Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

What can be said about tonights episode, from Louises Fr. Dougal lookalike boyfriend to Ritas coffin which looked like a Ferrero Rocher wrapper. As for Leos song playing in the background to images of Judys affair with Luke with Tommy waiting at home for her, I half expected to see Louise raving with Ryan and his mates "Anto" and "Flick" while Leo was still singing

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

nice_very wrote: »
    just seen there that Bob Charles is doing a prog on the tenements on tv3 tonight if anyone interested

He also does a bit of moonlighting as a dj on RTe radio 1 at the weekend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Geri Male wrote: »
    The actress who plays the horribly ugly Maeve is on Facebook. Should I post up the link or is inappropriate?

Dont be a muppet :mad:

omg jo move over cas lousie boyfriend is the most annoying character ever some feckin eejit he is

what was that business he wanted to start up buff beauty (give me strenght)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

He probably hasn't even noticed the Lousie changeover yet, as long as he can see himself reflected in her eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Luke is so slimy.

...AND if someone took a drink out of my hand I would not be impressed.

I thought Leo singing was a really nice touch.

so we like singing leo just no guitar leo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Ritas coffin which looked like a Ferrero Rocher wrapper.

Observation of the episode :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ryan's two late http://buff-beauty.com/

I'm lost for words at tonight's episode.I don't where to start :o

I was hoping Rita's bell would ring at the end when Bella (Carrigstowns original dirty little terrier) was standing at the door way. Ding Ding

I hope Wayne give's Ryan a job in the garage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Ryan to Bella...'sorry to hear about your wife...bummer....'

Yvonne after Suzanne says Louise hasn't gone in to see 'ma'.....'well she's not exactly goin anywhere is she!?'

A sensitive lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Jean Costelloe didn't want Rita to be killed off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Worst acting ever in tonight's episode. I expected them to push the boat out, what with Rita being one of the original characters and all that. Yet, all that managed to come to her wake, were Paul, Niamh, Charlie, Esther and Dolores - and the song from Leo in the half empty pub. The new Louise is terrible - the character's reaction was completely unbelievable and unrealistic. She bounded in to Bela's with a big smile on her face: 'Are ya alright, Da?'
    'Your ma is lying in her coffin in the next room - but apart from that, I'm grand - never better' - which is what he should have said, in reply to such a daft question. Do the FC writers seriously expect us to believe that a girl who was close to her ma and hasn't seen her in years, is going to react in such a 'couldn't care less' manner to her death? As for that boyfriend - well - that's just taking the p*** entirely. No - one is that thick or insensitive in real life. Speaking of Ryan, does anybody else think he looks and acts like Duncan - Catriona Cassidy's layabout boyfriend, who worked at the Northside Post with Sarah and Barry?

laylag wrote: »
    Ryan to Bella...'sorry to hear about your wife...bummer....'

Yvonne after Suzanne says Louise hasn't gone in to see 'ma'.....'well she's not exactly goin anywhere is she!?'

A sensitive lot!

this upset my dad he lost his sister a few weeks ago

as for ryan he gonna be in it for awhile also :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

omg probably one of the worst episodes ive ever seen. apart from yvonne whose always brilliant. little louise faux pas, she looks just like you yvonne, was the best line of the show. suzanne came in bursting with excitement with a big grin on her face and for a minute i just thought they'd come home as a conincidence and didnt know 'ma' was dead?... and she said something like 'what's up dad' ?. ???? whats up. did she not know ?... but the open coffin in the new room we've never seen before? thats usually where you put washing machines and hang up the washing if its raining in little side rooms off the kitchen not the ma's coffin? who does that these days? open coffins?.... and leo singing in the pub do people really do that ? in dublin? i dont think so. its not strumpet city. its 2013. ive spent my life trying to shake of all these stupid irish myths and over in fair city they are trying to reinforce them. louis going clubbing with her boyfriend the night before her ma's funeral is probably more realistic of life nowadays. sitting up all night with an open coffin in the scullary isnt. imo. maybe outside dublin, no offense. but not north innercity?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Louise: "She looks a lot like you Yvonne"

Most awkward 45 seconds in the history of Fair City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Louise: "She (Ruth) looks a lot like you Yvonne"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mloc123 wrote: »
    What excuse was given for Jimmy not coming home?

Too busy working in a bar in America :p

The worst part of tonight's show was the scenes between Judith and Greyie Connors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Louise: "She looks a lot like you Yvonne"

Laughed out loud alright! Comedy gold tonight for most of the episode.

The new Louise and her fella belong on Tallafornia :p

• Advertisement

Is Ruth not Niamhs so ?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is Ruth not Niamhs so ?

Ruth is the result of a one night stand between Yvonne and Paul eventually Niamh accepted and adopted her

Louise was nervous she could be next in line for Paul :p

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Is Ruth not Niamhs so ?

Paul and Yvonne had a one night stand a while back. Yvonne got pregnant and gave the bay to Niamh and Paul. Yvonne has nothing to do with the child.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ruth is the result of a one night stand between Yvonne and Paul eventually Niamh accepted and adopted her

Louise was nervous she could be next in line for Paul :p

Did some like that happen Helen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

From what I remember of the previous incarnation of Louise, she was a reasonably sensible kid. But since the head transplant (which by the way must contain a pea sized brain:rolleyes:), she is a complete ninny. Imagine going out clubbing or whatever on the night your mam is laid out dead at home !! Completely unrealsistic scenario from the FC writers :mad:

I have to say though that Bella's display of grief had us laughing here..sorry to have to say it in the circumstances , but we couldn't help it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

this upset my dad he lost his sister a few weeks ago

as for ryan he gonna be in it for awhile also :mad:

Oh no. The worst actor I think I've ever saw on fair city. It was painful watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

in fairness to the writers, i thin k the fact that louise has been 'away' for a few yrs and hasnt been home etc, would mean that she doesnt really care that much that her ma is dead.hense her manic happiness and going clubbing. people generally emigrate to escape their suffocating families, althougth many give economic reasons for the reason they emigrate! i didnt watch fc then. so dont know anything about the old louise. but if only yvonne is left out of a big gang of kids says something to me about what sort of parents bella and rita where?....

Did some like that happen Helen?

Paul was with the oldest Doyle daughter Helen who is Rachel's mother but she died and I think she was the real love of Paul's life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wow, where did they get those new actors from tonight??? Sometimes I think the Fair City writers need a good kick up the backside for such stupidly inane casting, not to mention the appalling writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bela trying to cry tonight was hillarious
    they should turn fair city into a comedy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement