Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

After yesterdays awful episode a complete 180! Loved every minute tonight. Yvonne was great ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hitchens wrote: »
    tour de force by Yvonne

Yep great acting from Ciara tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Gutted for Yvonne what a shower of hypocrites . Small wonder Rita confided in only her.
    Wanted to whack bela last few night weeping over missing Rita last minutes. Hated him for laying into cass too.
    Great acting from Yvonne tonight in general she prob is one if better ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

nice_very wrote: »
    anyone else wondering what was under Judiths coat?? I'm trying not too
    Tripp-Black-White-Buffalo-Check-Suspenders-Ruffle-Skirt.jpg

:pac::pac:

Probably Greyie Connors by now :p the little dirty f*cker

Dr. Dillion is acting like a right nympho must be watching too much SATC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Maybe she borrowed Caoimhe's nurses outfit (the one she wore for Dean) :D

As for Darren Doyle, I'd forgotten how easy on the eye he was. Thought Yvonne was brilliant tonight, it's not often I feel sorry for her but I did after that performance. Jeez, the Doyles could keep Jeremy Kyle in business for years !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Never watch FC. Only had it on tonight so I wouldn't forget Operation Transformation. Jeez thought the episode tonight was great! Will watch the next few nights to see how this pans out tho will be a little difficult when you don't know who all the characters are. Will give it a shot tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Note to FC writers: Please give Louises fella his own show, a couple of scenes is not enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

No but I do know that my husband regurgitated his dinner when she said it... then Luke grinning like the cat that got the cream practically running out of the pub after her.

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Note to FC writers: Please give Louises fella his own show, a couple of scenes is not enough

Carrigfornia :p

• Advertisement

what a great episode , so so good , good girl yvonne you tell me

she the only one that helps
    when bella asks his children to stay none on them want to only yvonne does when she over-hears bella saying she the only one good to me shes my rock

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

"we just tag them and bag them" some statement !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

.. then Luke grinning like the cat that got the cream practically running out of the pub after her.

And he left half a pint of beer on the counter, he has his priorities all wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Jimmy isn't back because David Mitchell is an arrogant asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I don't normally watch fair city but dip in and out of it. Tuned in to to see the fall out from rita's death and really glad I did!

I loved the references to the past characters when looking through Rita's address book. ' Mags Kelly, Eunice Phealan, Paddy and Ann Clark. Really good touch. Also when louise was telling her new man about how they used to live in the spar and describing the layout.

But best was all was Yvonne socking it to saint Susanne and self righteous Bela. The script and direction was really spot on, the only blip was Dr Dillon was blackie was that really necessary?!!

If only Fair city could keep this standard up !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

There was a major flaw in the episode tonight - the complete absence of Stephen in McCoys. :mad: An who in God's name was that imposter behind the bar? A pale imitation of Stephen. It's absolutely scandalous the shabby way the best bloody barman in Ireland is treated by the scriptwriters of Fair City :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Good on ya Yvonne!

Poor little Rachel , the eternal victim :rolleyes: Taking the blame for it all as usual :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Just her stethoscope.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

Judith had the Body under the coat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Yvonne gave a great performance at the end
    "seed and breed Da!"

you just knew Yvonne was getting near the end of her tether when she asked for "twenty blue", in Christy's shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Nauseating story with Dr. Dillion & Dillion 2.

wordsmithi wrote: »

Is this FC being politically correct by allowing Judy to be seen to get even with Tommy? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

wordsmithi wrote: »

I wonder will "the kids" ever find out. Hope they do!

And the neighbours ..... would love them to find out too..

I really hate the hypocritical sanctimonious way they go on in public, especially the doc.

Who knows about Tommy and Jo's affair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Pete?
    It seems like a lot of characters are disappearing. Your one Charlotte has vanished and Vivienne reappeared last weeks after being gone for months. Zumo has been on the show 3 times since July. Most characters can be gone for weeks without reference then magically come out of hiding like nothing happened. RTE have no excuses of "budget cuts" because of tommy smashing Luke's Iphone and the brilliantly choreographed fight between Tommy and Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Tonight was great acting. FC shows how the one sibling at home gets all the hard work, expense, no thanks and all the grief. The others wanted Yvonne as the scape goat, so they could go off free as birds again.

Can Caoimhe stop the snarl face and get a clip to get the stringy bit of hair out of her eye. Neasa is so well groomed it really shows her up.

Comforting not to see Maeve these episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

Wow, that was some performance from yvonne. Finally some proper acting in fair city. Well done yvonne

It was odd though...all the frowning rage and hysterical tears and yet her brow remained unfurrowed. Perhaps the years of coke abuse are supposed to have paralysed her forehead. Or it could just be Botox.

My money is on the Botox.

yvonne and bob that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

jluv wrote: »
    Never watch FC. Only had it on tonight so I wouldn't forget Operation Transformation. Jeez thought the episode tonight was great! Will watch the next few nights to see how this pans out tho will be a little difficult when you don't know who all the characters are. Will give it a shot tho:D

No need to remember the characters - the actors use wrong names at times and the writers change the characters to suit the current plot. To further muddy the waters, new actors with no resemblance to the previous ones take over and we are expected not to notice. You might have a character's sexual orientation switch for a few weeks, or they might develop an addiction that lasts a month; after a spell in exile, they come back...with an entirely different face.

The day it makes any sense to me, I'm off to get checked for Alzheimer's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement