think they have just been getting a well earned rest period so hopefully they've fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

glick6 wrote: »
    We'll be missing those who play football tomorrow evening so there will be some degree of experimentation. What I'l be looking for is increased levels of fitness. No dying out towards the end of the game. Looking to see some the players on the fringes show well. Kelly, David o Sullivan, dean, Stephen Daniels, Martin o Neil, paul o brien etc.

I don't think we'll be seeing any of the injured boys tomorrow. Too early for Wayne and richie. Far too early for Noel although what I hear is encouraging. I'll be interested to see if the mahoney's play. I think they have just been getting a well earned rest period so hopefully they've fresh.

Yeah I fully agree with you. I think it's important the fringe players on the panel get important match time and experience. I'd really like to see Martin O'neill, Paul O'Brien, and Dean Twomey starting. Even though management may not be considering these players In their championship team, it's important they have match time under their belts so as ee have a strong, young bench too look too come Championship, because if there are injuries etc. It won't be as worrying drafting them into the team. I would also like to see increased levels of fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Presumably most of the team will be playing football? Basically everyone thats not from the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

hardybuck wrote: »

Presumably most of the team will be playing football? Basically everyone thats not from the city?

Brick, Shane Walsh, seamus, Jamie nagle. Maybe one or two more. Not that many at all really.

Yeah I fully agree with you. I think it's important the fringe players on the panel get important match time and experience. I'd really like to see Martin O'neill, Paul O'Brien, and Dean Twomey starting. Even though management may not be considering these players In their championship team, it's important they have match time under their belts so as ee have a strong, young bench too look too come Championship, because if there are injuries etc. It won't be as worrying drafting them into the team. I would also like to see increased levels of fitness.

Hard to know whether they will be fringe players or starting even. Very difficult to guess the starting team for championship. I'm undecided whether thats a good or bad thing!!! Totally agree they all need game time

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

A bit of a shock here. Full time. JJ Kavanagh & Sons Sen. F'ball C'ship Stradbally. 0-8 Clashmore/kinsalebeg. 1-9

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

A bit of a shock here. Full time. JJ Kavanagh & Sons Sen. F'ball C'ship Stradbally. 0-8 Clashmore/kinsalebeg. 1-9

I know Clashmore were outsiders going into this game but with the three county starters (patrick connery, fleming and killian o'keeffe) as well as brian o'halloran, tadgh burke and a few more then maybe its not too much of a shock, surprised they're such outsiders for the championship. Well done to them.

Stradbally are not the force of old. Fancy Ballinacourty, Nire, Stradbally and Killrossanty in that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

deisedude wrote: »
    Cheers Cake Man. Bit of a surprise to be asked be a mod. First order of business is to ban all Kilkenny posters!!! :pac:

Proper order! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Any result from Walsh Park tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Waterford won but didn't keep track of the score. A few goals on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dickys Back Garden

Waterford 4-20 to Wexford's 2-16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Results from tonight in the Football Championship:

Group 1:

The Nire 2-10 Gaultier 1-04

Group 2:

An Rinn 3-07 Dungarvan 2-08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Rathgormack 1-10, Ballinacourty 1-7

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

randox wrote: »
    Waterford won but didn't keep track of the score. A few goals on both sides.
    Waterford 4-20 to Wexford's 2-16.

Any idea of who played? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

deise_girl wrote: »
    Any idea of who played? :)

Waterford and wexford.

(sorry. Is that my coat over there?)

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford and wexford.

Da dum dum tisch :D

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford and wexford.

Burrrrrrrrn!
    If I was mod of this forum, such riff raff wouldnt be allowed :P

Waterford 5-20 Wexford 2-15 it finished. I actually thought the performance was fairly average despite racking up a big score, still a lot to improve on. A lot of messing around with the ball and poor options taken. Wexford didn't offer much and gifted us some easy goals.

Team lined out as SOK, John Prendergast (I think), Ringo, Stephen Daniels, David O'Sullivan, Brick, Moran, Martin O'Neill, Dean Twomey, Paul O'Brien, Maurice, E.McGrath, Gavin O'Brien, Kelly, Tommy Ryan. Kelly went off injured and replaced by Shane Casey, Tony replaced DOS late on. Mullane also made an appearance.
    Goals by Ryan, Kelly (pen), Casey, MON (long range free that went all the way) and E.McG. Maurice and a Wex defender sent off near the end but was replaced by GOB as it was only a challenge.

MON did well midfield, T.Ryan caused problems with his pace and scored a nice goal and set another up again from skinning his man. Moran and Brick did well, Ringo solid at FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

another shock tonight.Full time. JJ Kavanagh & Sons Sen. F'ball C'ship Ballinacourty 1-7 Rathgormack 1-10

deise_girl wrote: »
    Burrrrrrrrn!
    If I was mod of this forum, such riff raff wouldnt be allowed :P

Ya those GAA Mods are useless. :pac:

deisedude wrote: »
    Ya those GAA Mods are useless. :pac:

Yup they sure are! If they ever went into the Junior Cert forum they'd learn what modding is all about :P

• Advertisement

Waterford 5-20 Wexford 2-15 it finished. I actually thought the performance was fairly average despite racking up a big score, still a lot to improve on. A lot of messing around with the ball and poor options taken. Wexford didn't offer much and gifted us some easy goals.

Team lined out as SOK, John Prendergast (I think), Ringo, Stephen Daniels, David O'Sullivan, Brick, Moran, Martin O'Neill, Dean Twomey, Paul O'Brien, Maurice, E.McGrath, Gavin O'Brien, Kelly, Tommy Ryan. Kelly went off injured and replaced by Shane Casey, Tony replaced DOS late on. Mullane also made an appearance.
    Goals by Ryan, Kelly (pen), Casey, MON (long range free that went all the way) and E.McG. Maurice and a Wex defender sent off near the end but was replaced by GOB as it was only a challenge.

MON did well midfield, T.Ryan caused problems with his pace and scored a nice goal and set another up again from skinning his man. Moran and Brick did well, Ringo solid at FB.
    Cheers Cakeman, dunno where I(And probs others) would be without you with your reports and news of challenges! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement