Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lucinda Creton has this smirk on her face all the time, she doesn't give two ****s about the electorate and needs a smack in the gob to take that "fook you" smirk away me thinks :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good loser wrote: »
    I rate Lucinda highly. She's cool and intelligent - well able for Vinnie's bullying.

There must be two Lucinda Creightons then ????

Was Willie looking for a banking transactions tax ? The little prick was part of the crowd that caused the problem. How can anyone listen to him suggesting how to solve it. He should be put out on a deserted island with the rest of his crew and left there.

With his gun and one bullet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Catherine Murphy is mumbling and stumbling her way through her sentences tonight for some reason.. I can only presume that she got the (56 hour) audiobook from Marc Coleman, "Effective Public *cough* Speaking"

What's with Creton's "frown" - like as if she knows what she is talking about and is actually serious about politics :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Sure Vincent Lucinda doesnt give a toss about the state having to pay 5 Billion per year when she'll be sitting somewere on her big fat pension. Sick to death of politicians and their crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I am going to vote no on this Treaty. Mainly because they will close every Hospital in the Country in order to make the Budget, rather than go near the untouchable Civil Servants Pay and Pensions.

The Croke Park Agreement was odeous, and the Government will probably get a similar one to replace it when it runs out.

Katherine Lynch is mumbling and stumbling her way through her sentences tonight for some reason.. I can only presume that she got the (56 hour) audiobook from Marc Coleman, "Effective Public *cough* Speaking"

Katherine Lynch is the grossly unfunny RTE2 Comedian, that is Kildare's own Catherine Murphy TD on your Telly right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lucinda has such a horribly arrogant manner to her and seems to talk down to anyone who asks her a reasonable question. Can't wait for her to lose her seat.

Is Lucinda married ?
    I wouldn't like to go home to that one and tell her that I lost the wages on a horse. She'd be a vicious little vixen i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid wrote: »
    Katherine Lynch is the grossly unfunny RTE2 Comedian, that is Kildare's own Catherine Murphy TD on your Telly right now :)

Is this not Wagon's Den? I thought Brian Dowling had aged alright..

The fact of the matter is, the fact of the matter is.......that your stoopid ronny is so 1975 Willie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Is Lucinda married ?
    I wouldn't like to go home to that one and tell her that I lost the wages on a horse. She'd be a vicious little vixen i'd say.

Yeah a senator, Paul Bradford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Is Lucinda married ?

Married to a lad who's about 20 years her senior if I remember correctly. The cap fits though really as sitting next to Catherine Murphy the two women look around the same age even though Murphy is around twice Cretin's age

Is Lucinda married ?

From wiki
    She is married to Fine Gael Senator Paul Bradford.

That would be an interesting conversation, if she votes to abolish the Seanad :)

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah a senator, Paul Bradford.

Nice.... a TD and a Senator - guess who'll be trading the car in every year and building extensions onto their gaf's:rolleyes: - no recession there.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I'm really surprised to read the comments regarding Lucinda here. I'd like to precede this statement by saying I'm certainly no feminist but it seems to me that when it comes to women in politics, it's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

In this case, Lucinda is being lambasted for merely doing her job and speaking with more insight regarding European policies than most of her male contemporaries. I understand that this might upset delicate Dáil and electorate egos but there's no denying that she's a formidable representative on the international stage and for that reason, I see no cause to slate her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭baldbear

I like Catherine. She seems sensible. Havn't seen her much on telly before.

Jess16 wrote: »
    I'm really surprised to read the comments regarding Lucinda here. I'd like to precede this statement by saying I'm certainly no feminist but it seems to me that when it comes to women in politics, it's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

In this case, Lucinda is being lambasted for merely doing her job and speaking with more insight regarding European policies than most of her male contemporaries. I understand that this might upset delicate Dáil and electorate egos but there's no denying that she's a formidable representative on the international stage and for that reason, I see no cause to slate her

I'd rather Clare Daly :)
    I think its Lucinda's smug and sneering manner and not the fact that she is a female that annoys people.

Ah yeh - it's all 'cause she's a woman:rolleyes:

Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Her manner is brusque and arrogant, her tone condescending and her constant pulling of faces and rolling her eyes to heaven when asked reasonable questions is a horrible trait for a politician (or indeed anyone else to have).

Apart from that she's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Please get a grip, its because she talks absolute crap and comes across as a Toff! Man or woman i dislike this character.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah yeh - it's all 'cause she's a woman:rolleyes:

Sigh.

Where did I say that? Did you miss the part where I said Lucinda is being lambasted for executing her duties to a more superior standard than her contemporaries -but don't let that stand in the way of your really substantial, sensationlist response

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I think that Catherine Murphy and Peadar Tobin (regrettably) had the best performance tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Skid wrote: »
    rather than go near the untouchable Civil Servants Pay and Pensions.

You forgot the word again

Untouchable doesn't fit either as they have already been touched.

Toibin is a very good speaker in fairness. Lucinda has that look on her again like "how can you lot be so stupid" kind of look.

Please get a grip, its because she talks absolute crap and comes across as a Toff! Man or woman i dislike this character.

Please get a grip yourself. Fair enough if people don't like Lucinda's personal mannerisms but comes across as toff? See, this is precisely what I mean -let's send her out to mingle with Merkel and Co. in an Arran jumper and a Kerry accent shall we -would you be happy then?

I'd love nothing more than to vote No against this Treaty but where do you people think the money to run this country is going to come from, if not Europe? Because I'd really love to know and that's a genuine question

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Where did I say that? Did you miss the part where I said Lucinda is being lambasted for executing her duties to a more superior standard than her contemporaries -but don't let that stand in the way of your really substantial, sensationlist response

I think it might be something to do with where you said;

".....but it seems to me that when it comes to women in politics, it's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't."

woodoo wrote: »
    You forgot the word again

Untouchable doesn't fit either as they have already been touched.

Very little gone, a lot more to go.

• Advertisement

I did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement