Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Well. I made it to the vee from Dublin with 3 minutes to spare and the sun was just rising. I can check this off the list.

No to make it to a fuel station with the needle in reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Pig, you've just made me realise that you're right. I've been thinking and over thinking for way too long. I'm just going to drop out. I hate my course, the people in it (apart from certain ones here) and everything about it. I've no interest anymore. I love the learning, but not what its about.

Time to make a plan.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

ONE EXAM LEFT.

I haven't been out in six weeks and I am so excited!!!

AND going to Lyon next week to see my friend on Co-Op there.

AND work for the summer so life is all turning up Maura :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

2 exams down and 2 more to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Pig, you've just made me realise that you're right. I've been thinking and over thinking for way too long. I'm just going to drop out. I hate my course, the people in it (apart from certain ones here) and everything about it. I've no interest anymore. I love the learning, but not what its about.

Time to make a plan.

The majority of the people in our course suck :P I hope it works out for you!! I'll still be here struggling on :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Gig in ALT next Thursday is sold out! :D
    Fúck yeah!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Passing the Boots online staff assessment thingy. *fistpump*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Exam 1

Exam 2

Exam 3

Exam 4

Exam 5

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

In the last 12-ish hours I've taught myself basic html and CSS. I like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Feeling unusually calm about the Leaving Cert - and I like it!
    Usually at this stage I'm in a big panic about exams, but I've been studying consistently, doing well in tests and I'd be happy to take any of my top 3 courses which range from 505-560.
    I've a scholarship applied for which would be the most amazing thing to happen to me if I get it because I won't receive any state grants, so fingers crossed.
    I've recently started going running to combat my extreme laziness and yesterday I ran 15km without dying :D :pac:
    I'm gradually getting over my ex and starting to live my life to the full right now and I love knowing that I have the ability, in the next few weeks, to earn something that I've been working so hard towards for essentially the last 14+ years - it's a powerful feeling and ridiculously motivating.
    Some personal issues I've been struggling with for a few years now are starting to improve, and my outlook on life is just so much more positive now, I'm happier, a lot healthier, and hopeful for the future and tis a damn lovely feeling :D

• Advertisement

POSITIVITY! That's fantastic for you, it's great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

aleatorio wrote: »
    Feeling unusually calm about the Leaving Cert - and I like it!
    Usually at this stage I'm in a big panic about exams, but I've been studying consistently, doing well in tests and I'd be happy to take any of my top 3 courses which range from 505-560.
    I've a scholarship applied for which would be the most amazing thing to happen to me if I get it because I won't receive any state grants, so fingers crossed.
    I've recently started going running to combat my extreme laziness and yesterday I ran 15km without dying :D :pac:
    I'm gradually getting over my ex and starting to live my life to the full right now and I love knowing that I have the ability, in the next few weeks, to earn something that I've been working so hard towards for essentially the last 14+ years - it's a powerful feeling and ridiculously motivating.
    Some personal issues I've been struggling with for a few years now are starting to improve, and my outlook on life is just so much more positive now, I'm happier, a lot healthier, and hopeful for the future and tis a damn lovely feeling :D

I hate you. :pac::pac::pac:

Ahhhh no, thats wonderful to hear :D

I blame the weather for all this positivity :P:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

In the last 12-ish hours I've taught myself basic html and CSS. I like this!

Heh, the naivety that comes with your first foray into html before the eventual heartbreak of dealing with Internet Explorer... So cwute! :D

Seriously though, fair play. I think a lot of people would be surprised as to how manageable the basics are. You can do a lot with Google, W3Schools and a blog of your choice like.

My yah: My project in work is going live on a second system tonight. So despite being absolutely wrecked from testing and retesting the past few days, it's cool to finally have it almost done.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Heh, the naivety that comes with your first foray into html before the eventual heartbreak of dealing with Internet Explorer... So cwute! :D

Seriously though, fair play. I think a lot of people would be surprised as to how manageable the basics are. You can do a lot with Google, W3Schools and a blog of your choice like.

My yah: My project in work is going live on a second system tonight. So despite being absolutely wrecked from testing and retesting the past few days, it's cool to finally have it almost done.

It really is though. I'm using codecademy, and it's fantastic. Still not sure I understand everything though.

Yah: house party with the chess lads. They're throwing me a leaving party. Love them.

Coding websites is fun. I'm doing a project for a band at the moment and plan to finish it over the summer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It really is though. I'm using codecademy, and it's fantastic. Still not sure I understand everything though.

Yah: house party with the chess lads. They're throwing me a leaving party. Love them.

Oh, codeacedemy is great! I was sitting in a lab in college one morning and our course director brought a group of TY students in for an intro to programming course and he was using codeacademy. It was really weird, having been coding for four years, to hear the introductory stuff again. :pac:

The real fun begins with PHP and ASP.NET :p

I'm a newb, leave me be! It's pretty interesting, though.

I'm a newb, leave me be! It's pretty interesting, though.

HTML and CSS are good, very interesting and lots to do. So keep at it

Told my mother about my plan to drop out...she's actually not too bad about it. Afraid I won't go back to college, but not too bad overall.

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    HTML and CSS are good, very interesting and lots to do. So keep at it
    Indeed especially with CSS3 you can do amazing things. I check out http://tympanus.net/codrops/ for CSS inspiration.

All this coding talk has reminded me of the summer after the LC when I was trying to decide between Comp Science and IT or Law in NUIG and when I changed it to law at the last minute. I still wonder if I made the right choice :( I had even taught myself HTML! Gah.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

One exam down abd I know I atleast passed :D ♥♥♥
    Now to my hardest exam that I have Monday.. where's the arghh thread >.<

Had loads of family crap today, and life was going to hell (meanwhile I'm not leaving my course, but that's a WHOLE other story), so I tweeted about it. Just got the nicest (out of hours) phone call from the student services in college, a staff member had seen my tweets and was worried, so they wanted someone to make sure I was ok. It's cheered me up a ridiculous amount, because someone cares.

Neutral Milk Hotel, doors open in 1 hour, few pints beforehand, lovely day, OMG!!

Also got accepted for work experience in a law firm in Dublin :D Ultimate Success!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Had loads of family crap today, and life was going to hell (meanwhile I'm not leaving my course, but that's a WHOLE other story), so I tweeted about it. Just got the nicest (out of hours) phone call from the student services in college, a staff member had seen my tweets and was worried, so they wanted someone to make sure I was ok. It's cheered me up a ridiculous amount, because someone cares.

Can I ask why have you changed your mind?

Mainly because I'd have no support if I did. I have a plan, at least.

Neutral Milk Hotel was the greatest of experience of my life, I was truly blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Got a new suit. Have to say, I look pretty damn good in it. #Sweg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I'm running on edge

Advertisement