Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Slow Show wrote: »
    I stopped watching Greys Anatomy years ago when they started massacring the cast regularly for shock value (I only allow GOT have any more than one shocking death per season) but I heard about that and watched it and laaawd, I can see why everyone's pretty pissed off. :pac:

I actually have little respect now for Shonda. But Ya I found it shocking alright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I know someone who has that exam (it's biochem, isn't it?) and she's pretty much as screwed as you say you are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I have exams in the morning. So I spent 45 minutes doing a full face of makeup, despite the fact that I'm not leaving the house any time soon. I am a fantastic human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Trying and failing to study immunology... There is such a volume of it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Past papers are the cheat codes to doing well in college tbh. A lot of people tend to focus on the lecture slides, and completely forget what they were conditioned to do during the LC (i.e. memorise past paper answers).

We have one lecturer who's papers are always just a mashup of past paper questions.

• Advertisement

Not when your lecturer has just taken over the module and has totally changed the syllabus. *yells angrily at sky*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    We have one lecturer who's papers are always just a mashup of past paper questions.

We had the same for a couple of lecturers. We couldn't believe that we basically got a couple of old exams to decide our final degree grades.

So yeah, study em!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I gave Irish grinds for a few years in my old college after I graduated, and even the brightest students were amazed when I showed them how useful previous papers can be. People really have no idea how to use libraries and local networks. Autonomous learning is a dying skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Past exam papers are definitely the way to go. The content of modules rarely changes so there is usually not much else they can examine apart from what's come up before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

It's policy not to release papers for my course, at least for most papers. :( We had one paper from a module last semester and literally half the real paper was a replica of the past paper. Also, some of the lecturers whose exams I'm sitting this semester have given sample questions and people in the year above have said that they repeat a huge volume of those questions in the actual exam. I'm not complaining at all, as I feel pretty guaranteed of a pass in all concerned modules as a result, it just all feels surprisingly easy! :eek:

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Your exams are Mcqs right?

Quizlet is love Quizlet is life!

Most of them are, my biochem one has written questions though. Life will be a better place when it's over. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

An File wrote: »
    I gave Irish grinds for a few years in my old college after I graduated, and even the brightest students were amazed when I showed them how useful previous papers can be. People really have no idea how to use libraries and local networks. Autonomous learning is a dying skill.

I think a lot of UL students genuinely don't know that there is a gigantic repository of past papers available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think a lot of UL students genuinely don't know that there is a gigantic repository of past papers available.

Ha repository sounds like a dirty word :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

thelad95 wrote: »
    Ha repository sounds like a dirty word :P
    Depending on the verb you put in front of it. Could be A very dirty word indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I have no idea what either of yee are on about :confused:
    suppository?
    I was hoping you would cause I haven't a clue. Just typing without consideration.

a repository is like a storage thing.
    a suppository is a medicine that you really don't wanna misread the directions for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Must. Fight. Through. Tiredness. Must. Learn.

Fúck starfish!

Patrick_crying.gif

I take this back, its actually a lovely topic to study, however, turns out starfish are vicious predators and really heinous in how they devour food. They eat shellfish where they pry the shell open as best they can, expel their stomach into the mollusc and liquefy the mollusc alive with toxins, and digest the mollusc once it has been turned into broth from within the shell....Patrick is a little evil

Did I write this to solidify that in my mind, or to procrastinate.....the latter, always the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Does anyone else feel a sense of unease when they see how many views their profile has? :o

Does anyone else feel a sense of unease when they see how many views their profile has? :o

I get more freaked out by the names of the recent visits.

If they're mods: Uh-oh, did a post I made in their forum raise a flag and they looked at my profile to get more info on me (mainly that's because that's what I do :o :P)

If they're regular plebs: What the hell is this creep doing?

I like Boards avatars. The reflect the world lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I keep clicking on user-names by accident on the touch site. :pac:

Random visit for EVERY Boardsie! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Jhcx wrote: »
    I like Boards avatars. The reflect the world lol

Hi Everybody! :D

If it isn't my old friend Mr McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Getting my first tattoo tomorrow. More nervous about than sitting an exam.

Getting my first tattoo tomorrow. More nervous about than sitting an exam.

What are you getting done??

What are you getting done??

Getting a bionic arm design. To represent all the surgeries I've had done over the years on my arm

Getting a bionic arm design. To represent all the surgeries I've had done over the years on my arm

I LOVE that kind of tattoo! It will look unreal I'm sure.

Is it bad that I'm too tired to go for drinks?

Is it bad that I'm too tired to go for drinks?

I think that after my exams I'll honesty be so exhausted that all I'll want is to come home, get into bed and begin an ultimate Netflix binge. I will probably force myself to get up and go out, but don't feel bad if you don't want to. :)

I on the other hand shall be drinking myself into oblivion, both are good options.

Dreaming about him eh? Bless. ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, this is Hugsie, better quote for posterity...
    Last night I had a dream you got 100% in 2 of your modules and were bitching about it. :p

• Advertisement

Well actually I dreamed this was on boards, and it was just a post, so technically you were all there ;)

Hahaha, I was just wondering if you had seen me around NUIG before or something!

Alas, 100% in 2 exams? Absolutely not happening :P Literally impossible in law...stoopid marking system!

Advertisement