Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

MarkD09 wrote: »
    :pac:

Gotta love context :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Gotta love context :P

tbh i prefer Mark's method of selective quoting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Muamar Gadaffi has been killed in a drain outside Sirte!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Muamar Gadaffi has been killed in a drain outside Sirte!

Did you see the pictures? Gruesome enough!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Did you see the pictures? Gruesome enough!
    They were indeed, saw them on the Guardian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

2 tests tomorrow, how fun!

Leaving Cert pressure getting on me now! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I got my Halloween costume today..Little Red Riding Hood:P I got it in a small, but it's still too big around my waist..poxy sizing..I reckon I'll have to get it taken in! Have any of the rest of ye (girls, really) had problems with sizing in costumes like this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm doing a Dublin-Galway cycle next February in aid of Crumlin Children's Hospital as part of a group, but will have to raise money between now and then.

Does anyone have any fundraising tips? I've never really had to do any serious fundraising, and obviously can't just ask people for money! Bag packing, coffee mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm doing a Dublin-Galway cycle next February in aid of Crumlin Children's Hospital as part of a group, but will have to raise money between now and then.

Does anyone have any fundraising tips? I've never really had to do any serious fundraising, and obviously can't just ask people for money! Bag packing, coffee mornings?
    I always do fund raising for my scout troop, there's tons of things you can do and do a few together to get more money.

If you have a coffee morning make sure you do it after mass in a place near the church and you'll get all the old ladies in, and if you have a big cake sale at the same time you can make great money. Maybe a raffle too, but you might not want too much at the same time.

Other things we've done are bag bagging, karaoke nights (in a pub, selling tickets before hand and have a raffle there too), bring and buy sales, choir night (in a church with small local choirs and some slightly bigger ones). There's so many options, I can't think of any more right now but there are tons!

Just try not to take on too much on your own at the same time, split the jobs up and make sure everyone does their part.

Good luck :D

Door to door sponsorship calling?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the answers, Aoifey and shadowninty.

Not sure I have the organisational skills to pull off something like a karaoke night, but I'll think of something!

Shadowninty, I don't really want to call around to people's doors just asking for money, it being a recession and all :p

At least I have plenty of time to raise money, up until next February. I've heard the idea of getting a secondary school to hold a no-uniform day, but I'm not sure my secondary school would do this for me, they normally do it for CSPE action projects and the like - might be worth a try though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

At least I have plenty of time to raise money, up until next February. I've heard the idea of getting a secondary school to hold a no-uniform day, but I'm not sure my secondary school would do this for me, they normally do it for CSPE action projects and the like - might be worth a try though?

Its worth a shot, my school was always happy to help out a past student, we had non uniform days for loads of things! :)

If you're part of a sports club or anything you could organise a games day like a football blitz, fun tennis night, etc (whatever relates to a sport or hobby you do!).

You could try dropping some of the sheets into local shops or pubs. From what I've seen they don't really get a HUGE amount of money but everything helps and at the least you'd be advertising for a good cause!

You could try collecting with buckets in the street, I'm not sure if you have to get a permit for it or not, but if you were in a busy place might be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Thanks for the answers, Aoifey and shadowninty.

Not sure I have the organisational skills to pull off something like a karaoke night, but I'll think of something!

Shadowninty, I don't really want to call around to people's doors just asking for money, it being a recession and all :p

You went to my school...

I'd say they'd let you since it's for a good cause, there's supposed to be one next week and there'll probably be one at Christmas too so if you ask soon there's a chance :P

If you need a hand don't hesitate to ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Carwash!

17_car-wash.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Carwash!

17_car-wash.jpg

That may be the sexyist picture in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Anybody have any good recipes for something to sell at a bake sale? *Stares at Pigwidgeon*

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Anybody have any good recipes for something to sell at a bake sale? *Stares at Pigwidgeon*

:P

Ehh caramel squares, brownies, cupcakes, rice krispie buns. Anything that can be cut into small individual portions really. You could do some rocky road too.

Edit: caramel squares, rocky road and rice krispie buns are all fridge type cakes, they don't need any actual baking and are pretty simple to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Oh god.. Africans are silly :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Any Banter lads?!?!??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Any Banter lads?!?!??

No banter at all lyk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Any Banter lads?!?!??
    The banter couldn't be scanter!

Just took the lollipop on facebook (http://www.takethislollipop.com/) - now I feel a bit freaked :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone wanna give me tops of how to climb the leader board with this? :)
    http://webcourse.cs.nuim.ie/drupal7/competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

deise_girl wrote: »
    Anyone wanna give me tops of how to climb the leader board with this? :)
    http://webcourse.cs.nuim.ie/drupal7/competition

Depends. Are you trying to get as close as possible to the minimum, or maximum possible total distance?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Depends. Are you trying to get as close as possible to the minimum, or maximum possible total distance?

I genuinely have no idea :(
    All I know is whats written on the page.. And that if I do well I get to choose the music we listen to in maths for a month..
    I think its more minimum than maximum tho, but I dont know if its better to have 40 connected in a short distance or 60 at a slightly higher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

can't get out tonight to buy BF3, heading into college at 9 so I'm gonna pick it up then. Can't wait to jump into multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Whats the Halloween plans homies? Anyone else gonna be boring like me and stay in, get Chinese, eat loads of cupcakes and caramel squares and jellies, have a few drinkies and watch loadsa horror movies? and of course drink loads of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Whats the Halloween plans homies? Anyone else gonna be boring like me and stay in, get Chinese, eat loads of cupcakes and caramel squares and jellies, have a few drinkies and watch loadsa horror movies? and of course drink loads of tea!

I'm going out on Sunday night with people. I'm dressing as a clown

On monday though I shall probably be sitting in with college work eating sweets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Im going out tomorrow with some boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Working ALL weekend...meh, time and a half Sunday and Double time Monday. And it'll be worth the big duuuuuurty paycheck in November. Think we're going for a drink after work Monday though :)

Advertisement