Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Epicurus wrote: »
    Has Sarahs father been mentioned yet. Wasn't he in it before; around the time she was with Rory. Some associate of Sylvester Garrigan I think?

I think the mother said he was in Abu Dhabi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 los5845

Does anyone else think Fair City are using some kind of roster system for the actors?? It seems to me that they use one half of the cast for awhile then the other, and maybe thats why we dont see certain characters for AGES??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

los5845 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Fair City are using some kind of roster system for the actors?? It seems to me that they use one half of the cast for awhile then the other, and maybe thats why we dont see certain characters for AGES??

Makes sense as a business why half the cast are only seen. But it seems illogical in a soap. I presume we are to assume that the unseen cast are still going about their daily routine in carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

I think Yvonne is brilliant. Really like her in it, she plays the part well and is defo my fave girl. My fave male is Christy for same reason.. really great actors!

Is Bob and ur wan turning anybody elses stomach? All she seem to be thinkin about is who she'll be getting the leg over next!! Hussy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

sue z wrote: »
    Is Bob and ur wan turning anybody elses stomach? All she seem to be thinkin about is who she'll be getting the leg over next!! Hussy! :)
    Yeah i agree with you. She is showing very little emotion about Sarah's death. She is a man-eater. She tried it on with Barry the first time she was in FC. Now she is after Bob....there is a name for women like her !!!

• Advertisement

nothing wrong with wanting a bit of nookie from time to time but this is a whole new level considering the circumstances! she'd get up on a gust of wind!!!

i bet she could teach sinead o'connor a thing or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Ahhhhhh dont start thinking the plotlines through, and trying to make sense of the scripts... that just spoils it.. :(

Well, in fairness, I wasn't thinking out the stroyline. It's just something that stuck out at me like a sore thumb!
    angel01 wrote: »
    I am thinking they believe they are linked and that there could have been a link there and that Bob could have made Barry do it... who cares in the end of the day, it is all good entertainment :D

Well the Gardai feel there is a link there since Finn went to them with a forged note that origionally came from Barry! But the Bishop's have no idea that Deegan has information about a connection, yet it's presented as if they do! All it would have taken to fill the gap would have been for one of them to overhear someone in the station mention Finn's to the Gardai.

I hate to see logical gaps - it just reeks of the half-arsed effort to think stuff out that we see on Fair City too regurarly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

los5845 wrote: »

a lot of the cast are also involved in other projects, such as their own acting schools (Jo has her own acting school), actor who plays Keith works a lot in the States, they also are in theatre a lot so they get written out quite a bit.

They have other commitments and FC can't pay huge wages to cover all their expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

The one who plays Jo has an acting school?

Jesus. Imma open my own acting school too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I remember reading somewhere that the cast are given 12week contracts at a time which is then renewed as needed. Hence once one actor has a big storyline they'll disappear off screen for weeks then come back. Also heard wages are poor!

• Advertisement

Oh no you DI'NT!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Laois_Man wrote: »
    How do the Bishop's know Deegan has connected the counterfeit money to Sarah's death and that finding some counterfeit notes in Bob's house is gonna frame him on Sarah's murder?

Have I missed something?
    Or is it another huge hole in a Fair City storyline?

Either is quite possible.

They know from reading the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    They know from reading the script.

LMAO!!!

Deleted the episode off sky plus i was gonna watch it back and find out, but didn't deegan mention something to denzo about the laundered money?

Angel don't you think this is getting a little boring? I'm simply stating her character isn't very nice, isn't that the way the writers want her portrayed?? Really don't know what your problem is with me you don't know me!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think the mother said he was in Abu Dhabi

You'd think the news of his daughter's murder might have encouraged him to get off his arse and fly home for a few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Had to laugh when Sash was asking Denzo a question and Decco called Denzo. Sash answered with words like "What is he your lapdog". The dim Denzo and the sharper Decco are hilarious at the moment. I have to say I am enjoying this storyline and despite Decco's obviously criminal connections and behaviour I think I am finding this character to be very interesting to watch. I'd like to see Wayne and Decco in some scenes together. I think that there would be great scope for comedy with these two characters. I also enjoy watching Yvonne, Carol, Orla and Sash on screen too. Bob Charles is a complex character and Bryan Murray as always gives a brilliant performance playing his characters. I think Fair City has been very entertaining all week.
    I hope that the show will continue to be interesting to watch on the winter nights ahead.

I think Fair City is brilliant entertainment at the moment, I think Barry is playing the role superby and giving a very accurate picture of why he did what he did and the reasons behind it... he is brilliant at the moment!

I think Denzo has actually stepped up and a lot of the faces he pulls, make him look so scared that it shows how much fear and worry that he is dealing with...

Decco is one of my favourite characters, I think he is superb and one of the best in the show for me. I enjoy any of the scenes he is in...

Wayne is fantastic, he has a natural wit and charm and can do serious stories, funny stuff but I would like him to get a decent story of his own, hopefully one that can include Dolores because I love their scenes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

C-J: No more libelous comments about Fair City actors please. Thread cleaned up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Can you get the fair city repeat episodes on the rte player website? I wont be home during the week and i probably wont be near a tv and i need my fair city fix.

• Advertisement

Can you get the fair city repeat episodes on the rte player website? I wont be home during the week and i probably wont be near a tv and i need my fair city fix.

Unfortunately not :( I have a recordable box with UPC which is a lifesaver...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    The one who plays Jo has an acting school?

Jesus. Imma open my own acting school too.

She used to have an ad for it on the radio a few years ago. Her own voice but with a faux American accent, very funny to listen to, I thought it was part of gift grub at one stage. Can't believe her "academy" is still going :eek:

I read the academy website, and not gonna lie, I'd actually sounds really cool. >_<

I remember when I used to go to school (which is not that long ago) Jimmy and Wayne were best buddies. Lorraine had a crush on Jimmy as my friend also did too! Great to see that Victor Burke came back to the role of a character I think delivers some of the best of comic dialogue. Hope the actor stays in the role for a very long time to come.
    I'm glad to see that another Fair City fan shares my appreciation of the character. Thanks Angel.

I seriously loved Jimmy. And the random drug dealer that was played by Eoin Macken. Eoin Macken really needs to return. He can just stand there, in the nip. Ratings would soar. :D

I fancied Jimmy for ages and he used to catch the same bus as me (number 10 bus) when i was heading to school (presumably he was heading to RTE) and I was starstruck :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What a Joke, Finn would not have the pub unless he won the 50K off of Dean and now he is worried that he has no money to fall back on if he losses the pub, well if he lost the pool match then it would of cost him 50k but he didnt and won 50k so all i all that is a turnaround of 100k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Sash has just turned into Katherine Lynch! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Sash has just turned into Katherine Lynch! :eek:

Sash has terrible dress sense. She was trying to dress like a bar manager...dressed more like a clown :P

• Advertisement

Poor old Bob. He must have got a huge shock when Deegan arrived into work to arrest him. Wayne as usual was quite funny to watch especially when he was convinced that Neasa would agree with him about Finn's behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement