Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

blondie7 wrote: »
    Also that Kelly one is shocking, does anyone know if she is even a dub?? Cos that accent is very fake and not like any north side accent I've ever heard.

I guess we won't know until we hear her being interviewed. "I say, this Fair City lark is simply RAVISHING!"

She sounds very believable to me. The character needs a smack, but I think the actress is playing her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Also that Kelly one is shocking, does anyone know if she is even a dub?? Cos that accent is very fake and not like any north side accent I've ever heard.

Was thinking the same thing! Her accent sounds very put on to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

max life wrote: »
    I thought the actress who plays Dearbhla looked very uncomformtable when Philip kissed her.

It's probably due to the fact that in real life she's about 6 years older than him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

RTE have appointed a Commercial Director. Maybe he'll do something about making the early seasons of Fair City available.

http://bit.ly/tvfce2

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sunday 30/10
    Yvonne realises that Suzanne is really down and decides to try and cheer her up. She brings Suzanne to Phelans and tells her that she is going to treat her to a night of nostalgia. Rachel is there with a camping table, chairs and hot chocolate.
    They talk about old times, Helen and how important family is. Damien interrupts the bonding session and the girls leave him and Suzanne alone so they can mend their bridges.
    Meanwhile, Neasa and Wayne chat about Sash and Robert and conspire to get them together. Neasa asks Sash if she'll come to the party and Wayne promises Neasa that he will bring Robert. Dearbhla is shocked when she realises that she invited everyone on her Facebook page to her party, but Neasa tells her not to worry about it. When Wayne invites Lucy to the Halloween party, he is then forced to invite Pete and Dolores as well.
    Later, in the Dillons' household, only four of Dearbhla's friends turn up to the party. Neasa leaves the house and asks Sean and a few others to come over to the party when they finish their shift. But when she arrives back, she is shocked to find a whole host of people in the house and that a party is in full swing. Wayne, Lucy, Sash and Robert arrive and they try their best to break the party up but things go from bad to worse. In the end, Deegan manages to get everyone out and promises that he will not tell their parents.
    When everyone is gone, Neasa and Wayne conspire to get Robert and Sash together. Sash jumps Robert when they are playing blind man's buff but regrets it when Robert is thrown and flees.

Tuesday 01/11
    Tommy and Judith arrive back from their holiday but Neasa is worried that all did not go well as they are very quiet. Judith goes back to work and is really snappy with Jo, giving out to her for not answering calls and leaving her door open. A contrite Judith later apologises to a worried Jo for being irritable, but refuses to discuss why she is in bad form. Jo can't help but worry that it might have to do with her and Tommy.
    As the day continues, Jo answers Judith's phone and learns that Judith has missed her oncology exam. Jo is shocked and is uncomfortable when she has to tell Judith what she knows. Judith refuses to discuss her condition with Jo. Later, Jo feels guilty when Judith begs her not to say anything to Tommy about her appointment with the oncologist.
    Meanwhile, Sash meets Neasa and blames her for persuading her that it was a good idea to kiss Robert. At the same time, Robert tells Dean that he is not ready for another relationship, but Dean tells him not to overanalyse his kiss with Sash. Neasa meets with Sash and tells her that Robert's reservation about being with her stems from his bad experience with his former girlfriend.
    Later, Sash and Robert have an awkward encounter. But because of her bad shoulder she is forced to make an appointment with Robert in the hope that he can fix it. Sash then meets Dean and Leo and warns them to leave her and Robert alone.
    Elsewhere, Cass and the rest of the boys arrive home without 'Snowy' and Cass blames Charlie for breaking the van, claiming that he drove it too hard. Charlie receives a postcard from France and it's from a lady called Angelique, saying that it was lovely to meet him and he 'touched her heart'. Later, Ray looks guilty when Cass blames Charlie for 'trashing' Snowy, and Keith begins to question Ray's strange behaviour.

Wednesday 02/11
    Tommy meets with Jo and tells her that he is determined to find out what is wrong with Judith. Soon afterwards, Neasa informs Tommy that she is really worried about her mum and asks Tommy what is wrong with her. As the day continues, Judith confides in Jo about her concerns and how scared she is. She says that her mum and aunt both died from cancer and she thinks she'll be next.
    Later, Tommy comes to the wrong conclusion and thinks that Judith is acting 'shady' and is having an affair. However, Jo tells Tommy that he needs to talk to his wife. Judith finally comes clean and tells a devastated Tommy that she may have ovarian cancer, as she thinks she has diagnosed all the signs.
    Meanwhile, a nervous Sash tells Neasa that she is thinking of cancelling her physio with Robert, but Neasa persuades her not to. At the same time, Leo and Dean try to allay Robert's concerns about the kiss with Sash. In the end, Sash goes to the surgery as planned and sits down to get her shoulder seen to.
    However, when Robert asks Sash to take off her top so that he can look at her shoulder, she freaks out and leaves. Sash meets Neasa and tells her that she left the surgery as she wasn't wearing the nicest of bras and didn't want to take off her top because of this.
    Elsewhere, it's revealed that Cass is pranking Charlie and the postcard was not from Angelique, but from Cass. Cass pretends to get a phone call from Angelique and tells a frightened Charlie that she is going to fly over to Dublin to meet him. When Charlie discovers this, he decides to get his own back on Cass and raise the stakes when it comes to the prank.
    Also today, Ray admits his guilt about Mr Snowy's demise.

Thursday 03/11
    Judith and Tommy try to keep their news from Neasa, but she gets upset, telling them that she knows something is going on. Jo is relieved that Tommy knows the truth about Judith, but when she meets Tommy, she has mixed feelings when he tells her how sorry he is that he had an affair and that he loves Judith. He tells her that if he gets a chance, he is going to be a good husband from now on.
    Judith comes out of the surgery and she spots Jo and Tommy talking intimately. She gets upset when she hears Tommy's pessimistic words. Judith tells Tommy that she is really angry with him for thinking that she is going to die and giving up on her already. Tommy tries to convince Judith that he will stand by her in sickness and in health.
    Meanwhile, Sash decides to make another appointment with Robert as her shoulder is too sore. Sash goes for her physio and feels an attraction to Robert when he works on her back. Later, Sash and Robert admit they like each other and Sash offers to cook him dinner.
    Elsewhere, Charlie takes his prank up a notch when he pretends that he is going to track Angelique down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I hope Philip isn't gone for good, was a bit of a stupid way for him to leave. Like his mother only lives in Blanchardstown and Carrigstown is near Drumcondra yes?? So would only be about 15/20 minutes away. No need for him to give up his job even!

I believe he is gone for good, total shame as he had potential to be a really good character and didn't get a good enough chance to shine :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Looks to me like they're trying to turn Jo and Dirmit into Pippa and Tom Flecher from years ago on Home & Away. Minus the spotless perfection - but still a bit much!

By the way, I don't have a problem with the actress who plays Kelly. She's alright

What annoys me on how they are on such a cull with the cast, they are letting so many characters that had potential leave :(:(

angel01 wrote: »
    What annoys me on how they are on such a cull with the cast, they are letting so many characters that had potential leave :(:(

And keeping sh*te characters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Holy God - the show is so boring at the moment, I can't even bring myself to stir up enough interest to read the spoilers past Sunday!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It's probably due to the fact that in real life she's about 6 years older than him :D

Has anybody ever played a character that's the same age as them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Richard, Renee, Farrah...what great characters of the past will get a mention tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

When did Deegan get a new job? Was he demoted or something?:confused:

It might have been just my TV but did anyone else notice that the sound was slghtly out of sync with the characters' mouth movements tonight? So annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

It might have been just my TV but did anyone else notice that the sound was slghtly out of sync with the characters' mouth movements tonight? So annoying! :mad:

My sentiments exactly!!!! When did Deegan start wearing a uniform and what did the initials on his uniform lapel stand for????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Not just your TV, mine was the same. I'm raging Philip is gone, he had great potential.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭Alice1

My TV was the same.

Don't know why Deegan (swoon) was wearing an "ordinary" Garda uniform.

Thank God for that! I thought my TV was on the fritz!!

FAIR CITY star Maclean Burke is celebrating becoming a dad for the fourth time. The actor, who plays Damien Halpin in the long-running RTE soap, and his wife Aishling became parents to baby girl Beau. Little Beau arrived into the world on Tuesday, and is little sister to Cillian (10), Jude (9) and Ava (8).

Beau arrived in the same week that Damien signed a new Fair City contract.

"We had a baby girl last Tuesday and we have called her Beau. We've had her after an eight-year gap so it's a big learning curve for us again. We had three kids before now, and they were like stepping stones, you know, the very typical Irish family, they are 10, nine and eight," he said. This time we can probably sit back and enjoy it a little bit more. There's things we definitely forgot about. Like crawling the walls at night-time nappy changes."

Maclean then received news that he would be getting an extended contract for his role on Fair City. In the same week that insurance company Aviva announced they are losing more than 900 staff members, Maclean says he feels lucky to have a job.

"I got the contract the same day Aviva announced it was letting go over 900 people, it's a really sad week for all their employees. Obviously I was delighted for us, money makes the world go round and it's tough at the moment," he said.

"It's perfect timing for us with the baby, it's nice to feel secure. I emailed the bosses back straight away and said said baby Beau is very happy to accept your offer."

My tv too :mad:

I love Damo and Wayne scenes

Wayne would be good with Nessa I think

I don't know about mine... I didn't watch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Mine was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

So no one knows why deegan was in uniform?? Angel??

Fittle wrote: »
    So no one knows why deegan was in uniform?? Angel??

Wasn't it something to do with him suspecting Bob of being involved with yer wan's murder? Didn't Bob make a complaint about Deegan's incompetence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Nearly certain Bob was on verge of making a complaint against him, remember he was piecing together the whole Lana thing etc, Deegan probably still holds the rank of detective but may have been demoted to uniformed duties as disciplinary measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Dearbhla is a decent actress she really should have got a better role than the token schoolgirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Sash can serve me a pint anytime...

Neasa too.... if I lived in carrigstown I'd be all day and night in the station or McCoys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why was Suzanne so annoyed at Damo wanting a divorce? Surely its a logical step if they are never gonna be a couple again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

With regard to Dearbhla and Neasa:

Last year, Doug had a thing for Dearbhla, who had a thing for Avi. Dearbhla was teaching Doug how to drive. Neasa mentioned to Avi that Dearbhla was "barely legal". Therefore, she was 17 last year. However, when Caoimhe, Dearbhla, their Mum, Jo and Orla met for a "Come Dine with Me with a twist" night, Dearbhla wasn't allowed to take alcohol. Surely, given that she taught Doug how to drive last year, Dearbhla ought to have reached 18 by now. This calls the continuity of FC into question.

Furthermore, shortly after Bob revealed his photo of Carol and Louie in the Station, Neasa confessed to Louie that it was her fault that Bob found out about their relationship while Carol was engaged to Christy. Louie essentially told Neasa that he didn't want her to work at McCoy's anymore. Louie and Neasa apparently haven't spoken to each other since. Surely, he's not gonna hold a grudge for that long. Would it not be water under the bridge by now?

Just read on the Fair City Twitter:
    After the abuse he got from Bob, Deegan asked to made community sergeant coz he didn't think he was suited to being detective.

Why not show this then? :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

00052720-545.jpg

Exclusive
    An exclusive sneak peak at the script for Sunday's episode.

SPOILER ALERT
    Dearbhla has somehow convinced Judith to let her have a Halloween party in the house. With Judith and Tommy away, Neasa has promised to supervise but things don't go quite according to plan.
    Things start quietly but when strangers start arriving, Dearbhla figures out she has accidentally made the party a public event on Facebook.

Click here to see an actual page (pdf) from the script or read it in plain text below:

NEASA
    What happened?

DEARBHLA
    They all just turned up. They think we're
    having a rave.

WAYNE
    IMPRESSED.
    This is kicking. Brave move making it public
    on Facebook, though.

NEASA LOOKS AT DEARBHLA,
    OUTRAGED.

DEARBHLA
    I didn't know.

NEASA
    It's cool. We'll just keep it under control.

DEARBHLA
    We can't. I don't know any of them. They're already messing up the kitchen.

WAYNE
    That's always the sign of a good party.

Tune in on Sunday to see what happens next. RTÉ One at 8pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement