Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Róisín Shortall was talking as though she was in opposition :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They're all a joke. Back one afternoon and a motion of no confidence, that had no hope of being carried, is laid down in the Dail. A big joke.

All got sunburned on their exotic foreign holidays I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

She went in and voted confidence in him after all that.

Yes, If she is so unhappy with James Reilly she should have voted against him and resigned her position.

Her position must be under question now, I wouldn't be surprised if she was moved out of Health soon.

VB getting heated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Roisin Shorthall cut the socks off James Reilly then voted confidence in him.
    What was that all about?

• Advertisement

Purple looks great on Niamh.;)

Skid wrote: »
    Yes, If she is so unhappy with James Reilly she should have voted against him and resigned her position.
    Why on earth should she be the one to resign from her position? Surely if anyone should be resigning it should be James Reilly.

Roisin Shorthall cut the socks off James Reilly then voted confidence in him.
    What was that all about?
    Towing the party line :rolleyes:

Kathleen Lynch is seriously embarrassing, she reminds me of Mammy O'Rourke with every passing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Lynch got carried away there.

• Advertisement

Isn't it funny how the Govt always talk about the mess F.F. left when they sat on their hands in opposition and allowed it all to happen. Had they being doing their job they would have highlighted all the shortcomings. Instead at budget time they complained that F.F. didn't give enough to the people. They are all the same really.

Is Buttimer completely incapable of addressing the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Kathleen Lynch is seriously embarrassing, she reminds me of Mammy O'Rourke with every passing day.

Reminds me of the brides mother at a wedding, in the residents bar at 4 am the following morning...

Why on earth should she be the one to resign from her position? Surely if anyone should be resigning it should be James Reilly.

Because she doesn't think he is doing a good job. The honourable thing to do would be to resign, not to imply she has no confidence in him, and then vote the other way.

That is what would happen in any other Western democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

They should give Vinny and Gerry Buttimer their own sitcom. They're hilarious when the two of them go at it. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think VB is going to deck him any minute now.

Amazing how politicians change and adopt the same role when they move from opposition to government and vice versa.

Because she doesn't think he is doing a good job. The honourable thing to do would be to resign, not to imply she has no confidence in him, and then vote the other way.

None of them will willingly leave the trough.

I disagree, She would have been crazy to resign, she did nothing wrong. However, she should have had the courage to vote with her conscience and let the Labour Party sack her from her junior ministerial position if they wanted to.

Kurz wrote: »
    They should give Vinny and Gerry Buttimer their own sitcom. They're hilarious when the two of them go at it. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing.
    It reminded me of the night that Conor Lenihan nearly lost it with Vinny :D

I disagree, She would have been crazy to resign, she did nothing wrong. However, she should have had the courage to vote with her conscience and let the Labour Party sack her from her junior ministerial position if they wanted to.

There would have been no question about it. She would have automatically lost the Labour whip if she voted against the Government, and by extension lost her Ministerial position.

Shortall's position is untenable now. Any interview she gives she will be asked about her confidence in Reilly, and if she believes the Health Department is fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What's a think in?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What's a think in?
    A p1ss up with some politics thrown in ;)

What's a think in?

In Brian Cowen's day it used to be a great excuse for a piss up. Not sure if the new crowd do it the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That clip from Kathleen Lynch tonight is by far the most embarrassing. No question about it.

What's a think in?

It's where you learn the words to "The Lakes of Ponchatrain" late at night and mix up Croke Park with Good Friday the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A p1ss up with some politics thrown in ;)

And there was I thinking they'd have focus groups, brainstorming sessions, presentations...

I agree with VB, I don't really see the point of this referendum.

And there was I thinking they'd have focus groups, brainstorming sessions, presentations...

Here is Brian Cowen after a Hard Night's Brainstorming ...

How many children have died in state care in the last few years again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Vincent was sooo angry tonight! Like he was losing it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement