Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

:eek: april fools ? Jo is apparantly sueing Fair City over the slur against her body shape after Zacs rant :rolleyes:

eh, its May?! Yeah, she is. Floods of complaints went in and she was kind of put under pressure from womens groups to respond. Fair city producer apologised via 1 o clock news today but claimed it was an ad libbed line.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MJ23 wrote: »
    When does Barry o Hanlon come back? The filming for the new Batman film finished in November. He should surely be back by now.

When he can escape prison :p

Surprised Decco didnt run into Barry when he was inside

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    eh, its May?! Yeah, she is. Floods of complaints went in and she was kind of put under pressure from womens groups to respond. Fair city producer apologised via 1 o clock news today but claimed it was an ad libbed line.

no way any link to read more on this lol

your having me on arent ya

if true omg over sentative much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

There was nothing on the 1 o clock news on RTE about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

cloptrop wrote: »
    loved when zac called fahey a fat cow, apart from that his acting is poo.

This is hilarious a bunch of women giving out about a teenage boy calling someone a Fat Tart.

Some of the lines in soap are great

"when my dad cheated with my aunt" :(

"Dermot and that Fat Tart Did"

Adlibed from

"Dermot split up with that voluptuous smart and sexy fox, if I was my father I would have had her, I hate him".

He is not the greatest actor, they change his actor? and made him older?

• Advertisement

no way any link to read more on this lol

your having me on arent ya

if true omg over sentative much

no link, just heard it about all complaints on the radio and a short apology on rte radio 1 lunchtime news. Obviously, the actress , if pursuing a complaint, wont comment yet. Type it into google, 'fat tart in fair city'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

no link, just heard it about all complaints on the radio and a short apology on rte radio 1 lunchtime news. Obviously, the actress , if pursuing a complaint, wont comment yet. Type it into google, 'fat tart in fair city'

Tried that this is all I get :confused:

00031881-279.jpg

Elmo wrote: »
    Tried that this is all I get :confused:

00031881-279.jpg

i google fat tart in fair city and your post came up lol

if true just some old biddies complain to joe on the radio

and joe goes (yeah yea oh i know yeah yea)

if the actress makes a cliam my god its about her character not her

since eastenders & corronation street have gone live and emmerdale doing live anyone like fair city to go live

plus i like orla shes brings fun to the show

Look at the comments and jibes made about Heather the character in Eastenders even after she was murdered they still continued in the show

Zac said what any teenager his age would have said about the one shagging his daddy it was about the character not the actress

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Look at the comments and jibes made about Heather the character in Eastenders even after she was murdered they still continued in the show

Zac said what any teenager his age would have said about the one shagging his daddy it was about the character not the actress

thats what i said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Zach has never been outside of Dublin 4 in his life. I'd say he has never even heard of Kilkenny. He's like a younger version of Ross O Carroll Kelly. "I wunt to play rugby mum" The 'fat tart' line last night was funny.

thats what i said

FC keep it far too PG Zac's whole bit should have loads of beeps :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FC keep it far too PG Zac's whole bit should have loads of beeps :p

just confirmed on teletext. Doesnt look like we will see Jo again!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fif

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Leave Whop out of it.......

Did Jimmy (Harry and Dolores' son) die? If not they should bring him back for when Wayne and Lucy split so that Wayne has a real pal there for him.

As for the fat comment, WOW!! WOnder if that was ad libbed.

Jimmy is Rita and Bela's son, he is in Australia. Harry and Dolores' son IS Wayne!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

It was nice to see my alma mater get a mention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

no link, just heard it about all complaints on the radio and a short apology on rte radio 1 lunchtime news. Obviously, the actress , if pursuing a complaint, wont comment yet.

What time was this on radio ? Don't want to have to listen to the entire podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

What time was this on radio ? Don't want to have to listen to the entire podcast.

I'm fairly sure Gibbon is just joking about this being a news item!!!! :rolleyes: :P

Breaking news : She has accepted that zach was right to call her a fat tart. Alls ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Elmo wrote: »
    He is not the greatest actor, they change his actor? and made him older?
    He's the same actor but is so rarely used that every time he appears on the show he's noticeably grown a bit taller.

Or maybe it's all those protein shakes and .....er...."vitamins" he's taking now that he's started playing rugby. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

fif wrote: »
    Jimmy is Rita and Bela's son, he is in Australia. Harry and Dolores' son IS Wayne!

Of course..... forgot about that.

How did he manage to get on the show with his disability?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

all those comments about jo being fat are funny. whats the problem. in real life the little boy would ve said much worse about her. and as he hardly ever speaks it made it even funnier. and in a weird way, it was interesting that he has found out the big secret cause he was missing for months during the whole affair and noone mentioned him till the end when it was dont tell the boy in the family cause he might do the same thing to his wife when he grows up...which is rubbish. ...
    and anyway. ...if someone is fat, and you call them fat whats the prob...and before the country women society of the leigon of mary jump in.... she was fat before she became pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fif

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Of course..... forgot about that.

How did he manage to get on the show with his disability?

What do you mean?

what channel and whats the page number on teletext ?

FFS if this is true she way over sencative he was talking about her character not her :mad:

her character is very posh i bet shes a pain like jo in real life aswell

wonder if the actress they plays niamh or the actress that plays vivienne will say anything since there bigger girls

ffs this is getting out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

fif wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I was talking about his acting ability / disability.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

walshb wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but still, the personal remark about her weight was OTT. No need for such realism there I thought. It is not real life. It's a soap.

What a hypocrite.. I've seen your posts on the boxing forum and you're always talking about weight... :pac: I'll get me coat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Where's the evidence for this? Has it been confirmed that Rachel Sarah Murphy (Jo) is not returning to FC?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Where on earth did they get that utterly useless actor playing Zach Dillon?

I know that Fair City isn't exactly brilliant when it comes to the quality of acting. The actors playing Louis, and all of the younger cast seriously need one on one coaching. Preferably not from the likes of the ham Jo character we are now spared.

But Zach takes the biscuit. Even in the mammoth industry of drama classes for kids, he would not be allowed to pass through to the next stage.

Unbelievably bad. Makes the rest of the cast look like oscar candidates. Despite the fact that Charlotte is way overdone, lacking any subtlety or guile, and Rachel is just a moany one dimensional character, and any attempt at conveying any sense of character through genuine acting skills is completety absent, they almost shine in comparison to this joke of a piece of cardboard reciting badly learned lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Badhb wrote: »
    Where on earth did they get that utterly useless actor playing Zach Dillon?

I know that Fair City isn't exactly brilliant when it comes to the quality of acting. The actors playing Louis, and all of the younger cast seriously need one on one coaching. Preferably not from the likes of the ham Jo character we are now spared.

But Zach takes the biscuit. Even in the mammoth industry of drama classes for kids, he would not be allowed to pass through to the next stage.

Unbelievably bad. Makes the rest of the cast look like oscar candidates. Despite the fact that Charlotte is way overdone, lacking any subtlety or guile, and Rachel is just a moany one dimensional character, and any attempt at conveying any sense of character through genuine acting skills is completety absent, they almost shine in comparison to this joke of a piece of cardboard reciting badly learned lines.

So im guessing you're not a fan of Zach...or maybe i picked that bit up wrong.:rolleyes: He's only young and i hope he isn't following this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Poor Jo has been insulted, it's not on the RTE news, not on teletext. I'm ringing Joe Duffy !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement