Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I know I should be sad and homesick and all that ****e but I'm not. I fúcking love London. I love my job. I love the city. The people I work with are deadly. In general it's just class.

Would love to live and work there, was over a few weeks ago and fell in love with the place.

If you don't mind me asking, how close do you live to the city and is it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

marko93 wrote: »
    Would love to live and work there, was over a few weeks ago and fell in love with the place.

If you don't mind me asking, how close do you live to the city and is it expensive?

I'm in tufnell park which is at the edge of zone 2, I'm working in Camden so I can walk it in about half an hour. I'm paying 700 per month including all the bills, which seems normal enough. The best part for me is that when my boyfriend moves over it's no problem with the LL and won't cost any extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Study hit a massive wall earlier so I went into town and spent a load of money which probably wasn't a good idea but anyway, I'll hopefully be able to make a better stab at it tomorrow and my face now smells like peaches as a result of my spree so everything's good for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

No exam Friday whoo

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

BEST. EXAM. EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Dissertation submitted. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Had calpol today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

One exam left and freeeeeeeeeedom

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Had calpol today :)

Drug abuse is not cool kids.

But Calpol is the nectar of the Gods... I refused to move on to 6+ because it tasted like ass. Why can't all medicine taste like Calpol... :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fix me a Flaming Homer, Bar-keep!

• Advertisement

I deserve to be smacked in the face for waiting this long. but its probably the best thing ever waiting for this new phone. So happy with it. the dual speakers nom nom nom. colours nom nom nom. so ya this post is basically phone phone phone phone blah blah blah blah phone phone phone. and i can bring it into water and i can take very nice photo's . let the selfie maraton begin. lol i already have 2,300 selfies. So, finally time to say good by to the s4 get it repaired and be the actual first phone i ever sold. funnily enough im willing to depart with this. While i loved it, it hasnt been me. and everyone knows their phone makes them. Also i can save pressing buttons by double tapping the screen to switch on. sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

5 awards at prize night... To say I'm over the moon would be a massive understatement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Cakes. wrote: »
    5 awards at prize night... To say I'm over the moon would be a massive understatement! :D

Congrats :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My little brother FINALLY got diagnosed with dyspraxia. After six years, countless battles with teachers and almost a grand out of my mother's pocket, they have a diagnosis. Except because it's only diagnosed now, he's going to be stuck with being almost unable to write for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

3 months cigarette free this week if my date recollection is right. having lungs again FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

First exam was piss easy. Thank god programming is a practical exam!

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    First exam was piss easy. Thank god programming is a practical exam!

Your programming exam is practical? I envy you, what college do you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

First concert of the Summer booked!* :D.

*i say first but i havent seen any other concerts i wanna go to, so unfortunately it may be the only one! Would love EP but it's doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

LoveLamps wrote: »
    First concert of the Summer booked!* :D.

*i say first but i havent seen any other concerts i wanna go to, so unfortunately it may be the only one! Would love EP but it's doubtful

Next EP announcement is tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Just got a call telling me I have an interview for a very well known entertainment store where I would be IN MY ELEMENT (except for video games, not much to say about anything after the PS2 tbh lol) aaaaah please all the gods and atoms please let this happen for me!!!

• Advertisement

Your programming exam is practical? I envy you, what college do you go to?
    Aye they implemented it 2 years ago. I go to National College of Ireland.

Aye they implemented it 2 years ago. I go to National College of Ireland.

That is fantastic, mine is written :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Slow Show wrote: »
    Just got a call telling me I have an interview for a very well known entertainment store where I would be IN MY ELEMENT (except for video games, not much to say about anything after the PS2 tbh lol) aaaaah please all the gods and atoms please let this happen for me!!!

How about we work together? I know video games, you know the rest, a brilliant relationship!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Exam 1

Exam 2

Exam 3

Exam 4

Exam 5

:D

That is fantastic, mine is written :(
    I feel the pain of writing of code as you have no idea if its right or wrong. Out of curiosity what college do you go to?

I feel the pain of writing of code as you have no idea if its right or wrong. Out of curiosity what college do you go to?

Much prefer a practical exam. I go to NUIM!

My horoscope has been so truthful to me today. This is a yeah!!

I know I keep going on about this but I absolutely love London. For every bad day of homesickness the satisfaction I get out of my work makes up for it 10 times over. It's so nice to finally have my skills recognised and be pretty much in charge of my section, being allowed to try new recipes and dishes and the chef liking the majority of them. Being given a catalogue to order whatever equipment I need. I can't believe how far I've come. Just over 3 years ago I was in a course I hated in UCD, which had made me very depressed never would I have dreamed where I'd be now, working as a pastry chef in one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants like. I actually feel like pinching myself when I wake up sometimes.

I just want to say to anyone who's thinking of a massive change/dropping out of college/quitting a job. If you know it's right then just do it ffs. Forget what people think or say just do what's right for you. It's without a doubt the best decision I've ever made and I'd do it a thousand times over.

Pig, you've just made me realise that you're right. I've been thinking and over thinking for way too long. I'm just going to drop out. I hate my course, the people in it (apart from certain ones here) and everything about it. I've no interest anymore. I love the learning, but not what its about.

Time to make a plan.

• Advertisement

I left it probably a year longer than I should have to leave. It got to the point where I said to my parents "kick me out, cut me off, do what you want I don't care I'm not going back" Thankfully after the initial shock, and secret thinking it was a terrible idea they were supportive of it and now agree I couldn't have made a better decision. There's such a culture in Ireland of going to college just for the sake of it and because everyone else does. But in all honestly how many 17/18 year olds REALLY know what they want to do for the rest of their lives. It's a massive decision to make at that age!

Good luck with whatever you decide and if you feel like PMing anyone about it I'm here. I'm not going to lie it wasn't an easy few months, but it made me stronger and realise who my true friends were.

Advertisement