Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Surely Barry should have been put on trial by now.
    He has been. It wasn't shown. Vivienne told Niamh, in an argument, that Niamh had ruined Barry's reputation. Niamh said that Barry would be drinking in McCoy's if the Bishop brothers hadn't persecuted him. Vivienne asked sarcastically if illegally selling cigarettes is on the same level as manslaughter.

The possibility remains that Barry will return. Therefore, the length of his sentence has not been revealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh dear me, that didn't last very long...
    it will be just like every other Fair City story, ebbing and flowing. They will row, make up, row, make up, row, make up, not be seen for a week, row, make up....

• Registered Users Posts: 54,727 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh dear me, that didn't last very long...

Wait for it, next week they'll be in bed together. It's soapland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Can't believe that Zak and his unmoving arms have left to go to Kilkenny....

It was amazing to see both limbs move when Caoimhe gave him a hug.

This could open up a whole new world of opportunity for him. Just think of the possibilities.

It might also cheer him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    'Half the class thinks dad was with a man because her name is Jo' I give up, the scriptwriter are taking the michael now!

I'm laughing cos I could totally see how that could happen with the teenage rumour mill. Motto often being why let the truth get in the way of a good story. Thought it was comic genius myself......
    But what a Pr**&K Tommy to say 'So you really are abandoning family' to Zac
    :mad: he really has no concept of personal responsibility or cause and effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Well, Zak did call him a DIRT BIRD!!!!

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Well, Zak did call him a DIRT BIRD!!!!

also had me laughing:D. If Zac's charchter got a chance intead of always being in room studying or at training, he could be an excellent charachter

Bit harsh to fire the kid after that 'fat tart' comment, wasnt it. I know it was ad libbed but it was realistic in its application. Such wonderful method actors should be praised for their talents, not villified. On the upside hollywood beckons so thats something for him to be cheerful about.

Bit harsh to fire the kid after that 'fat tart' comment, wasnt it. I know it was ad libbed but it was realistic in its application. Such wonderful method actors should be praised for their talents, not villified. On the upside hollywood beckons so thats something for him to be cheerful about.

seriously was he fired???:eek:

Lisha wrote: »
    seriously was he fired???:eek:

yep, well he accepted he had to go, got a 5 figure release fee compensation. The public vitriole was too much

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

is it wrong to think that Rachel will turn out to be a hot bit of stuff in the future:)

yep, well he accepted he had to go, got a 5 figure release fee compensation. The public vitriole was too much

am in shock, surely the person that edited or approved the edited version is more culpable. It's not like it's a live show. It's on a 3-6week lead time surely.... that's mad, where's mailbag when you need it:confused:

Off to google in case you're messing and I,ve made a twit of myself

Lisha wrote: »
    am in shock, surely the person that edited or approved the edited version is more culpable. It's not like it's a live show. It's on a 3-6week lead time surely.... that's mad, where's mailbag when you need it:confused:

Off to google in case you're messing and I,ve made a twit of myself

bit late for google, im afraid.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    is it wrong to think that Rachel will turn out to be a hot bit of stuff in the future:)

considering you are 29 years of age, yeah. We saw what happened to Barry o Hanlon, didnt we.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

a new version of zac will return in a few months or a year and he will be a real menace, worse than the bishops. maybe the producers saw all the awful reviews of the poor lads inability to act on the boards and dumped him.
    i hate orla's character , i dont know why she's there. only the other day she said she had only two euro left but she has spent everyday since in the pub or the hungrypig. also why would she want to hang around with dermish and his little brat,

bit late for google, im afraid.

:o my trusting nature lets me down again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Bit harsh to fire the kid after that 'fat tart' comment, wasnt it.
    How do you know he was fired?

i assume he was 'zaced' also. even for fair city he was bad. it is a very common tactic to send off youngones for a few months and they usually return much better looking ( ben from eastenders would be an exception to this rule)
    i also thought the'they think jo is a man' line hilarious.

aw poor kid got sacked really he not meant to be a actor tho

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

What does ad libbed mean?

• Advertisement

it means making the lines up on the spot............i'd say the scripts in faitcity are so bad that this happens quite a lot

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

branie wrote: »
    It looks like Dermot and Orla are friends again
    He should let her move in to cook meals and shag:eek: I think Orla looks hot sometimes.She pulled her jeans up Sunday as they were falling off and something stirred :eek:
    Decco should rob the Spar shop i am sick of looking at all the chocolate on the counter at the till...I am on a diet here ffs they keed making me want chocolate..:pac:

As for Zac dont you get a wooden spoon in Rugby when you win?Well he is a wooden spoon....
    Tommy the Ram flirting selling his veg to the blonde at the market ha ha she was like 18 and he says "remember in the old days when veg was veg" WTF is he on about..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16 lisaclareob

I have to say Dermot's really getting on my nerves lately with all his jumping about and getting angry all the time. Especially last night, sure all Orla did was try to help!
    Anyone else notice this wide-eye thing Dermot does when he's mad? Personally, I think it's getting overused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Anyone see the old mark halpin on Britains got talent now. He was getting through to the next round but found out he was contracted to the voice of Ireland . They had to let him go , funny thing is I dont think the voice of Ireland even wanted him .
    I think we need to set up a release Barry Halpin campaign just like deirdre rashid , everyone needs to go get a pencil and write it on their toilet wall . Itll snowball from there.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Anyone see the old mark halpin on Britains got talent now. He was getting through to the next round but found out he was contracted to the voice of Ireland . They had to let him go , funny thing is I dont think the voice of Ireland even wanted him .
    I think we need to set up a release Barry Halpin campaign just like deirdre rashid , everyone needs to go get a pencil and write it on their toilet wall . Itll snowball from there.

1. The kid did get through., 2. Its Barry O Hanlon., 3. Get your facts right, this is Fair City, not some dumb , badly acted show with unrealistic and predictable storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

People always are mean to me I think I need a new name :(
    A fresh start , a move to Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Tommy throwing the Pear to Zach was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

MJ23 wrote: »
    Tommy throwing the Pear to Zach was hilarious.

Pity it didnt bounce off his 'special area'.
    Dermot is really getting on my wick too, the way he overreacted with Orla plus when he overheard Keith about the car. What a wimp!

Phew rant over!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ben must be the most irritating child actor since Dakota Fanning. It may sound horrible but I kinda wish Neasa actually did reverse over him some months ago. :pac:
    And it looks like we're going to have endure more of his "acting" this week. :(

• Advertisement

i also thought the throwing the pear was hilarious and zac akwardly throwing the leeks on the ground. ben is a total pain in the arse and reminds me of a billy barry kid which is why i can't see why orla has become so attached to the little fooker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement