Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

angel01 wrote: »
    Jennifer moved to Galway (actress left on maternity leave I believe) and Ian was moved to another station...

Cheers Angel. Good to see you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Who lived in the Bishops house before the Bishops. My memory is a bit fuzzy on this one as I keep thinking it was Brendan and Heather but I know they lived in Deloras's flat. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why would Carol and Louie spend over a month away from the bar?
    I thinks its the first time i have seen Louie going for the casual look....never seen him without the suit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Who lived in the Bishops house before the Bishops. My memory is a bit fuzzy on this one as I keep thinking it was Brendan and Heather but I know they lived in Deloras's flat. :confused:

I think it was Ken and Deirdre (not the Corrie pair), Dermot's brother and his girlfriend who was pregnant with Ben at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

how can you smile while telling someone that your son died?? :confused:

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    I think it was Ken and Deirdre (not the Corrie pair), Dermot's brother and his girlfriend who was pregnant with Ben at the time.

Thanks. That's right, it was Ken, the chef. I remember now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Louis' stomach pains... I'm guessing Couvade Syndrome...

come on people, anybody gonna back against me ??... (btw, Couvade Syndrome is commonly known as sympathetic pregnancy..)

hahaha carol & sash rippin the piss.. that was hilarious!! :D

I was wondering how long it would take for Sarah's mother to make a move on Bob, considering she's been in Carrickstown for a few days now. She only knew Barry for 5 minutes before she wanted to jump in the sack with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Deegan discussing possible suspects at the counter in a pub.:eek:

If Bob was an accomplice and behind them at that moment, he'd be out the door booking the next flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Tought that was 'unusual' for Deegan to discuss the suspects like that at the bar. Also Rebecca's half smiling and not very upset after literally finding out Sarahs dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Why was Neasa having a full blown conversation when she supposedly had a supplier on the phone :confused:
    And The supplier surely would have heard Finn talking and known he was there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why was Neasa having a full blown conversation when she supposedly had a supplier on the phone :confused:

meh.. I had a lot of hope for that sentence.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I loved Neasa's idea of wearing a bikini in The Station....;)

Rebecca is not showing much grief, is she?

Why had Bob got a smirk on his face for most of the episode? Even talking about his son drowning, he was smiling :confused:

meh.. I had a lot of hope for that sentence.. :(

Reminds me of her time with Finn and those noises she was making;)

come on people, anybody gonna back against me ??... (btw, Couvade Syndrome is commonly known as sympathetic pregnancy..)

I think it's just Manflu. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Noone did, Eileen's place was supposedly torched and she got that house from the council. She then moved Vivienne & Charlotte in afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Deegan is brutal!

jos28 wrote: »
    Noone did, Eileen's place was supposedly torched and she got that house from the council. She then moved Vivienne & Charlotte in afterwards!

Thanks angel. It really is very like the house that Ken lived in. (the same set being reused maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm 99% sure that it is the same house, I remember admiring the kitchen and fireplace.
    Have a look at this photo and see what you all think

https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/result.html?_IXFIRST_=26&_IXSR_=1g1dYWWYcWk&_IXMAXHITS_=1&_IXACTION_=query&_IXSPFX_=templates/large_popup_&_IXFPFX_=templates/large_popup_

• Advertisement

sue z wrote: »
    Deegan is brutal!

Ah that's not fair. I thought he was very good in this at least:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

The person who writes the dialogue for Wayne is very talented. I find Wayne to be an interesting character. He often gives me a great laugh at the things he says. I enjoy
    watching the way Finn, Wayne and Nessa interact with each other. Enjoyable viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Rebecca is not reacting in an extremely emotional manner as I would have expected. It
    would make me have a nervous breakdown if I was informed that my daughter's body had been buried in the mountains by a friend who was involved in her tragic death. Even if my relationship had been strained, I think I would be inconsolable and depressed. Perhaps, it will be apparent if the case comes to the courts. There must be a reason behind it. She is coping too well which is hard to understand. Perhaps, some people are shallow and not bothered. I don't think I have met such people so I don't really understand this LACK of sorrow.

I am afraid last night was weak, Bob was like a cheshire cat smirking through telling about his son, what was that about? :confused: I normally think Bob is superb but that was a very poor scene.

As for her mother, she is hardly grieving, first she strolls into Carrigstown trying to find Sarah, tries to hop into bed with Barry (so much concern for her daughter :rolleyes:) then when she finds out she has been murdered, she is all over Bob... :eek:

Very unrealistic and who the hell drew that picture of Sarah on the wall... it is dire and if I was her, I would be insulted :D

On the upside, Wayne was brilliant, I can't get enough of watching him in the soap, he is brilliant and a fantastic actor.

Very unrealistic and who the hell drew that picture of Sarah on the wall... it is dire and if I was her, I would be insulted :D

haha i noticed that as well! could have been the same person who drew this:

http://jbredrebel.tumblr.com/post/9679351751/funnyordie-7-awesomely-creepy-pieces-of-fan-art

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Barry was the only one who saved this weeks episodes. The interrogation scenes are embarrassingly bad, ie. Deegan and the other cop. The innterrogation room is so basic, no recording equipment. I thought all Garda interviews/interrogations were now recorded and filmed, for future evidence and possible trial. As for Louie, I'm thinking he might need to have his appendex removed! I really hope he has a medical condition to explain the stomach paions, cramps etc. No mention how they did in the tidy towns competition! The place looks no different now than it did before Joe and Tommy started the "clean-up". I think Bob smiling when he talked about his dead son was basically Bob masking his sadness at his loss. That's Bobs way of coping with it. As for Rebecca, the woman is showing no emotion at all. Any parent would be so distraught at the loss of their child, especially in such circumstances. Very poor episodes this week.

rogercar wrote: »
    As for Louie, I'm thinking he might need to have his appendex removed! I really hope he has a medical condition to explain the stomach paions, cramps etc.

Cant get the image out of my head of louie on the operating table with Joey the serial killer from Shortland Street performing the surgery.

I have enjoyed this weeks episodes and can't wait to see how it all pans out for Denzo and the Bishops, the scenes look great!

I have enjoyed Barry as usual and he is doing a fab job with this storyline and showing a great side to his character. I have enjoyed Deegan in the interview room with Barry but his sidekick is poor to say the least :o

Cant get the image out of my head of louie on the operating table with Joey the serial killer from Shortland Street performing the surgery.
    Shortland Street! Now that is a classic soap! And yeah I will miss Joey.

• Advertisement

I have enjoyed this weeks episodes and can't wait to see how it all pans out for Denzo and the Bishops, the scenes look great!

I have enjoyed Barry as usual and he is doing a fab job with this storyline and showing a great side to his character. I have enjoyed Deegan in the interview room with Barry but his sidekick is poor to say the least :o
    Hi Angel01. Welcome back. You were missed. I suppose in fairness the actors concerned can only work with what they are given. I like Deegan, but discussing the case so openly in the local pub with one of the Bishops behind the bar and in earshot! Not very believeable! And yeah I really like all the Bishops. As I have said before any episode that has even one of the Bishops in it, is good,so I am a very happy camper when all the Bishop clan are in it. Long live the Bishops! Let's hope Paddy soon gets released!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement