Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Are you permanently banned from AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Pffft, thats nothing, I was perma-banned from boards :pac:

I was framed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

seanbmc wrote: »
    Are you permanently banned from AH?
    Yep!

Pffft, thats nothing, I was perma-banned from boards :pac:

I was framed.
    Hahaha, tut tut!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was once banned from the Cuckoo's Nest for posting a number in the "Post a number in this thread to get banned" thread - I posted pi to about 50 significant digits. :o

• Advertisement

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Yep!

That's a feat in itself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Seeing Travis Barker, Tinie Tempah and Katie Taylor together in a Lucozade Sport advert there was pretty random.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I was once banned from the Cuckoo's Nest for posting a number in the "Post a number in this thread to get banned" thread - I posted pi to about 50 significant digits. :o

How did you get un banned :O

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

MarkD09 wrote: »

It was only a temporary 3 day ban or something. I didn't think I'd actually get banned, ha! Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

MarkD09 wrote: »

It was only a temporary 3 day ban or something. I didn't think I'd actually get banned, ha! Oh well!

I've seen a few of those threads around... Cuh-razy people D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

That confusing moment when you get a happy birthday email and you're like "It's my birthday?"

Followed by the disappointing moment when you realise it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lawliet wrote: »
    That confusing moment when you get a happy birthday email and you're like "It's my birthday?"

Followed by the disappointing moment when you realise it's not. you've been fraped.

Or at least that's what its like in my house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Did you know its cheaper to buy a newer car?? Even if the engine size is bigger than an older car.

For instance a 99 reg 1.4L is about 2.3K Insurance
    Move upto a 03 reg 1.6L and its 1.7K

Beyond amazement :rolleyes:

€2300 insurance? Nobody needs a car that badly :eek:

You could buy an extremely excellent bicycle for that, not have to pay for it every year, not have to pay fuel costs, not have to pay tax, not have to get NCTs, going faster than car traffic in the town/city, as well as getting fitter in the process!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

TBH, if that's on your own policy then that's a good price! Mine was 2,300 the first year, then went down to 1,400 the next year and now this year it's only 1,000. Which is not bad for a 19 year old male on my own policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

€2300 insurance? Nobody needs a car that badly :eek:

You could buy an extremely excellent bicycle for that, not have to pay for it every year, not have to pay fuel costs, not have to pay tax, not have to get NCTs, going faster than car traffic in the town/city, as well as getting fitter in the process!

You really wouldn't tbh

AdamD wrote: »
    You really wouldn't tbh

You definitely would! In Dublin city centre, for example, traffic is limited to 30km/h, which isn't too difficult to keep up on a bike (unless there's a hill), and you can carefully overtake queues of traffic and get near the start of the line at traffic lights!

It's definitely faster than the bus anyway *shudders*
    Plus all the other advantages!

You definitely would! In Dublin city centre, for example, traffic is limited to 30km/h, which isn't too difficult to keep up on a bike (unless there's a hill), and you can carefully overtake queues of traffic and get near the start of the line at traffic lights!

It's definitely faster than the bus anyway *shudders*
    Plus all the other advantages!

+ 1 to this, I can get up to 45km/h on flat/slight up hill gradients and quicker down hill. In Cork city traffic, I could get from college to the City centre in maybe 4 minutes, A car would probably take 3 times that if it's bad.

Not sure if I could manage 45km/h for any length of time longer than 10 seconds :p
    But in cities, cycling is nearly always the better option. Plus stop-start traffic is awful for fuel efficiency in a car!

I was driving in Cork city about a month ago, traffic is a bit of a nightmare there, so I'd imagine that cycling is definitely the fastest way.

Have you ever cycled up St. Patrick's Hill? :eek:
    I'd love to but I'd possibly die about halfway up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Not sure if I could manage 45km/h for any length of time longer than 10 seconds :p
    But in cities, cycling is nearly always the better option. Plus stop-start traffic is awful for fuel efficiency in a car!

I was driving in Cork city about a month ago, traffic is a bit of a nightmare there, so I'd imagine that cycling is definitely the fastest way.

I went to school up that hill..so glad I don't have to scale it every morning anymore!:p

I had a teacher who used to cycle it every morning..she used to cycle to work from Bishopstown..don't know how she did it:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I went to school up that hill..so glad I don't have to scale it every morning anymore!:p

I had a teacher who used to cycle it every morning..she used to cycle to work from Bishopstown..don't know how she did it:eek:

Worst part of my day tbh. And I'm on the top floor of the sixth year building -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Namlub wrote: »
    Worst part of my day tbh. And I'm on the top floor of the sixth year building -.-

What a trek..I used to be in the middle classroom:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm hungry but it's too late for lunch and I know dinner won't be ready until like half 6. Such a dilemma.

I can manage for longer but I'm a complete mess when I get home, kind of just pass out for a few minutes trying to regain energy.

Yeah traffic can be horrible in Cork, don't like getting the bus at all, One time me and a friend caught the bus from College to town, he got off at the top of Patricks street to go into McDonalds to collect his wages or something, And then overtook me walking and got to the bus station first :pac:

Nope, I rarely venture to that side of Cork, I might try it though :D

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I'm hungry but it's too late for lunch and I know dinner won't be ready until like half 6. Such a dilemma.

Story of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

Fúúúúúúck sake. My fupping brother won't be in until 7 now, which naturally means we all have to wait for him to get down before we eat. He should just have to reheat his own fupping dinner. I'm hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

The Disney Channel should show the old episodes of Mickey Mouse and the gang and not this new Computer generated crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Surely exceeding the speed limit is dangerous, no? :pac:

jumpguy wrote: »
    Surely exceeding the speed limit is dangerous, no? :pac:

I never said anything about exceeding the speed limit (which you shouldn't do, not even on a bike). I was saying that city traffic moves slow enough not to whizz off in the distance, but yet you can filter past queues of traffic waiting at lights and move up to near the front of the queue, thus gaining time over cars (generally!).

• Advertisement

jumpguy wrote: »
    Surely exceeding the speed limit is dangerous fun, no? :pac:

FYP

I think he means traffic is travelling a max of 30KM/h but the speed limit is still 60KM/h

Advertisement