Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

MrsD007 wrote: »
    If Ming ever tires of politics he could have a great career as a comedian. The guy has a great way with words.
    He makes great telly.

his future is assured. thankfully.

ah, those hazy days in Galway, Ming being kicked out of Frank Fahey's property, only to see the baul Frank kicked out of politics in return.

he he

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Skid wrote: »
    To be fair, I heard he has been surviving without a Second Footman for a few weeks now.

No-one is immune from this recession :)

No nor was Padraig Flynn :mad::mad:-

"‘I GET, GIVE OR TAKE, it works out at about, with expenses, £140,000 a year and I pay 30.3 per cent tax on that so it is about a net £100,000. And out of that £100,000, I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I want to tell you something, try it sometime when you have a couple of cars and three homes and a few housekeepers and everything else. . .” That was the infamous response given by then European commissioner Pádraig Flynn when asked about inflated expenses by Barry O’Halloran, a member of the Late Late Show audience (and now an Irish Times journalist, incidentally) in 1999."

Reilly is also exempt from the €100.00 household tax !! Joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

In fairness to Lucinda, Vincent went after her from the start on one side and Ming of the quick quip sitting on the other, if she didn't see it coming, good enough for her.

nudger wrote: »
    In fairness to Lucinda, Vincent went after her from the start on one side and Ming of the quick quip sitting on the other, if she didn't see it coming, good enough for her.
    Lucinda is loving it, as Reilly is getting the flak. Hopefully Vinny will target her a bit more.

He was great back in the day of 'the end' ?? with sean moncrief

Do you remember the Mountjoy Reins comment from Moncrief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm not a fan of Lucinda Creighton but I'm glad she is standing up to Denis O'Brien.

There is a copy of Denis O'Brien's strongly worded letter to Lucinda here.

The letter is under the Examiner article

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Lucinda is loving it, as Reilly is getting the flak. Hopefully Vinny will target her a bit more.

Not tonight he won't :(

enlighten us.

Denis O'Brien is nothing but a bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Clerys would be closed if it wasn't for this Investment Company she is comparing to a Ponzi scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

God she does go on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Is yer wan reviewing the papers getting paid by the word?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She's rambling...

enlighten us.

Ming had a different beard style, longer side bits, Sean thought they would come in handy for hardened crim's if he went to Mountjoy as a protest related to cannabis.

weird format, 3 then 2. i suppose it cuts down the squabbling having small numbers, so that's something.

ps, who's this grinning fool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

weird format, 3 then 2. i suppose it cuts down the squabbling having small numbers, so that's something.

ps, who's this grinning fool?

I think he used to be Private Pike in Dad's Army.

Pike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

GUBU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

do tell

Good programme tonight, pity it was cut short with the other panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Sardonicat wrote: »
    She's rambling...

Reminds me of the priest from Father Ted that is in the closet talking the ears off Father Jack. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ming played a blinder tonight. Sarah McInerney uncontrollably cracking up to his Weight Watchers analogy was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV all year. Good man Ming! :D

Yeah, he brings a bit of colour to the table, does the merciless one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

vicwatson wrote: »

How come ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Ming had a different beard style, longer side bits, Sean thought they would come in handy for hardened crim's if he went to Mountjoy as a protest related to cannabis.

Was it not Brendan O'Connor?? the week before he was due to go to jail for posession...

"Do you know what they call them in Mountjoy Ming??"
    "Reigns"

At the end of the show they presented him with soap on a rope..

Lapin wrote: »
    How come ?

House of historical importance or some equivalent bollox. Has to open few days of the year to the public or something. I think there be others, Phil Hogan for example, that is also exempt.

Fine Teach I tell ya.

Was it not Brendan O'Connor?? the week before he was due to go to jail for posession...

"Do you know what they call them in Mountjoy Ming??"
    "Reigns"

At the end of the show they presented him with soap on a rope..

Had Brendan in the back of the mind, well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

vicwatson wrote: »

it wouldn't appear so from the Household Charge website:

"The exemptions are as follows:

Residential properties that are part of the trading stock of a business and have not been sold or been the source of any income since construction,

Residential property vested in a Minister of the Government or the Health Service Executive,

Residential property vested in a housing authority, including property where households are purchasing their homes under the Shared Ownership Scheme and where the local authority still retains an ownership stake,
    Voluntary and co-operative housing,

Residential property subject to commercial rates and wholly used as a dwelling,

Residential property owned by certain charities or comprised in a discretionary trust, and

Residential property where a person has to leave their house due to long-term mental or physical infirmity (e.g. a person that has moved into a nursing home). "

maybe there's something between the lines that I just can't see. :confused:

https://www.householdcharge.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Lucinda ah Lucinda. Arrogant, smirk for everything. Complete eejit. Breeding shows. Good man Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening Folks :)

Vinny and his panel will be discussing tonight's motion of no confidence vote in Minister for Health, Dr. James Reilly (which was defeated).

Apparently, Junior Minister, Róisín Shortall wasn't too enthusiastic about the Minister performance though.
    One of those voting confidence in Dr Reilly was his Labour Party junior minister Roisin Shortall.

In her four minute speech, she did not mention his name even once and she warned that unless there was substantial reform in the health system, there will be cuts and the poor will suffer most. She said progress on legislation to introduce free GP care was "very disappointing", and said funding must be restored to this area.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0919/motion-of-no-confidence-debate-taking-place.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

She went in and voted confidence in him after all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement