Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

He should be made pay for part of the Tribunal costs. One of those houses should be seized from him if not all of them.
    I imagine most of the Flynn assets are held in the name of his wife, Wilma Flintstone Dorothy Flynn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I imagine most of the Flynn assets are held in the name of his wife, Wilma Flintstone Dorothy Flynn ;)

BUT if he is ever convicted of corruption in court then his pension should be stopped and he should have to reimburse the state every cent he got since he retired. He would have used his position to commit crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Comeuppance how??? They are not gonna take away his pension, as he is ENTITLED to it, just like Ray Burke... Enda is sending the files to DPP, Gardaí, Revenue and anybody else who will take a copy, but does anybody really think that anything will come of this... About three years time they will all tell us that they are still investigating and will be taking action soon, and in the same way with the inside trading in Anglo, NOTHING will be done...

But at least one good thing comes out of the Tribunal report... Just in case anybody was still of the opinion that FF made all the planning decisions through lack of competency alone, this report confirms that FF party Councillors, TDs and Ministers made these decisions for THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAIN...

This will all be forgotten about in a week (or less).

THIS IS IRELAND

VB on till 12.30 tonight.

Could TV3 not have started 30 mins earlier, sigh.

Hey TV3 I need my beauty sleep you know*

*grumbles away - "and Vinnie could do with it too"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

vicwatson wrote: »
    This will all be forgotten about in a week (or less).

THIS IS IRELAND

Unfortunately you are probably right .... but did we really need to make millionaires of the legal profession to confirm what any half rational person could see clear as day. As the old judge in Rumpole of the Bailey used to say 'use your common sense, Ladies & Gentlemen'.

The journalists will be happy ... that's the Sunday Papers done & dusted ... but at the end of the day nothing will change any more than it will change in the Banks or Civil Service. There is no stomach in this country for accoutability ...... it's the Catholic ethos you see.

If FF were really serious about change they would do whatever is involved to put the process in train to wind up that corrupt & corrupting organisation. I won't hold my breath while I wait for that to happen.

• Advertisement

but did we really need to make millionaires of a very small amount of the legal profession

Let me fix that for you:)

It's not a route worth going down at the moment, the cost of 250/300 million will be exposed and whinged about on lahvline don't you know !

I'm sure the small amount that got work from this were offered lucrative daily amounts and they accepted them, they cshould have been offered less on a take it or leave it basis but they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Wonder what Vinny has to say tonight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wonder what Vinny has to say tonight. :pac:
    Haha. Was just about to post the same. I love Vinny on nights like this. Can't wait for that knowing look when he tells us what's on the show after the break. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just looking at Dara Calleary, I bet he's wishing he went to a different table on Fresher's society day in Trinity.

Just looking at Dara Calleary, I bet he's wishing he went to a different table on Fresher's society day in Trinity.
    Jonny, he comes from a Fianna Fáil dynasty. His father Sean was a TD for Mayo East from 1973 to 1992 and served as a Minister in three government departments during that time.

His grandfather Phelim was elected a member of the 14th Dáil for Mayo North at the 1952 by-election and served until retiring at the 1969 general election ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

MrsD007 wrote: »
    If it was me, I'd find it very hard to look my grandchildren in the eyes after being described as corrupt.

Ah here. He didn't murder someone.

Aidric wrote: »
    Ah here. He didn't murder someone.
    Read my post again.

I said how I would react but then again I've a huge conscience. I'd be completely mortified if I was ever described as corrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Hurry up and get started Vincent, I've gone nearly 30 minutes without analysis of the Mahon Report now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

FF is very much in his blood. Useless genepooler that he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i don't think pee flynnstone will be too bothered yet

they've brass necks

Bertie still has an official car and Garda driver !!!
    Jaysus we really reward criminals in this country.

I don't think he does anymore. That might have been archive footage.

He won't have an FF membership card for much longer, either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Skid wrote: »
    He won't have an FF membership card for much longer, either :)
    In fairness though, it's not worth much. It's a bit of a negative equity membership at this stage.

Skid wrote: »
    I don't think he does anymore. That might have been archive footage.

You're right Skid, he is back driving!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109950/Driving-Mr-Bertie-For-time-20-years-ex-leader-got-chauffeur.html

Brian Cowen must be happy enough, all the same.

He now stands alone among recent Fianna Fáil leaders as being merely grossly incompetent, rather than a certified liar.

• Advertisement

Poor enough panel, I was hoping for Matt Cooper, Mick Clifford and Sam Smyth :(

Eamon Ryan's hair looks dyed :eek:

VB has that look in his eyes - the look of "I AM gonna stir the sh1t tonight" !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ffs night of a damning report on FF and Vincent wants to pick a fight with a party who has no elected TDs.. ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

No no Mr Ryan SOME of the Irish people elected FF again, only SOME

ffs night of a damning report on FF and Vincent wants to pick a fight with a party who has no elected TDs.. ????

Typical Vincent, far too often he goes off on a tangent to the main issue of the day.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Is that a wee toilet? :D
    article-2109950-1204C7F9000005DC-928_468x286.jpg

Bertie stealing money out of the fcuking machine. Caught on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Why the hell should anyone care what a non-entity like Eamonn Ryan thinks? He's been all over the radio today too.

Your 5 minutes is up Eamonn. Get off the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I never understood why the two Green ministers stood behind Ahern when he was giving his resignation speech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement