Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Jhcx wrote: »
    Wait some of ye were only doing your jc in 2011? How young are ye?

Hes in 1st year

Im in 1st year

Vitos in 1st year

Slowshows in 1st year

WERE ALL IN 1ST YEAR

Youre just an old granddad :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I feel old...People did their junior cert in 2011?!?!?! I did my LC then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Took an apartment. Now let October roll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I feel old...People did their junior cert in 2011?!?!?! I did my LC then.

I did it in 2010.

Grandad out. :pac:

pajor wrote: »
    I did it in 2010.

Grandad out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I did my JC in 2k9 I think. Meh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

LC 2007. Before this forum ever existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was feeling old with my LC 2009 thanks for making me feel better an file :P

I just discovered the sainsburys near my work has an Irish section. I bought a celebratory 2 litre bottle of club orange. This weeks a good week.

An File wrote: »
    LC 2007. Before this forum ever existed!

I dont think we even had the 2007 papers in some of the exam paper books :o

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

I did TY and repeated my Leaving, and as a result I feel about 100 years older than everyone on my course. Some of them still aren't old enough to drink yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Jhcx wrote: »
    Wait some of ye were only doing your jc in 2011? How young are ye?

I did my JC in 2011. :) 18 and not too far off 19. I feel really old tbh. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jesus...

Are ye even young enough to have started out learning money in primary school through Punts? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Jesus...

Are ye even young enough to have started out learning money in primary school through Punts? :o

Nope the euro came in in January 2002 yeah? I would've been in senior infants, don't think money was touched on a whole lot at that point!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

For my communion I got one of the little "euro coin bags" off my uncle. One of each type, to get you used to the euro! Memories.

For my communion I got one of the little "euro coin bags" off my uncle. One of each type, to get you used to the euro! Memories.
    >.>
    <.<

Are you a coin collector too?!?!?! :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow Show wrote: »
    Nope the euro came in in January 2002 yeah? I would've been in senior infants, don't think money was touched on a whole lot at that point!

YOU WERE IN SENIOR INFANTS IN 2002? :eek:

I already had gotten my bloody Communion FFS! :pac:

Good God I'm so ooold!

HugsiePie wrote: »
    >.>
    <.<

Are you a coin collector too?!?!?! :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

Nope! The euro had just come out, so post offices sold these coin bags so that people got used to the coins before it was legal tender.

YOU WERE IN SENIOR INFANTS IN 2002? :eek:

I already had gotten my bloody Communion FFS! :pac:

Good God I'm so ooold!

So did I

Never seen a punt in my life

hehehe Im being sneaky here :p

Nope! The euro had just come out, so post offices sold these coin bags so that people got used to the coins before it was legal tender.
    So Im still the only cool person here :rolleyes:

You collect coins? Why am I not surprised. :pac:

But I lost a bag of the coolest coins ever

I think someone took them out of my bag when I was in school a few years ago

It was the most amazing coin collection ever

I had coins from all over Asia and old currency from Europe

I even had a Swaziland coin

It was so cool

It had a ridged edge

Like someone draws a wavy line then connects it to make a circle

Now I just have a few euro coins from around Europe Canadian and American coins and not much else

However I have been collecting American millennium coins since I was 6.....I have a map you can put the coins into for each state and everything (in the new millenium America started making a coin for each state).....so yeah

Im just like the coolest person ever :cool:

EDIT: Tried to find the Swahili coin on Google, its the one furthest right

8_10_12_peaks.jpg

Alsohad a Korean one too :cool:

DOUBLE EDIT: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOURE NOT SURPRISED

:pac:

• Advertisement

The punt, now there was a currency that commanded respect!!

The punt, now there was a currency that commanded respect!!

I miss the cool 50p's...

Stupid circular currency... :(

I miss the cool 50p's...

youre all coin enthusiasts

just as cool as me then :cool:

I miss the cool 50p's...

With the deer on it?! That was boss alright

HugsiePie wrote: »

I can't believe you used The Judd's version instead of Danielle Bradbery's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I remember there being a moment last year when we were in LC there was a group of us just sitting around at lunch when we suddenly realised that the majority of the first years were born in 2000, when we'd started junior infants in 1999. Like some of my earliest memories, if not my earliest, are from the New Year's Eve between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I need to find a new forum... I'm so old... I was in first year in 2003. I clearly remember the punt, I also remember the millennium and being helped to read the first Harry potter book when it came out in 1997.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I need to find a new forum... I'm so old... I was in first year in 2003. I clearly remember the punt, I also remember the millennium and being helped to read the first Harry potter book when it came out in 1997.

The first book came out in 1997 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

They're moving me to a different shop in town in ten days. Due to the "restructuring of staff and management between shops" six months ago I'd have raised bell about this. But all of the old guard have either been moved,sacked or left themselves because of the changes the new management has brought in all new staff here now. All of them suck ups and lickarse managers. I'm escaping all the politics all the backstabbing all the horribleness that the shop has become. The shop they're sending me to is where they've sent all the other old staff from our shop. Gonna see all my friends again. Dunno if this is supposed to be a punishment or what but I ain't gonna complain

• Advertisement

They're moving me to a different shop in town in ten days. Due to the "restructuring of staff and management between shops" six months ago I'd have raised bell about this. But all of the old guard have either been moved,sacked or left themselves because of the changes the new management has brought in all new staff here now. All of them suck ups and lickarse managers. I'm escaping all the politics all the backstabbing all the horribleness that the shop has become. The shop they're sending me to is where they've sent all the other old staff from our shop. Gonna see all my friends again. Dunno if this is supposed to be a punishment or what but I ain't gonna complain

Leave an upper decker in the gents before you leave... :P

Advertisement