Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

George's Street Arcade is great for vinyl hunting. Whenever I'm up in the bigschmokeyurt I pick up one or two strange jazz rekkids, and can't stop my yappa from spoutin' a big-shot 20s music produsaah accent, see, nyah.

My prized vinyl possesions are currently a 70s pressing of John Wesley Harding, an original copy of John Lennon's 1969 Toronto concert (which unfortunately included Yoko Ono's wailing), and the In Rainbows big box-set thingy, which is also kew.

Over the summer I must take a trip up to Dublin and grab some more!

While wandering around Electric Picnic last year, we found a tent that had 1000's of vinyls for sale... no exaggeration in saying I could have happily spent the entire weekend in there browsing. Unfortunately I didn't actually buy anything (was conscious that I'd only be trying to mind them while Pulp were playing :P)...

I must get a decent record player one of these days, the €20 Bush one I got in Tesco four years ago is functional but not exactly brilliant. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    While wandering around Electric Picnic last year, we found a tent that had 1000's of vinyls for sale... no exaggeration in saying I could have happily spent the entire weekend in there browsing. Unfortunately I didn't actually buy anything (was conscious that I'd only be trying to mind them while Pulp were playing :P)...

I must get a decent record player one of these days, the €20 Bush one I got in Tesco four years ago is functional but not exactly brilliant. ;)

I dunno if you know Savins in Limerick, I picked up my vinyl player there about 8 months ago now. It's quite a nifty little thing but iirc twas about €120! That said, there is a built in cd player, cassette player and radio in it so not the worst investment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Looking forward to plans with buds tonight :) After a meh week.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I have deactivated my Facebook account, for good this time. No longer will I go crawling back after a few days like a guilty lover. I am FREEEEE!
    Also, I neglected to tell anyone I was doing this which makes it all the better I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Failed the **** outta maths by giving up with an hour to go..

But who cares? Coz only one test left and Schoolssssssssss outttttttttttttt forrrrr summerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

In exactly three weeks time I'll be enjoying my first day of summer. Bit late I know, but sure! :P

@deise_girl I literally have to listen to that song every time I get summer holidays! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

SUMMMMMMMMMMER!!! Exams done and dusted. I got one back and got a massive 25%(the worst I've ever gotten!) but who cares its summer holiday time :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My dad just gave me 20 euro to put extra petrol in my car:) He wouldn't want me stalling somewhere and getting stuck:P

Class proper reinacted "What Time is it", just before the bell went for the Summer holidays :L
    We're some ledges..

It feels so weird being on the internet and not having to feel guilty about it.. Its like cray cray!
    Altho procrastinating internet is always the best kind of internet >.<

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yaaaahhhh for Sudocrem!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

deise_girl wrote: »
    Altho procrastinating internet is always the best kind of internet >.<

Yano I've been internetting for a few hours now, and no, it just isn't the same, without exams to procrastinate from.

Yano I've been internetting for a few hours now, and no, it just isn't the same, without exams to procrastinate from.

The life lesson here kids is: You always want to do what you shouldnt be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So after six years of generally floating around the place, I won a school prize for academic excellence. I don't even...

Namlub wrote: »
    So after six years of generally floating around the place, I won a school prize for academic excellence. I don't even...

Aw I miss SAC and the really long awards day. Congratulations!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Aw I miss SAC and the really long awards day. Congratulations!:P

So many speeches, oh god. Thanks, I thought they called out the wrong person tbh >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Went for a mostly walk/part run.

Yurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Had lunch with a few friends and then bought a book on the basis of its cover design. I love books when they come with a cool colours and patterns, rather than a picture of Will Smith with a machine gun.

"The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot: NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE STARRING WILL 'I GOTTA GET ME ONE-A-THOSE' SMITH."

I wasnt called to get up and walk the doggies this morning, for like the 2nd time ever!!(First was day after 1D)
    Wow, perhaps one of the most glorious moments of my recent life. Even if I was still outta bed y 12, om nom nom :D

This morning was one of the funnest things Ive ever done in my life.
    Wow.
    <3

Heh I double posted. And I dont even care.
    What a wonderful world.

I'm going on holidays to Lanzarote with my boyfriend tomorrow for a week and I'm so excited I can't sleep!:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Sciences Po Paris, prepare to be almostnever'd :D So excited! *happy dances*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Sciences Po Paris, prepare to be almostnever'd :D So excited! *happy dances*
    When'd you change your avatar? It's like you're a new, unwelcome stranger I should be wary of... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just booked flights into Pisa and out of Berlin. After three summers of saying I'm going to do it I finally am! Flights into Rome were working out too expensive so we went with Pisa instead, going to do Rome another time.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! 25th of July can't come soon enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

One of our kittens looks a bit like Steve Buscemi. This pleases me.

I've christened him 'Steve Buscemi Cat' [notice 'Cat' and not 'Kitten', avoiding the need for a future name-change].

Yay, I got a job which is a 5 minute walk from my house, and I'll get to sell hard liquor to children. Two of my dreams rolled into one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Won two tickets to a concert I was already going to.
    Time to bring some friends to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

suppose to be studying for english paper 2 but boards isn't letting me :D

also this fellow doesn't help either

Got sucked into a late-night YouTube vortex and came out with so much music to investigate over the next few days. Being tired now was totally worth it.

I also ordered Moon Safari on vinyl. Just felt it was something that needed to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Colm! wrote: »
    Won two tickets to a concert I was already going to.
    Time to bring some friends to this.

Its a good thing that we're friends, Colm. Ole buddy ole pal. Me amigo. Did I mention that we're friends? You're also looking rather dashing lately, just thought I'd mention that, my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Back home after the best five days ever, amazing way to start summer!!!

Advertisement