Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

M&S* wrote: »
    Would it be sad to go on a day trip to somewhere on your own?

Not at all! I'm quite a sociable person(she says while sitting at home on a Friday night) and I love taking little adventures on my own every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No way :p I've been up north by myself 3 or 4 times now, had a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I shall do it so and report back on how it went. Not sure where the road will take me but that's part of the excitement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Do eet, it's become so noticeable to me how stupid it is that people I know (especially girls) are terrified of doing things alone or even appearing to be alone for more than a few seconds.

I have friends, I swear.

Being alone is what cool people do :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ive been around this country alone.
    Been to festivals alone
    Been to Vegas alone. Go for it!
    Wait......im noticing a pattern here
    sad-forever-alone-clean.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

sad-forever-alone-clean.png
    I also bake alone..

ascone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Welcome back lady! Hope it's not just a flying visit! :)
    Nice to see you back Mollikins!! :)
    Thanks girls! :)

Dunno if I'll be sticking around yet. I'm on mid-term now so I might be posting a bit out of boredom or because I should be doing assignment work! Boards was always a great procrastination tool! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Namlub wrote: »
    Do eet, it's become so noticeable to me how stupid it is that people I know (especially girls) are terrified of doing things alone or even appearing to be alone for more than a few seconds.

I have friends, I swear.
    Haha one of my friends has this some sort of phobia of being alone, it's actually how I met her; she had lost her friends, saw me, realized we were in the same course and immediately latched and dragged me off to sit with her. I was bemused at the time but quickly learnt that that's just standard practice; our group is always picking up strays because of her! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

So as of tonight I now have another irrational fear to add to my rather impressive collection. Venus flytraps...

Just...just look at that evil...thing...and look how helpless and trapped the fly is. Every time I watch it I get shivers up my spine but I can't look away...I know I'm not an insect, but that thing terrifies me...remind me never ever to get on the bad side of a Venus Flytrap, thanks.

I should really go to sleep...but I'll just dream of carnivorous plants if I do. :(

• Advertisement

Does anybody Dublin based know where eden quay is? My bus has been re-routed to start there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anybody Dublin based know where eden quay is? My bus has been re-routed to start there :mad:

on a phone so can't give you a map, but it's between O'Connell bridge (the one between Westmoreland street and O'Connell street) and Butt Bridge (liberty hall is at one end of it).

Thanks, says the bus leaves from the front of liberty hall, is there a sign or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cloud493 wrote: »
    Thanks, says the bus leaves from the front of liberty hall, is there a sign or something?

IIRC, they have the standard DB poles and one of the electronic signs with next arrivals on it.

Oh yeah :pac: Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Namlub wrote: »

I have friends, I swear.

Yeah I always go places alone and usually bump into a group of girls asking who I'm with and they're shocked and appalled... I just wanted to go on a day trip but no one really to ask. Decided against it because of the weather and just went and bought myself lunch instead. Someday...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yeah I always go places alone and usually bump into a group of girls asking who I'm with and they're shocked and appalled... I just wanted to go on a day trip but no one really to ask. Decided against it because of the weather and just went and bought myself lunch instead. Someday...

I don't particularly like being on my own doing things but sometimes it's all the more efficient and enjoyable.
    Then you get the judging glares...>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Shopping is something that really doesn't work (at least for me) with other people. When I go into town with friends I rarely buy anything but when I just go in with my mam and go off and do my own thing I buy a craaaaazy amount of stuff. S'not as much fun tbf but it's a lot more efficient...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Slow Show wrote: »
    So as of tonight I now have another irrational fear to add to my rather impressive collection. Venus flytraps...

Damn nature you scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Shopping is something that really doesn't work (at least for me) with other people. When I go into town with friends I rarely buy anything but when I just go in with my mam and go off and do my own thing I buy a craaaaazy amount of stuff. S'not as much fun tbf but it's a lot more efficient...
    Yeah! I'd be walking around town with a group and just endlessly browse, buying nothing at all! Then I'll go in on my own and buy 10 different items in under 90 minutes :p
    'Tis mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm the exact same, I absolutely hate shopping with friends so i usually just endup dumping them and doing my own thang :L

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I am such a non girl shopper!. Shopping is a phobia of mine. If I go with friends I'll buy nothing, then if I want something I'll either order online or search shops online find something I like run to the shop get clothing object pay leave done. Pennys is my worst nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

So I was in Dublin today, it was encouraging to see all the posters of Pygmalion put up around the place. There was even one on the front desk of the travellodge we were in!!

I also saw one on the door of burger king in cork when I was walking home tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Whitney Houston died,I'm not suprised since she did seem have fairly serious drug usage but its sad to see good talented singers die.She was only 48...its not even that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Whitney Houston died,I'm not suprised since she did seem have fairly serious drug usage but its sad to see good talented singers die.She was only 48...its not even that old.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

My sister let a (demented, in my opinion) friend do her make-up tonight.

makeupartist.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'm doing a skydive in a few weeks and I've been raising sponsorship money in work for it. One of the guys who sponsored me decided to go around and get other people to do the same...which is great, apart from I just heard him tell someone that I'm "doing the mile high" for charity. Oh dear...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

^^^
    mile high

giggity giggity goo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

So I was in Dublin today, it was encouraging to see all the posters of Pygmalion put up around the place. There was even one on the front desk of the travellodge we were in!!

I also saw one on the door of burger king in cork when I was walking home tonight!!

I've seen them in a lot of the windows on Patrick St, we've one up on the door in work!

• Advertisement

Twas a fair few posters around :)

Advertisement