Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MD1990 wrote: »
    Bela trying to cry tonight was hillarious
    they should turn fair city into a comedy

It already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jaysus I thought I had seen annoying characters in programmes over the years but that boyfriend that Louise has takes the biscuit.

What an absolute tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Bela is bad enough without this funeral coming up ffs.

I did laugh at Cass' description tho. "She was a HANDSOME woman"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yvonne was the one left at home and she looked after Bela but he is all about Suzanne and Louise when they arrive.

Bit strange Suzanne could be thinking of becoming a councillor considering she is a husband beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I was genuinely confused for a minute when the 2 girls went into the house to Bela and were saying things like "Are you alright?", "What's up Da?", I think Suzanne even said "What's the story?"

.....eh, YOUR MOTHER IS LYING IN A COFFIN IN THE NEXT ROOM?!?! No???

Probably one of the weirdest and worst scenes I've ever seen in anything!

• Advertisement

i think fc writer should re-read all therre scripts last night was oot wtf mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Its so unrealistic that Jimmy couldnt even bother getting off his ass to go to his mothers funeral. They should just have recast him.
    They should have killed Rita off years ago. She has only been in it once in the last 4 years. The actress was annoyed that they killed her off.....she was never coming back anyways-no great loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

padd b1975 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Its jumped in price to 6.95!!

Blatant profiteering.
    Relax people!

Soup and sandwich is now a keenly priced 5.50.

Well done Yvonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ruth is the result of a one night stand between Yvonne and Paul eventually Niamh accepted and adopted her

Louise was nervous she could be next in line for Paul :p
    I logged in especially to thank this post, funniest observation this week. watch out if she comes back as a character the writers should put that is as a story in a year or two, then if he has the, ahem, he could take on susanne and complete the set of Doyle daughters and children. btw what happened to his annoying little kid with nicola?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

In my family we have a "Ryan and Louise couple" but we call them Denise and Dave (Royle Family) and when they're at family get-togethers it's like watching a car crash in slow motion. Their mouths and brains? are not connected.

I'm really looking forward to Ryan and Louise - I hope they give us laugh out loud moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not a regular follower of Fair City at all but got stuck watching it last night while winding a baby.

My main observation would be.....What in the name of holy jeebus is going on in this show????:eek::eek::confused::confused:

Watching it last night was like tuning into some sort of surreal, off-kilter, obscure comedy show (like a cross between Twin Peaks and Little Britain).

Everything was just really really weird....

WTF is yer man doing encouraging his wife to openly lie to their kids and have an affair with his brother?

And the other guy (new fiance of one of the bereaved sisters) - mother of god, he is the worst actor i've ever seen....unless it transpires that his character is an LSD addict who has recently had a full lobotomy.

Having said that I would be curious to see how far they go with this overall bizarro trend...is it always like this or did i just stumble upon a particularly odd episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Did Louise's boyfriend remind anyone else of that fool that worked in the newspaper with Sarah and Barry? Who was it he was going out with? I think it was Niamh's little sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

max life wrote: »
    Its so unrealistic that Jimmy couldnt even bother getting off his ass to go to his mothers funeral. They should just have recast him.
    They should have killed Rita off years ago. She has only been in it once in the last 4 years. The actress was annoyed that they killed her off.....she was never coming back anyways-no great loss!
    They actually.mentioned him and the other brother. So it seems that they will just pretend they were there but nor show them onscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Haven't been watching fc since before christmas, (couldn't stand the thoughts of seeing greyie in his loving ways), but will record last night episode this afternoon. From reading this thread it looks like I missed an award winning episode, not sure if its a golden globe or raspberry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The upcoming story line
    Scruffy Darren and the groomed to perfection Neasa get together:eek::eek:
    the mind simply boggles. This has to be the most far fetched story line the writers have ever come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

cofy wrote: »
    The upcoming story line
    the mind simply boggles. This has to be the most far fetched story line the writers have ever come up with.

Try to remind me who
    is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cofy wrote: »
    The upcoming story line

Has to be better than her with Turlough

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Try to remind me who
    is? :confused:

I didn't know either, but found his credentials here:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity2008/darren.html

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

iceblue wrote: »
    t if only yvonne is left out of a big gang of kids says something to me about what sort of parents bella and rita where?....

as far as I remember Rita was sound enough..Bella Was a philanderer who couldn't keep it in his pants ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Can't believe that Stephen didn't get a mention in the nominations for the IFTAs

We should see if we can.

#welovestephenthebarmaninmccoys

Get on Twitter and make it happen,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm glad Cass is staying

And I think it is safe to say Bela was lying no way Rita would have got on and liked Esther :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

I think we can all agree on one thing - there's an AWFUL lot wrong with Fair City at the moment . Very broadly due to

(a) so many of the characters being off at any one time

(b) the character's "character" not being respected ie morphed crudely to fit the story-line

(c) daft actions or inactions by characters that don't make sense full stop .

Even if the above was sorted out there's lots of wasted opportunities :

Carol is staying with the Zumo and Deco - classic stuff possible - comedy , insight by Carol into their lives as her back-round was similar . Baby Jack liking Deco . Zumo vs Deco on the whole going straight scenario . Carol get job working for Chariot ??

Carol and Deegan romantically - okay it was done a bit with Tracey but that was years ago . He may be able to help her track down Louis - there's no word on him paying any child maintainance for Jack . Big issue out there . Carol and Bob is a no-no as shes already been with the shopkeeper and the publican - what next Yvonne ???

While the Dillons as a family are a spent force the medical centre is going to waste . Its only real use for the last year is to provide a home for the problems of Vivienne, Caoimhe and Judith because they work there ! The medical dilemmas a doctor faces every day are being totally ignored with us rarely if ever seeing Judith interact with the characters as their doctor . I didn't think much of "The Clinic" but they made a whole series from one such building .

Fair City has always had a twenty-something house share but this is being neglected lately . We haven't seen Wayne at home with Laura/Damien since Lucy left really and Sean's disappearance and Finn leaving suddenly means we never see their house share . There hasn't been one scene Neasa having to share with grumpy Caoimhe just reports at the "Dillon place" Surely there's loads of story potential being wasted ???

Ester and Charlie ??? I could go on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Bit strange Suzanne could be thinking of becoming a councillor considering she is a husband beater.

:D

"Interesting dilemma. Have you tried hitting him repeatedly in the face with an iron?"

Looks like the next big storyline could be Yvonne taking to the bottle.

Looks like the next big storyline could be Yvonne taking to the bottle.

Vino's becomes Wino's ? :D

Actually didn't she have a drink problem before ?

sffc wrote: »
    Vino's becomes Wino's ? :D

Actually didn't she have a drink problem before ?
    She had a cocaine habit some years back.

That must have been when Vino's was Lino's ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

And if I remember rightly, she was involved in some kind of a car accident with some bloke when on the cocaine , but scarpered off to Australia. She was missing from FC for a long time and eventually came back with her girlfriend...no mention or reference to the accident since. :mad:

That's FC for ya :rolleyes:

And if I remember rightly, she was involved in some kind of a car accident with some bloke when on the cocaine , but scarpered off to Australia. She was missing from FC for a long time and eventually came back with her girlfriend...no mention or reference to the accident since. :mad:

That's FC for ya :rolleyes:

From the RTE website :
    Yvonne has never been the quiet one of the Doyle household, and she could never be accused of being the sensible daughter. It was inevitable that Yvonne would create a stir when she arrived back in Carrigstown last year for her husband Mike's funeral. And she didn't disappoint!
    Of all her siblings, Yvonne's most tempestuous relationship continues to be with her younger sister Suzanne. But she has never given the men in her life an easy time, either. Yvonne cheated on her husband Mike Gleeson with Richard Ashton, and when she became pregnant with Richard's baby, tried to convince Mike the child was his. But before the baby was born, Yvonne & Richard fled the country, after being involved in a car accident which put a young girl into a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Will Robin be back for the funeral of her ex mother in law?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement