Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So many of these pro-lifers are more interested in the unborn and not the living.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

So many of these pro-lifers are more interested in the unborn and not the living.

tumblr_lxx49m3dsH1r1ct6ao1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

This topic reminds me of a group of lads around a Halloween fire tossing a cinder from one to other with the hope they don't get singed........

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic........No-one wants to take this by the goolies and deal with it.........sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah Vinnie on his high horse, It now looks like this case might not be an issue, the doctor said removal or not of the unborn may still have resulted in her death. There is no issue the woman miscarried, everyone is listening to a traumatised husband rather than the doctors. The truth will out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'm really glad that poor husband is back in India and not listening to his wife's death and suffering being discussed so casually :mad:

• Advertisement

This Caroline one is pretty awful as usual.

I don't trust any of the research she speaks about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Ah Vinnie on his high horse, It now looks like this case might not be an issue, the doctor said removal or not of the unborn may still have resulted in her death. There is no issue the woman miscarried, everyone is listening to a traumatised husband rather than the doctors. The truth will out.
    Maybe that's because by the time she was wheeled down to theatre she was already desperately ill from septicemia. If doctors had offered a termination once they realised they were at the point of no return for the foetus, as they do in all 1st world countries, rather than insisting they had to let nature take its course, this poor woman would probably still be be with us.

Maybe that's because by the time she was wheeled down to theatre she was already desperately ill from septicemia. If doctors had offered a termination once they realised they were at the point of no return for the foetus, as they do in all 1st world countries, rather than insisting they had to let nature take its course, this poor woman would probably still be be with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Is that young Labour TD wearing a wig? He looks ridiculous!

Call me Al wrote: »

Thats a big maybe, again wait till the reports and don't jump on the bandwagon of listening to a distraught husband. Ireland is one of the safest places to have a child compared to alot of 1st world countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm not a doctor so I'm no gonna give an opinion on the if's and but's of what may or may not have happened. The important point here is that there is an ambiguity surrounding the issue. This needs to be removed so that doctors's hands are not tied when it comes to tragic cases like this.

Thats a big maybe, again wait till the reports and don't jump on the bandwagon of listening to a distraught husband. Ireland is one of the safest places to have a child compared to alot of 1st world countries.

She was in pain and she wanted a termination. It should have been performed. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I remember a while ago Vincent had a lad on and they where talking about this new fantastic technology that would show the front pages or the news spreads on screen.
    I can see them being used but all i ever see is blurred text and fizzy photos

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

She was in pain and she wanted a termination. It should have been performed. End of story.

It's not as simple as that. Doctors have a duty of care to the patient and have to do what's right in their educated opinion.

Will you please stop quoting from what the husband told this reporter and please wait for the reports. There is always TWO sides to a story.

It isn't a big maybe at all
    And whose bandwagon have you jumped on that you have come to your "informed" conclusions?

Will you please stop quoting from what the husband told this reporter and please wait for the reports. There is always TWO sides to a story.
    Why should he?
    From what I can see it is being widely published in the media.

Btw was the doctor you mentioned earlier involved in this lady's treatment while in UCHG? Was he involved in decisions relating to her care, as her husband was?

It isn't a big maybe at all
    And whose bandwagon have you jumped on that you have come to your "informed" conclusions?

Look it up please, We have not heard from anyone medical at the hospital, this will come out in the reports. There is 2 sides to every story and as of now we have only heard one.

Look it up please, We have not heard from anyone medical at the hospital, this will come out in the reports. There is 2 sides to every story and as of now we have only heard one.

Look what up? What are you talking about now?

• Advertisement

Why should he?
    From what I can see it is being widely published in the media.

Btw was the doctor you mentioned earlier involved in this lady's treatment while in UCHG? Was he involved in decisions relating to her care, as her husband was?

No, but we have not heard from the doctors or medical staff at the hospital, and until then reserve judgement please.

What are you talking about. I am not jumping on any bandwagon, all i'm saying is there is 2 sides, we have only heard one.

No, but we have not heard from the doctors or medical staff at the hospital, and until then reserve judgement please.

She died and she shouldn't have so i guess uchg wasn't the safest hospital for her.

Thanks all the same but i think i will stick with what my gut tells me...
    And maybe by the second or third revised report of events that so often have to dragged from medical staff we will have the truth.

Cynical. Or maybe realistic!

She died and she shouldn't have so i guess uchg wasn't the safest hospital for her.

And maybe by the second or third revised report of events that so often have to dragged from medical staff we will have the truth.

Agreed absolutely she should not have died and if medical staff are culpable, then actions must be taken. Sadly mistakes are made and people die, but that still wouldn't stop me going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How about you save your guesswork about UCHG until more information becomes available.

She asked 3 times for a termination. Do you not believe the husband?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Good loser

She asked 3 times for a termination. Do you not believe the husband?

That in itself is not conclusive of anything. If the obstetrician felt a termination would be more dangerous he wouldn't have done it, regardless of the patient's wishes.

Believe the septicemia flared late in the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

I love how this paediatrician unceremoniously interrupts others and then demands to be allowed to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'd be absolutely petrified if I was a pregnant woman in Ireland at the moment ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

There is some amount of jokeing on a serious subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement